Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Enjoying it so far. The way they handle skills and new blood types is pretty clever. It encourages you to try new things to unlock the abilities. Which also makes you have to swap weapon types and veils. Once you've unlocked them you can do whatever you want.

I'm still debating whether to buy this game, but I do need to point out one thing. The OST is awesome:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyx22 View Post
    I'm still debating whether to buy this game, but I do need to point out one thing. The OST is awesome:
    Totally! I am glad I got the collector edition for this the sound tracks of the game is fantastic really gives me the vibe of Nier Automata style!

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    So between piss easy and moderately hard? Sorry mate that's just too wide of a spread for me to make sense of lol.
    Peoples view on difficulty tends to come from whether or not they're playing with the companions. Its easier than the souls games with a companion, its more punishing than all the soulsborne games without a companion.

Then the jump from NG to NG+ is supposed to be the equivalent of going up to NG+3 in souls.

Anyways this game is meh, it was clear during development they struggled to find an identity for it and it shows in the finished product. Wants to be a weeb game but fails in most regards outside of fan service. Wants to be a souls game but the gameplay is far too janky and bad to even compare.
    This is incredibly inaccurate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Damn, I love dystopian themes, but this anime shit is just too cringey for me. Besides, from what I've seen so far, everything looks pretty bland and boring.

Too bad, post apocalyptic blood-sucking fiends could've been cool.
    I don't find anime stuff cringey on its own, like I can enjoy watching most or playing a game like this. But the communities can be cringey as hell, some of the shit I see on the reddit sub man...

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    It is an easy mode compare to Sekiro but still not bad at all I love the idea of customizing your own playstyle with the passive and active abilities and mixing them up. It also seems easy to get Platinum trophy so I am focusing on that now.
    You playing with or without the companion?
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Peoples view on difficulty tends to come from whether or not they're playing with the companions. Its easier than the souls games with a companion, its more punishing than all the soulsborne games without a companion.

Then the jump from NG to NG+ is supposed to be the equivalent of going up to NG+3 in souls.

This is incredibly inaccurate.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't find anime stuff cringey on its own, like I can enjoy watching most or playing a game like this. But the communities can be cringey as hell, some of the shit I see on the reddit sub man...

You playing with or without the companion?
    Without companion tbh the main reason I am finding it easy because I am comparing it with Sekiro.

How long did y'alls first play through take? And does it have about the same replay value like the games it compares to does? I so want another ds title I want to play 3 again but I always play it the same way and I've done pretty much everything to be done many times. I've procrastinated on buying a console forever. But this bloodbourne and ff7 would finally seal the deal for me.... Next time there is a sale that is haha. It's expensive to keep up a PC.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

10+ Year Old Account
    The only annoying thingy I find about the game tbh is the area design which reminded me of Dark Souls 2. I hate the DS2 area design so much with the narrow one line corridors stuff. I am more into DS1, DS3, Bloodborne, and Sekiro wide vast area design.

Totally! I am glad I got the collector edition for this the sound tracks of the game is fantastic really gives me the vibe of Nier Automata style!
    Yeah, I'm probably going to just bite the bullet and pay full price for the game. I really wanna try it. Also, I definitely see the NieR vibes, which is right up my alley in case you didn't notice my profile picture lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Yay

10+ Year Old Account
    This 100% is "Weeb Souls". Plays like a Dark Souls game, has interesting level design (so far) like a Dark Souls game, is challenging like a Dark Souls game...

It really is a blast to play. Although, I will admit that the anime style is very off-putting. It's hard for me to take the story seriously and I'm not really getting absorbed into the atmosphere. I also find the cutscenes kinda cringey. Gameplay wise though? Spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Asphyx22 View Post
    Yeah, I'm probably going to just bite the bullet and pay full price for the game. I really wanna try it. Also, I definitely see the NieR vibes, which is right up my alley in case you didn't notice my profile picture lol
    If you have access to a console there's a demo you can use to try it

Otherwise its straight up anime dark souls, so if you enjoy souls and are chill with anime art style then you'll like this.

Aye, I know what you mean; I loved Hajime no Ippo for example which for all intents and purposes is as anime as it gets, but I automatically associate pervy-anime-geeks to these kind of games, which results in an involuntary antipathy against everything remotely "kawai", bouncing boobs and all.

