10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    Bring it on. A couple hundred rednecks with pickup trucks and shotguns vs A-10's and M-1 Abrams. I would pay to see that.
    I doubt even a single shot will be fired. Those morons tend to forget that everything is digital these days. They'll have their electricity turned off, bank account frozen, Internet cut, and a SWAT Team at their door before they can yell Yeehaw!

The fact they believe the US Military and Law Enforcement is going to side with domestic terrorists is laughable.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There some fucking truth right there
    No, there is only 1 truth, and it isn't on the Republicans' side.

Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    It's all in the report, enjoy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mueller_Report

Volume I of the report concludes that the investigation did not find sufficient evidence that the campaign "coordinated or conspired with the Russian government in its election-interference activities"
    I'm surprised nobody called you out on your selective quoting there. Let's read the rest of that paragraph of the Wiki article:

Investigators ultimately had an incomplete picture of what happened due to communications that were encrypted, deleted or unsaved, as well as testimony that was false, incomplete or declined. However, the report stated that Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election was illegal and occurred "in sweeping and systematic fashion", but was welcomed by the Trump campaign as it expected to benefit from such efforts. It also identifies links between Trump campaign officials and individuals with ties to the Russian government, about which several persons connected to the campaign made false statements and obstructed investigations. Mueller later stated that his investigation's conclusion on Russian interference "deserves the attention of every American".
    There was no evidence of coordination or conspiring with the Russian government because people covered up the evidence

Rick Perry said it was "true" that he pressed Trump to make the phone call that prompted an impeachment inquiry. "Absolutely, I asked the president multiple times" https://politi.co/2OsUOWr

Video embedded of this idiot/patsy speaking.

Umm it's a short clip but while Perry doesn't say he told Trump what to say it seems that maybe he is trying to take some heat. Yes, of course Trump was the one who we know from the transcript said what he said, plus all evidence of Guilliani setting up meetings, the ambassador adviser conserns, etc. Yet, Perry says this?
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Waniou View Post
    I'm surprised nobody called you out on your selective quoting there. Let's read the rest of that paragraph of the Wiki article:

There was no evidence of coordination or conspiring with the Russian government because people covered up the evidence
    And he said that Mueller didn't indict him, only because he couldn't based on a fucking DoJ memo, not law.

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Rick Perry said it was "true" that he pressed Trump to make the phone call that prompted an impeachment inquiry. "Absolutely, I asked the president multiple times" https://politi.co/2OsUOWr

Video embedded of this idiot/patsy speaking.

Umm it's a short clip but while Perry doesn't say he told Trump what to say it seems that maybe he is trying to take some heat. Yes, of course Trump was the one who we know from the transcript said what he said, plus all evidence of Guilliani setting up meetings, the ambassador adviser conserns, etc. Yet, Perry says this?
    Perry isn't taking shit. He's clearly stating his case so he doesn't get dragged into the mud with Trump.

And based off of everything I've seen, he's actually clean of this nonsense. Personal view is he's too dumb to be involved in this mess, but this very much seems like him looking to get out ahead of any stories trying to link him with Trumps behavior.

10+ Year Old Account
    "He wrote a letter in Comic Sans, printed it out, signed it, scanned it, then e-mailed the scan.

I kind of admire his consistency, such a ridiculous process and ugly appearance befits the frivolous arguments made in the letter."

https://twitter.com/MaxKennerly/stat...549780484?s=19

Tweet of the day.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waniou View Post

Investigators ultimately had an incomplete picture of what happened due to communications that were encrypted, deleted or unsaved, as well as testimony that was false, incomplete or declined. However, the report stated that Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election was illegal and occurred "in sweeping and systematic fashion", but was welcomed by the Trump campaign as it expected to benefit from such efforts. It also identifies links between Trump campaign officials and individuals with ties to the Russian government, about which several persons connected to the campaign made false statements and obstructed investigations. Mueller later stated that his investigation's conclusion on Russian interference "deserves the attention of every American".
    What?!?! @DocSavageFan is lying by omission? It's about the only way Trumpkins can make any kind of defense of the orange turd - and even then they can't include full story/context.

It's interesting the huge GOP response to the Syria thing today. Trump is just piling up the reasons for everyone to turn on him, including the GOP.

I kinda like comic sans...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I kinda like comic sans...
    Heretic! May the emperor have mercy on your soul!
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    Bring it on. A couple hundred rednecks with pickup trucks and shotguns vs A-10's and M-1 Abrams. I would pay to see that.
    I highly doubt there will be any "formal uprising." Certainly not the "civil war" prognosticated by some (well, one, really) on this forum.

