Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This is the part of 8.3's story that is confusing me the most. Why would N'Zoth allow the Black Blade to fall into Sylvanas' hands if he knew about her deal with Azshara the whole time? Is this all part of his plan, one-upping us, Sylvanas and Azshara, or is it just a strange plothole?

Quote Originally Posted by JMitchy96 View Post
    This is the part of 8.3's story that is confusing me the most. Why would N'Zoth allow the Black Blade to fall into Sylvanas' hands if he knew about her deal with Azshara the whole time? Is this all part of his plan, one-upping us, Sylvanas and Azshara, or is it just a strange plothole?
    my understanding is that he didnt know at that time

found out at the end of Azshara raid or between then and 8.3

Well, i think that there are way more female mogu, but they don't seem to fight much at the front. Anyway, Mogu have many clans and there could be way more compared to what we have seen so far.

On top of that, Mogu, without any training or study, are able to understand and use titan technology and possess Titan knowledge. Through that technology, they can create new Mogu as well, aside from normal reproduction, the way literally nearly all other races handle that matter.

And on top of THAT they have Flesh-binder, who could even be able create new Mogu bodies. On top of that, they can create Mogu bodies out of stone. They can also reverse the Curse of Flesh from the Old Gods if they want too. AND they have Spirit binders, who could take the souls of fallen Mogu and give them new bodies.

The Mogu should be pretty insane when it comes to reproduction in my opinion. If they use or can use all options at their disposal.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    not that, they stated that the race only had 2 females, and they were in the Lei-shen raid, so... dead
    Yet there's references to females existing(Sisters and mothers) and there's canon females of the race...

Lei Shen even killed Queen Monara and is said to have had a feud with another Mogu over a woman.

There's also Ja Sara, a female Mogu that was in Legion and there's

not as a neutral race like then though, i hope the neutral race thing died with pandarens for good.
    Could be that their relationship with the Zandalari could lead them to the Horde and having a past of regret(a former leader who did much harm) aligns quite well with most horde races.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i just wonder what'll happen to her, once she's free.

she'll just go hide somewhere, but she'll still have followers. the naga will run to her. they were loyal to her, not n'zoth.
    Hm: Purged from her corruption, tentacles removed, new Night Elves faction leader, bonus points if they turn her into a child/teenager because fuck it, why not,

OR

Future allied race leader.

7+ Year Old Account
    the dagger being "the only means to defeat n'zoth" is totally bullshit, we defeated other od gods without the needing of a special weapon

why n'zoth would be dumb enough to give the instrument of his defeat to the enemy, implying it will be an instrument of his will?? why and how the dagger is so special since the thing inside is out? and most important why the blde is with her still when she got imprisoned? by logic you take the weapons from the prisoners...

the only thing i can't think is n'zoth fooled both, or its once again blizzard fucking up with the writing again, look like they saw that meme about Sylvanas having something to "piece trough the boss" defenses, and being redeemed in death and decided to change cause that was going to be plot lul

Also, crystal clean that she send everyone to die in nazjtar, even the loyalists, well hell :^)

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    my understanding is that he didnt know at that time

found out at the end of Azshara raid or between then and 8.3
    Yeah, but he was able to give all of us the black spot to see everything we see and so on, but didn't put one on his fav servant?

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    haha one female mogu...responsible for repopulating a race. Ohhh boi!
    Moguchodrial Eve?
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Yet there's references to females existing(Sisters and mothers) and there's canon females of the race...

Lei Shen even killed Queen Monara and is said to have had a feud with another Mogu over a woman.

but it was the lore, those 2 were the ones left, the others died

Could be that their relationship with the Zandalari could lead them to the Horde and having a past of regret(a former leader who did much harm) aligns quite well with most horde races.
    hope not, not before ogres.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Emperor_Tsao

Emperor Tsao could still lead a potential mogu clan (or one of his heirs / successors) to recruit for the Pandaren as an allied race. And this clan could later also be interested in better relations with the Zandalari.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinhart11 View Post
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Emperor_Tsao

Emperor Tsao could still lead a potential mogu clan (or one of his heirs / successors) to recruit for the Pandaren as an allied race. And this clan could later also be interested in better relations with the Zandalari.
    If Mogu go Horde that's going to be super awkward for the Pandaren.

Imagine having both of your worst enemies suddenly become your friends. All we would need is the Mantid to make the awkward frenemy cycle complete.

Doesn't seem like an "azeroth is free" moment to me.

Sounds more like she's just doing a tactical retreat back into the ocean and will probably come try to mess with us again in the future. She wanted to kill or take control of N'zoth but that failed and now she has to rethink her plans.

Have we been to Ny'alotha before... In SoO?

When I just saw images of despoiled Stormwind and Orgrimmar, I recognized the way it looks.
    When Garrosh consumed the Heart of Y'shaarj, on Heroic only phase he literally took us into a parallel dimension of his dream where he won and turned Stormwind Harbor into old god-spoiled land.
    Now we know that Ny'alotha is basically a Void-touched version of out world, much like Emerald Dream, and not a specific location.
    It exists hidden beneath a thin veil, now N'zoth rips it all over the place. But seems that Garrosh, wielding a tiny part of Y'shaarj's powers, was also able to tear the viel and actually take us to Ny'alotha, too!
    So, we were there already before. Like a demo-version.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, Nyalotha is an actual location. We are visiting it specifically in 8.3.

Not Ny'alotha itself I don't think, but it could definitely well have been part of the 'realm' that Ny'alotha is located in (Void-Azeroth?).

9.0 or 10.0 is probably going to be another scourge expac, and I cant wait. they've been hinting that Bolvar's been up to something since Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say it was more of a vision of "what could be if..." kind of thing rather than Ny'alotha directly. But I could be wrong.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

That would be a Horrific Vision rather than Ny'alotha. The visions show you a possible future if the Old God does win.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean the Emerald Nightmare could have literally been Ny'alotha bleeding into the Emerald Dream especially with Il'gynoth making a return already.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    No, Nyalotha is an actual location. We are visiting it specifically in 8.3.
    It's a mirror of Azeorth