Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Thalyssra and Lor’themar and why it’s problematic *spoilers*

So apparently Thalyssra and Lor’themar are hinted to be getting together. Normally I’d be all for this pairing, but it’s problematic for a few reasons.

1. Liadrin. Lor’themar’s liked Liadrin for years, their friendship was something nice based off mutual respect, and I’ve been waiting for him to admit his feelings for her, are they really going to throw it all away for Thalyssra?

2. Possible erasure with Thalyssra. In the 8.2 PTR, they were going to make Thalyssra’s love interest a woman. (Sivara) In retail they changed the text from saving Thalyssra’s “love” to saving her beloved student/loved one. They were going to do something monumental, and suddenly changed their minds. (Gee I wonder why) if they decide to have her chasing after a blood elf dude instead it sounds like massive erasure.

I guess I’m writing this to say Lor’themar and Thalyssra is a terrible idea and it shouldn’t happen.
    change can't wait.

I think having a relationship with a student is something that would actually show Thalyssra in a really bad light. Also, that was 10k years ago.

Liadrin was a friend to Lor'themar for so long, had they been in love with each other they could have had their chance sometime in the last several hundred years.

I'd like Lor'themar/Thalyssra, but as she friend-zones him right in the same conversation, I don't think it will happen ^^

Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    I think having a relationship with a student is something that would actually show Thalyssra in a really bad light. Also, that was 10k years ago.

Liadrin was a friend to Lor'themar for so long, had they been in love with each other they could have had their chance sometime in the last several hundred years.

I'd like Lor'themar/Thalyssra, but as she friend-zones him right in the same conversation, I don't think it will happen ^^
    Exactly. Liadrin and Lor'themar had plenty of time to get to know each other better. I prefer Thalyssra. She's much more interesting character and Liadrin doesn't even have her own model. I wouldn't pick her either. Gurl bye.

Also the Nightborne lived in a magical bubble with the same people for over 10000 years. I bet "friend" has already more than one meaning for them.
    Last edited by Big Mama; 2019-10-08 at 03:23 PM.
    he/him/his • please go check out Nazdorei (Playable Naga Concept) and Kul Tiran Female Edit.

Warcraft will nearly always just do that. Hint. Nothing more. It just pisses to many people off when you do what they don't like

Maybe the three of them are Menage a Troising it up?

Ship wars in Warcraft? Ugh
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Two of the least interesting faction leaders in the game. Neither of them are particularly important to any plot right now, might as well start shacking it up.

Yeah, this is the equivalent of some D-Rank celebrity getting drunk and high on burning man and fucking in front of the camera with some other celebrity of equal fame. They both do it to remain a sliver of attention. Neither Thaly nor Lori are interesting enough to stand on their own, they combine what meagre interest there is in them and add some 'steamy' implications. This is another symptom of the sad state the writing has devolved into, boulevard press levels of stories.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    So apparently Thalyssra and Lor’themar are hinted to be getting together. Normally I’d be all for this pairing, but it’s problematic for a few reasons.

1. Liadrin. Lor’themar’s liked Liadrin for years, their friendship was something nice based off mutual respect, and I’ve been waiting for him to admit his feelings for her, are they really going to throw it all away for Thalyssra?

2. Possible erasure with Thalyssra. In the 8.2 PTR, they were going to make Thalyssra’s love interest a woman. (Sivara) In retail they changed the text from saving Thalyssra’s “love” to saving her beloved student/loved one. They were going to do something monumental, and suddenly changed their minds. (Gee I wonder why) if they decide to have her chasing after a blood elf dude instead it sounds like massive erasure.

I guess I’m writing this to say Lor’themar and Thalyssra is a terrible idea and it shouldn’t happen.
    And this sparse thought was so important that it needed its own separate topic, instead of being added to the existing discussion about the two of them?
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

You have way too much time on your hands bruh.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Well I mean the War is over, this is typically what most do afterwards.

Giggity

There would be nothing monumental about that. Lor'themar and Thalyssra are a perfectly fine couple. Good for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    And this sparse thought was so important that it needed its own separate topic, instead of being added to the existing discussion about the two of them?
    I'm really not seeing your point here.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogguh View Post
    There would be nothing monumental about that.
    There would be nothing monumental about Thalyssra's love interest being a woman?
    change can't wait.

Liadrin is a paladin. She is duty first before love.

There would be nothing monumental about Thalyssra's love interest being a woman?
    no, there wouldn't.

there's other lesbians in the game, multiple in bfa alone. why would thalyssra be any different? it's just another relationship among many.

besides, i want to see what happens when two different elves have children together, would be interesting to see what the children look like.

I'm really not seeing your point here.

No there would not be. Who the hell cares who loves who? "Oh its a gay couple" so? love is love. you shouldnt get a trophy for being gay. And that is coming from someone who is Bi.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mama View Post
    Exactly. Liadrin and Lor'themar had plenty of time to get to know each other better. I prefer Thalyssra. She's much more interesting character and Liadrin doesn't even have her own model. I wouldn't pick her either. Gurl bye.

Also the Nightborne lived in a magical bubble with the same people for over 10000 years. I bet "friend" has already more than one meaning for them.
    "I've been trapped in a bubble with the same guys for 10,000 years. You could say I'm ready for a little... variety." ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account

Didn't Liadrin say whatever when a priest told her that Lor'themar wanted her? Sounds like she only see him as a friend, but from the get go Thalyssra looked at Lor'themar with interest. I don't see no problems at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    People have been asking for Ship to Ship combat. Maybe Blizzard misinterpreted that.

So offense over headcanon shipping and things that never happened?

Did tumblr have another purge or something? these threads today are like something from resetera.