We might see some ozark rednecks posing with their fancy guns at shooting ranges wearing MAGA hats while shooting at targets with pictures of Pelosi and whoever the democratic nominee is going to be. (Which was probably going to happen anyway.) Maybe the neo-nazis will scrape together enough money to buy some more tiki torches and inconvenience a city for a weekend. But I really doubt any of them are going to try anything.

I think it more likely that a handful of deranged lone gunmen go on shooting sprees to take "revenge against the libs." Hopefully they make their intent conspicuous enough that proper law enforcement officials can catch them before they can murder anyone. But cowering for fear of "reprisal" and appeasing the morally corrupt because one fears them is the exact wrong thing to do. Very Unamerican, to boot.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2019-10-08 at 12:01 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I highly doubt there will be any "formal uprising." Certainly not the "civil war" prognosticated by some (well, one, really) on this forum.

I think it more likely that a handful of deranged lone gunmen go on shooting sprees to take "revenge against the libs." Hopefully they make their intent conspicuous enough that proper law enforcement officials can catch them before they can murder anyone.

We might see some ozark rednecks posing with their fancy guns at shooting ranges wearing MAGA hats while shooting at targets with pictures of Pelosi and whoever the democratic nominee is going to be. (Which was probably going to happen anyway.) Maybe the neo-nazis will scrape together enough money to buy some more tiki torches and inconvenience a city for a weekend. But I really doubt any of them are going to try anything.
    Pretty much. "Civil War" translates to "5-10% increase in violent crimes in some areas for about 4 months". Which is significant and problematic, but not quite going full Syria here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Pretty much. "Civil War" translates to "5-10% increase in violent crimes in some areas for about 4 months". Which is significant and problematic, but not quite going full Syria here.
    I wonder if we'll see the same "we had to vote for Trump, because Hillary was just too crooked! It's the democrats who are to blame!" kind of logic applied:

"If the democrats wouldn't have been so intent on ousting Trump from the White House, the right-wing lunatics wouldn't have had to go around assaulting and murdering people! The democrats are to blame for the violence!"
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I wonder if we'll see the same "we had to vote for Trump, because Hillary was just too crooked! It's the democrats who are to blame!" kind of logic applied:

"If the democrats wouldn't have been so intent on ousting Trump from the White House, the right-wing lunatics wouldn't have had to go around assaulting and murdering people! The democrats are to blame for the violence!"
    I mean that isn't a hypothetical, we had a poster on these forums blame the El Paso shooting on the city being too multi-ethnic. They already do that crap. Not all of them, but a very vocal minority. And it is that vocal minority that is visible and annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    Wealthy Majority (whites) oppressing poor majority (whites);

Reaction of the oppressed: take it out on the minorities and immigrants it’s all their fault!
    That's deflection by wealthy and their (media and political) lackeys though.

If they wouldn't be susceptible to such manipulation they would already long rised up against them.

But saying "It's your fault!" against "It's immigrant fault!" when poor whites are as much victims of oppressive system as immigrants and one major injury away from total bankruptcy isn't helpful for anything.

In fact, you could see it as same deflection from same wealthy elites - just for minorities, to deflect their equally poor situation as "it's white's fault".

"Divide and conquer" and all.
    Last edited by Shalcker; 2019-10-08 at 12:57 AM.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...raine-n1062351

Bill Taylor: GORDON, ONE THING KURT AND I TALKED ABOUT YESTERDAY WAS SASHA DANYLIUK'S POINT THAT PRESIDENT ZELENSKYY IS SENSITIVE ABOUT UKRAINE BEING TAKEN SERIOUSLY, NOT MERELY AS AN INSTRUMENT IN WASHINGTON DOMESTIC, REELECTION POLITICS
    And that's only on page 1 of the texts, there are 21 more pages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    That mother Volker blabbed!

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are these people so stupid as to leave a digital trail?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...raine-n1062351

Really curious to hear Bill Taylor's congressional testimony, because it sure seems like he was laboring to get things on the record.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Why are these people so stupid as to leave a digital trail?
    Because they're incompetent, largely. But we have reports dating back to the early days of the Trump administration about their internal efforts to communicate as much as possible in-person specifically to prevent there being any paper trails.

Which isn't suspicious at all. Not one bit.