Maybe it's because I've got daughters, but anyone that thinks children-like cartoons are sexy, deserves to be choked out.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

It has been interesting seeing so many going "Its so easy!" when even outside of NG+, if you go without a companion its harder than any Souls.

Wasn't that always the thing in Soulsborne games? That if you summon someone you've turned on easy mode?
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    It has been interesting seeing so many going "Its so easy!" when even outside of NG+, if you go without a companion its harder than any Souls.

Wasn't that always the thing in Soulsborne games? That if you summon someone you've turned on easy mode?
    As I said I am playing without companion and I still find it easier than Sekiro. I always play without summon in the Souls series specially in my first walkthrough. I never go co op mode until I finish the game the first time solo.

Most likely would of got this but I am too busy with other games

As I said I am playing without companion and I still find it easier than Sekiro. I always play without summon in the Souls series specially in my first walkthrough. I never go co op mode until I finish the game the first time solo.
    I might actually pick this up based on some posts here. I really was gonna skip it until it was on sale, but if it seems decent enough, I might enjoy it.

I'll likely play without companions only because I don't like the idea of having one. If that ups the difficulty then good.

Re: Sekiro - I actually found it an easy game once I learned it, but easily one of the toughest before that. Once you get to Genichiro the game really says you shall not pass unless you git gud, and it took me a significant # of pulls to get good. Once I got good though I literally breezed through the entire game trivially until I got to second Owl. Fuck that guy.

I even beat the SS my first attempt not really knowing what he was doing. I just parried him repeatedly and his posture was like always broken, way easier than like every boss before him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    I might actually pick this up based on some posts here. I really was gonna skip it until it was on sale, but if it seems decent enough, I might enjoy it.

I'll likely play without companions only because I don't like the idea of having one. If that ups the difficulty then good.

Re: Sekiro - I actually found it an easy game once I learned it, but easily one of the toughest before that. Once you get to Genichiro the game really says you shall not pass unless you git gud, and it took me a significant # of pulls to get good. Once I got good though I literally breezed through the entire game trivially until I got to second Owl. Fuck that guy.

I even beat the SS my first attempt not really knowing what he was doing. I just parried him repeatedly and his posture was like always broken, way easier than like every boss before him.
    Haha nice man yeah Code Vein has its issues for me with the area design but overall it is indeed decent game!

One of the main reasons I say Sekiro is the hardest of the soul series so far because you can't outlvl brute force your way no matter what you do (getting the mask later on doesn't count since you mostly get it complete at the end of the game so the first walkthrough mostly can't brute force outlvl anything). While every soul game you can outlvl the area and the bosses most of the time. Sekiro use the term "get good" to its fullest I love that haha.

Yeah Code Vein also has a nice way of storytelling kinda like your typical JRPG but uses the gameplay of soul game and damn the sound tracks are amazing.

If you have access to a console there's a demo you can use to try it

Otherwise its straight up anime dark souls, so if you enjoy souls and are chill with anime art style then you'll like this.
    I've tried the demo and still wasn't sure how to feel. I'm not huge on Souls games, but I really like anime-themed stuff to the point I'll tolerate game modes I don't normally play (i.e Final Fantasy and turn-base combat). Probably gonna pick it up at some point this weekend and give it a go.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Aye, I know what you mean; I loved Hajime no Ippo for example which for all intents and purposes is as anime as it gets, but I automatically associate pervy-anime-geeks to these kind of games, which results in an involuntary antipathy against everything remotely "kawai", bouncing boobs and all.

Maybe it's because I've got daughters, but anyone that thinks children-like cartoons are sexy, deserves to be choked out.
    Yknow what's funny, I completely forgot jiggle physics were a thing in games and because they're tied to FPS in this game if your FPS is above 30 the jiggle physics stops working. Since my FPS is capped at 144 there is no bouncing boobs at all.

But yeah, what's nice is I can play the game and enjoy it for what it is without engaging with the cringier parts of the community.

Said fuck it and picked the game back up to give it another try since I finished Link's Awakening.

I keep seeing it gets better a little bit pass the intro.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD