Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Looks like N'Zoth's model is available in PTR form:

"We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    You are all talking about some boring stuff, but look what @Maljinwo found:

Mudmug's Place - MudmugsPlaceTest2

Could it be? Is it possible that lord will grace us once again?

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHR View Post
    Nyalotha in a patch?

What is it with Blizzards new habit of turning things that deserve to be sperate expansions into patch content

Argus
    Nazjatar
    Nyalotha

I mean what, a patch can never delve into those things as much as an expansion
    Don't forget the Emerald Nightmare.

But, oh, awesome, at least Kul Tiras is a three-zone expansion continent

And what would we ever do without five entire fleshed out zones just for the Broken Isles

What if we revamped all of Outland and then used it for an expansion, that, and hear me out, took place in an alternate timeline where all of the important deaths and conquests weren't real because it wasn't "our" characters
    Last edited by Amnaught; 2019-10-07 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Looks like N'Zoth's model is available in PTR form]
    It's not a bad look, even if it loses a lot from having the illusion that he's actually huge and in the ground taken away, but it does remind me of one my pet peeves and that's that they ditched the really unique N'zoth eye design from the Azshara Warbringer for the much more standard in-game version.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post

Could it be? Is it possible that lord will grace us once again?
    The herald of the end times comes back to us
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    Not sure how I feel about Vulpera. Definitely weren't among my top picks, so I'll have to postpone jugement once I see the recruitment scenario. Gobs heritage armour on the other hand will likely be fun, which anything goblin related tends to be.
    Are you sure about the heritage armor? I can already see it being about deposing Gallywix to make sure the last Horde race is neutered in the name of unification.

To close on pessimistic note, I kinda have a faint feeling Horde will probably be left out from all this, since our Void-expert roster seems non existant. At least I hope they'll address who the hell is Warchief and what's the state of the Horde, assuming that's how Unifaction wrapped Horde even works from now on.
    I assume that will be left for 8.3.5 where we will get AR treatment for last two remaining races, with Forsaken getting Lightforged abominations and QUEEN CALIA and Horde getting enslaved by Anduin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Looks like N'Zoth's model is available in PTR form
    For the hell of me, but it looks almost exactly like Mass Effect's Soverign but more fleshy. I'm aware it's probably missing a tentacle or two but still.

All we need now is the obligatory "rudementary creatures of flesh and blood" speech along with it.
    Last edited by Dagoth Ur; 2019-10-07 at 08:27 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    "The Vale of Eternal Blossoms is back!"
    YES!
    "And under a new threat!"
    NOOOOOOOOO!!

Aaah, I'm so conflicted on that. Just glad to go back to there and Uldum. They're two of my favorite zones.
    ___

AAAHH, Dragon sighting ahoy!

He's sooo big now! I guess that means dragons can also age according to magic power/knowledge, not just time.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2019-10-07 at 08:29 PM.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    It's not a bad look, even if it loses a lot from having the illusion that he's actually huge and in the ground taken away, but it does remind me of one my pet peeves and that's that they ditched the really unique N'zoth eye design from the Azshara Warbringer for the much more standard in-game version.
    For the hell of me, but it looks almost exactly like Mass Effect's Soverign but more fleshy. I'm aware it's probably missing a tentacle or two but still.

All we need know is the obligatory "rudementary creatures of flesh and blood" speech along with it.
    Looks like it's based on his presentation in Hearthstone:

"We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Are you sure about the heritage armor? I can already see it being about deposing Gallywix to make sure the last Horde race is neutered in the name of unification.
    Crap, I totally forgot about that. Also add all the shilling 8.2 has done for Gazlowe and you're probablly right. I'll carefully correct my statement and say I hope it won't be about that but about something fun.

"Not an Old Gods expansion." they said...

The story/"Lore" just doesn't make any sense any more and feels disjointed and convoluted. Almost as if it's being written by multiple people, without communication between one another and someone constantly going back and forth trying to piece these random "events" together and try and conjure something cohesive out of it all.

Anything can happen at this point. We can almost expect the next expansion to be dealing with Sylvanas for the first part and for the second, the Lich King showing up in his unicycle while juggling a few bowling pins.

Oh boy, Il'gynoth returns in Ny'alotha! Are you ready for another round of cryptic whispers? I can already hear it…

"At the hour of his fourth death, he ushers in our invasion!"
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Looks like it's based on his presentation in Hearthstone:
    In the HS art he has eyes that are kind of an inbetween of the Warbringers and BFA version. It'd have been a good compromise. Slim as the hope is I really hope we don't destroy Ny'alotha and kill N'zoth at the end of this.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Here is apparently the full list of 8.3 raid bosses:

Ra-den the Despoiled: Deep within the Black Empire, the Keeper's fate is revealed. Now corrupted by N'Zoth, Ra-Den works to make his master's vision of the Black Empire a reality.

Maut: When the breaking of N'Zoth's prison unleashed his Aqir across Azeroth, their dark prophets set about constructing an obsidian statue imbued with the void essence of the Old God himself. The moment Maut sprung to life it consumed the magic of its creators, leaving their corpses to rot beneath the scorching sun of Uldum.

Carapace of N'Zoth: A writhing mass of flesh, eyes, and tentacles ley like a mountain ahead. Tendrils of corruption and fear seep from the hulking body. This is the core of the Black Empire, the seat of N'Zoth's power, within the body of a god.

Shad'har the Insatiable: One of N'Zoth's more abberrant creations, Shad'har the Insatiable devours anything he can. Fed by slurry secreted from the walls of its domain, this ravenous beast is wracked in constant torment as the very thing that sustains him also causes radical mutations.

Wrathion, the Black Emperor: Despite all his schemes, Wrathion could not avoid succumbing to the madness that claimed his father. With his mind corrupted by N'Zoth, the Black Prince is a force of unbridled hatred, capable of annihilating all who oppose him in blood and flame.

The Prophet Skitra: Prophet Skitra is a master of twisting his victims minds, until they are unable to discern reality from the terrors he creates.

Vexiona: Vexiona amassed a following of lost souls desperate for power with the promise of being reborn in N'Zoth's image. High atop her temple within the Black Empire she transforms her most loyal servants with the power of the Void, creating a devoted army of unstoppable horrors.

The Hivemind: Generals of N'Zoth's aqir army, Ka'zir and Tek'ris are able to exert their will over the hive. Each feels they are the dominant leader and will wrest control from the other, changing the tactics of their minions.

Drest'agath: The great form of Drest'agath slumbered beneath the Black Empire, until she was awakened by N'Zoth's return. Now, she rises to the surface, like a great boil on the verge of bursting. Parts of Drest'agath have already broken the surface, threatening to spill her pestilence across Azeroth.

Il'gynoth, Corruption Reborn: After defeat in the Emerald Nightmare, Il'gynoth retreated to the depths of Ny'alotha. Here, he has merged with the very architecture of N'Zoth's plane. Spreading like a malignant tumor, Il'gynoth's corruption continues to feed on everything he touches.

N'Zoth, the Corruptor: Despite being imprisoned deep beneath the waves by the titan-forged, N'Zoth's influence continued to corrupt Azeroth. Now, for the first time in millenia, the true form of N'Zoth the Corruptor is revealed. Unless he is stopped, the Black Empire will plunge Azeroth into an eternity of darkness.

Dark Inquisitor Xanesh: There are few who can resist N'Zoth's whispers, but those who do are doomed to fall under Dark Inquisitor Xanesh's wrath. A mastermind of torture, Xanesh prides herself on slowly peeling the sanity from of her victims until they have been carved into true worshippers of the Black Empire.

Grand Empress Shek'zara: With the awakening of N'Zoth, Shek'zara, empress of the mantid, pledged her swarm to the old god's will. In service of her dark master, she unleashed her forces upon the Vale of Eternal Blossoms to claim Pandaria in N'Zoth's name.

In the HS art he has eyes that are kind of an inbetween of the Warbringers and BFA version. It'd have been a good compromise. Slim as the hope is I really hope we don't destroy Ny'alotha and kill N'zoth at the end of this.
    The achievement strings and new title strings suggest that there is a hint of being able to "side" with N'zoth.

yep seems we will save Azshara doing raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)

Carapace of N'Zoth: A writhing mass of flesh, eyes, and tentacles ley like a mountain ahead. Tendrils of corruption and fear seep from the hulking body. This is the core of the Black Empire, the seat of N'Zoth's power, within the body of a god.

N'Zoth, the Corruptor: Despite being imprisoned deep beneath the waves by the titan-forged, N'Zoth's influence continued to corrupt Azeroth. Now, for the first time in millenia, the true form of N'Zoth the Corruptor is revealed. Unless he is stopped, the Black Empire will plunge Azeroth into an eternity of darkness.
    Omg its spine of deathwing all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Onvious View Post
    yep seems we will save Azshara doing raid.
    We better not get an Azeroth is free moment...
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

@Dagoth Ur

It's over. He's being taken from us and so soon too:

8.3 Heritage - Goblin - Crapopolis Scenario (KMS) - Gallywix has taken over the streets of Crapopolis.

Praise be to the Unifaction.

@Dagoth Ur

It's over. He's being taken from us and so soon too:

8.3 Heritage - Goblin - Crapopolis Scenario (KMS) - Gallywix has taken over the streets of Crapopolis.

Praise be to the Unifaction.
    I don't know maybe it's just an homage to that time Gallywix enslaved the Bilgewater and then Thrall just put him right back in charge for some reason.