Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

8.2.5- The End of BFA?

I've been seeing this idea pop up more and more and it's surprising me. Maybe I shouldn't be surprised. So I'm putting this out to air.

Are they going to reveal that 8.2.5 is the end of BFA, and we are not getting anything else until they release the next expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    I've been seeing this idea pop up more and more and it's surprising me. Maybe I shouldn't be surprised. So I'm putting this out to air.

Are they going to reveal that 8.2.5 is the end of BFA, and we are not getting anything else until they release the next expansion?
    Holy crap, stop with these trash threads. It's not the end of BfA, evidently based off of what the developers have said about knowing who the final boss will be from 8.2.

"Battle for Azeroth" was never about the Horde vs Alliance war, so just because that's over with it doesn't mean the story is. Battle for Azeroth is going to be literal i.e. the end boss is always going to be about the battle for Azeroth herself. Whether that's N'zoth, Sylvanas, Azeroth herself, we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    Holy crap, stop with these trash threads. It's not the end of BfA, evidently based off of what the develops said about knowing who the final boss will be from 8.2.
    It's not a trash thread considering how many people I've seen seriously consider this to be the case.

It's not a trash thread considering how many people I've seen seriously consider this to be the case.
    It's another trash thread when there's already multiple threads going on here about it.

I dont think they planned for it to be the end, but seeing how shitty the patch was and how BFA is just a cluster fuck , they may abandon it. I really do think that Classics popularity caught them off guard and now they will scramble to make changes in 9.0 that have already been started on. The only thing left in BFA is to set up 9.0 and thats not going to last a year or more
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

It's 100% a trash thread. At least 4-5 other threads with the same premise. We know 8.3 is coming, and from ion himself, although, he seems to place more faith in the player base than he should, stated, " we will know who the end boss for BFA is after the EP raid". If there is going to be an "end boss for BFA", it can't end at 8.2.5, because there was no boss released.

So yes, this is a trash thread and a waste of everyone's time. ALL of this info is out there in multiple other threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    I dont think they planned for it to be the end, but seeing how shitty the patch was and how BFA is just a cluster fuck , they may abandon it. I really do think that Classics popularity caught them off guard and now they will scramble to make changes in 9.0 that have already been started on. The only thing left in BFA is to set up 9.0 and thats not going to last a year or more
    It's really not and it really hasn't been, but sure, jump on that dumb bandwagon.

Holy crap, stop with these trash threads. It's not the end of BfA, evidently based off of what the developers have said about knowing who the final boss will be from 8.2.
    This statement can mean anything and nothing. Possible final bosses for BfA based on that: Azshara, N'zoth, Jaina, Lorthemar, some crazy titan statues, the ocean.

With 8.2.5 being the last patch of this expansion there arise two problems:

- if the next expansion doesn't release in Q2/20 it will be a drought of +12 months again
    - to not announce 8.2 as the final tier and 8.2.5 as the final patch would backfire a lot

There are several points why 8.2.5 might be the final patch though, as well. Not going to list them here, we discussed that already in a dozen other threads.

Point is, the idea that 8.2.5 is the last patch of BfA was born long before we got 8.2.5 itself.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account

Huge doubt as we will have a huge drought. 8.3 is coming, we'll see a reveal for 8.3 at BlizzCon and most likely Expansion teasing.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

It's really not and it really hasn't been, but sure, jump on that dumb bandwagon.
    It really was and Really has been, but sure White knight the hell out of it

I don't think so since the War Campaign was only a side part of the BFA's storylines. If you look closely, outside of Drustvar (or at least for now) reputation, you only have Old god themed reputations :

>Proudmoore's reputation is about Ashvane and her rise and fall. She's directly connected to Azshara
    >Stormsong is the most explicit area with Old gods minions
    >Nazmir and the blood trolls are followers of a Blood God, which is revealed to be part of the Old Gods plans
    >Uldir has a side story about the sethraks, but it ends with Mythrax's seal broken which is an Old God storyline
    >And Zuldazar shows us the schemes of Zul, a puppet of the Old Gods

