Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Needing for Repair

I did an SM group and the tank pulled too big and died early on.

After that, every item no one else NEEDED, he NEEDED cause he had to pay for his repair bill.

Last boss drops mail tank shoulders, which he needs of course. Again, to pay for his repairs.

Is this a new thing? Or was this guy just a self entitled dick?

*Update* on Page 13
    Last edited by Squigglyo; 2019-10-02 at 06:00 AM.

Pretty common. A very reliable way to make money in wow is just to vendor high value items.
    Its mostly grays, but weapons and plate armor vendor for a lot too.

Loot just is distributed poorly in Classic.
    Ideally, needing an item shouldn't even be possible if you can't wear it.
    A feature introduced later on.
    Or perhaps more ideal, personal loot.

No reserving. No needing for vendoring.
    No nonsense at all.

Its not what people think they want, but it solves a lot of problems and predatory behavior by people who think they are more important than the etiquette of the game.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

He was probably needing to get funds for the mount. Repair was likely an excuse.

Just need as well if someone does that in the future. Or kick from group if it bothers you
    Only a great fool would vote for a lunatic. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the candidate on the Right.

But they must have known I was not a great fool, and would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the corrupt candidate on the Left.

The latter. Had a similar experience a few years ago when a hunter needed on a shield I needed just so he could vendor it. Some players are just dicks.

just kick him

Sorry, but that's bullshit. While Mail repair cost is higher than cloth, it's not so high as it was back in vanilla, since the repair-cost were nerfed somewhere in between. 1.12 cost is arond the same as in vanilla, just the gold is less common. But nothing you can't get with a small round of farming or simply selling all the junk you got.

He wants his Mount on 40, so he's just a Ninja Looter.

He's a ninja, and that's final.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not common. I suggest you to avoid that tank in the future. Also it might worth it to write about it in Trade and LFG channels few times, so other players will know what to expect from that tank and decide whether they want to group with him in the future. I could imagine going like that at 60 level, because plate epics cost a lot to repair and tank gear breaks even without wipes from incoming attacks, but this kind of loot should be discussed and accepted by everyone before the run.
    Last edited by vsb; 2019-09-29 at 12:21 AM.

They are a self entitled dick. That's what greed is for. Need is only for wearing/using the item.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

That's when you start needing alongside them

Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post

After that, every item no one else NEEDED, he NEEDED cause he had to pay for his repair bill.

Last boss drops mail tank shoulders, which he needs of course. Again, to pay for his repairs.

sum1 starts doing that shit u just need back ez

Quote Originally Posted by Akasha64 View Post
    He's a ninja, and that's final.
    I was going to discuss it further and put forward a counter argument, but I see you said "that's final" so you must be right!!!

- - - Updated - - -

So this is the mighty "classic community" - if someone does something you don't agree with, just start behaving in the same way! And you lot wonder why the community is so terrible in classic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Sorry, but that's bullshit. While Mail repair cost is higher than cloth, it's not so high as it was back in vanilla, since the repair-cost were nerfed somewhere in between. 1.12 cost is arond the same as in vanilla, just the gold is less common. But nothing you can't get with a small round of farming or simply selling all the junk you got.

He wants his Mount on 40, so he's just a Ninja Looter.
    Are you saying the repair cost is the same, or different? You seem to contradict yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post

If people agree on it before the run, then sure. I guess there is an argument somewhere.

But it should definitely not be the default that tanks can get all vendor loot.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tend to agree that this is really what 'greed' is for. I'm not going to call him a dick or anything because desperately needing something to vendor to pay for repairs was a familiar feeling back when I started. So I get that but that's something that could be agreed upon up front before anything is pulled.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

15+ Year Old Account
    Its just tank entitlement thats kicking in, he think he can do whatever he wants cause he is the tank.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    I was going to discuss it further and put forward a counter argument, but I see you said "that's final" so you must be right!!!

- - - Updated - - -

So this is the mighty "classic community" - if someone does something you don't agree with, just start behaving in the same way! And you lot wonder why the community is so terrible in classic.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you saying the repair cost is the same, or different? You seem to contradict yourself
    It's different from 1.1, but not from 1.12. Blizzard nerfed tank costs big between this patches. So yes, it's different from when i leveled first in vanilla and now. And even back then, when the costs were MUCH higher, nearly no tank needed on vendor-loot. If he does, he's a ninja, period.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, but NEEDING on things that you don't wear, is called ninja-looting, period. We have a system like this in vanilla, where you can need on something, because you need this item, or THE COIN-ICON for selling it on the AH/Vendor called Greed. I don't think that there's anything to discuss. You don't agree to it, fine. But you will get on many ignore-lists with like this, it's antisocial behavior; what's there to discuss?

And compared to Vanilla the ignore-list was actually #fullofchanges: when you are on ignore, all your twinks will be on ignore to, different compared to vanilla. So for a few items, you account will be quick on many ignore-lists. Not sure if it's worth for a few green items from SM, when you simply can level a few levels further and get much much more gold much more quickly.
    Last edited by Velerios; 2019-09-29 at 08:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    what's there to discuss.
    You should read posts you reply to. Like i said in my post that you quoted, the discussion point is clear -the majority of "classic players" in this thread believe that the appropriate response to bad behavior in game is to replicate that bad behavior and encourage others to do the same. This seems to go against the really strong community that was yapped on about for months where anyone who behaved poorly in any way was removed from groups IMMEDIATELY, kicked from guilds, unable to ever find a guild again, and often chased off the server altogether.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Its just tank entitlement thats kicking in, he think he can do whatever he wants cause he is the tank.
    This has been a thing since day one, and continues to this day. As someone who ALMOST exclusively tanks, i find it infuriating when dealing with this type of person on the occasions i dps.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I tend to agree that this is really what 'greed' is for. I'm not going to call him a dick or anything because desperately needing something to vendor to pay for repairs was a familiar feeling back when I started. So I get that but that's something that could be agreed upon up front before anything is pulled.
    Sorry, but it's BS. In DM ok, there can be that tanks have higher repair costs, so high that he might need on some things. But he's in SM, Scarlet Monastery is a moneybag; i made 10 gold there just with vendor-trash that i greeded, grey items, silk cloth or simply other trash. No, i don't believe it has anything to do with repair cost. It's mount cost. And i would not wonder @OP if he overpulled the first pull intentionally to justify his need-roll on everything.

- - - Updated - - -

You should read posts you reply to. Like i said in my post that you quoted, the discussion point is clear -the majority of "classic players" in this thread believe that the appropriate response to bad behavior in game is to replicate that bad behavior and encourage others to do the same. This seems to go against the really strong community that was yapped on about for months where anyone who behaved poorly in any way was removed from groups IMMEDIATELY, kicked from guilds, unable to ever find a guild again, and often chased off the server altogether.
    To be honest: no, i doubt that all of this actually will happen. 2 of the 4 other party members might put him on ignore. I would have put im there and yes, also kick him out of the group or leave the group. But over time, you will be put on more and more ignore-lists, and yes, if you do it too often, people will talk about it and then you are branded as a ninja-looter.

And i'm not sure if this is worth for a few SM-Vendor-Trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Yep, a result of tank scarcity tbh, people tolerate this cause they don't want to wait another 30+ mins for another tank.

As a 60 prot warrior: Hes dick and you shouldn't invite him to groups again.