So yeah, the War Campaign is over but, would I dare say it, it was only a sidestory. The main campaign about BFA will end with N'zoth.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would vote in favor of ending BFA with 8.2.5, but I don't see that happening. I think they have the story planned too far ahead to make that call.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    This statement can mean anything and nothing. Possible final bosses for BfA based on that: Azshara, N'zoth, Jaina, Lorthemar, some crazy titan statues, the ocean.
    Exactly, which implies 8.2. wasn't the final boss of BfA (seeing as they said we'd know who the final boss would be from the EP cinematic). Seeing as 8.2.5 contained no new raid, it goes without saying that 8.3 exists as we've yet to fight the final boss of the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    It's 100% a trash thread. At least 4-5 other threads with the same premise. We know 8.3 is coming, and from ion himself, although, he seems to place more faith in the player base than he should, stated, " we will know who the end boss for BFA is after the EP raid". If there is going to be an "end boss for BFA", it can't end at 8.2.5, because there was no boss released.

So yes, this is a trash thread and a waste of everyone's time. ALL of this info is out there in multiple other threads.
    At this point I dont think Ion really knows what the fuck is going on with BFA . Its probable they just throw a dart at the board and pick a Final boss . Nothing they do will be satisfying and the sooner they get BFA done with the better

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    It really was and Really has been, but sure White knight the hell out of it
    A bit messy at the start with the azerite system, sure, but storyline wise it's been straight forward and we've gotten just the same content as Legion. It's not been as bad as people have made it out to be, but the dumb bandwagon of hate towards blizzard surely did ramp up for a hot minute.

Quote Originally Posted by City Pop View Post
    I would vote in favor of ending BFA with 8.2.5, but I don't see that happening. I think they have the story planned too far ahead to make that call.
    "story" I pray to God they never let Golden write another story for WOW

Exactly, which implies 8.2. wasn't the final boss of BfA (seeing as they said we'd know who the final boss would be from the EP cinematic). Seeing as 8.2.5 contained no new raid, it goes without saying that 8.3 exists as we've yet to fight the final boss of the expansion.
    Azshara is the final boss, we saw Azshara, we've fought Azshara. Unlikely scenario yet it would make that statement true. A statement by the way that was never officially made in front of cameras afaik. I mean that's an awful statement then and very fishy yet it wouldn't be a lie in the end.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2019-09-29 at 11:15 PM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

I think it is and it really has been. Don’t think it’s a bandwagon either, that’s a good way to label people’s criticism so you don’t need to pay attention to it though.

However I fully believe 8.3 is happening, I see why people might think it’s not but I believe that’s a bit ridiculous.

And no, we haven’t gotten the same content as legion lol. That’s false. We’ve gotten watered down versions of our classes from legion, we’ve had tier sets removed, we’ve had random gcd changes that nobody asked for during a time when they weren’t focused heavily on class design (of their own admission), we have no mage tower which was one of the most praised forms of content from legion, we have azerite which is a far worse and less interesting version of artifacts (no cool lore behind it, nothing too interesting about a majority of the passive abilities, it was an absolute clownfest from 8.0-8.1.5 due to how it functioned with AP, etc). We kept titanforging (lol), and on top of that the new forms of content added to BfA are two different instances of mindless trash grinding with absolutely nothing interesting about either of them. Islands are so bad that even on mythic difficulty they’re a joke. Then you also have the AP grind being moved from M+, raiding and world quests to only Islands and World quests which is probably the worst decision they could’ve made regarding AP. M+ caters to almost everyone due to having a very large difficulty range going from 2-30+, you could choose to take it easy or push yourself. Now the only choice is to mindlessly pull a bunch of mobs until you fill up a bar.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2019-09-29 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by City Pop View Post
    Why the hell would anyone want this? So you'd rather less content and a longer wait between the next expansion with the story basically left 2/3 of the way through? Jesus. The end content of the expansion has already been made, so ending BfA earlier isn't going to make the next expansion come any quicker - it'll just be a longer wait between what we will end up with compared to just not putting any more out now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    For the most part. We might get a filler patch with 8.3 to deal with the expansion's side threat/story. Or they could save fishy boy for another expansion, who knows.