Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire buddhapunch09's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    CoC is the proof, you are just in denial, this FAQ strikes out only pvp activity, not whole CoC as you wish it do be.

What sort of proof you expect to see? COnfirmation from blizzard that CoC is CoC and you should follow it, like you said you will when you've created an account?
    Im starting to think that you are wrong here.
    For Blizzard to intervene you would have to do something drastic I think. I think Blizzard might be like "Hey you need to stop camping this guy its been 3 months now"... Which is almost impossible anyways.
    Plus its seems like a GM contacts you first about it? Of course I'd stop after that.

The reason im thinking you are wrong here is because I look back on the story of Angwe. He did lots of stuff like we are talking about "zone disruption, camping, ganking".
    He was very famous and popular and never got banned for doing this stuff.
    https://www.pcgamer.com/meet-world-o...orious-ganker/
    Last edited by buddhapunch09; 2019-10-09 at 06:10 AM.
    "You can't make the judgement of prostitution simply by observing an exchange of goods." - Quetzl

I picked PvE server because of this.. i don't see why people enjoy being the target of this kind of abuse all day every day,

I leave the other faction be, even on warmode. I'm only there for the bonus, PVP doesn't interest me in the slightest. Live and let live. If some sack of shit decides to go against me while I'm questing or doing any other PVE activity without bothering anybody, and they lose, they get camped until I get bored.
    Last edited by mauserr; 2019-10-09 at 06:23 AM.

Corpse camping is for those who feel really insecure about their weight and/or genitalia and/or are on the lower end of the IQ spectrum. Studies show that eating less junk and healthy self image cures behavior like this.

The only time I'll condone camping in any way is if you're doing it to someone who has recently camped one of your own; if some level 35 is killing your level 20 guild member over and over, bring your ass over there and dumpster the kid and let him know there are people higher on the food chain than him. If your best friend who just came back to play Classic is being murdered in Redridge for 20 minutes by a rogue camping next to the flight path to Lakeshire, stomp the guy and force him to leave. The only time I find camping appropriate is when you're doing it specifically in defense of your friends or a zone that is generally considered your "territory" like Redridge being generally Alliance, Barrens being generally Horde, etc. Camping someone in order to defend home territory full of lowbies is relatively okay as this player has opted into griefing your faction members by going out of their way to kill people drastically lower in level than themselves. The only exception I see here is if the player ganking is level appropriate; a level 19 human rogue ganking in Barrens or a 21 orc warrior attacking in Redridge is level appropriate. Kill them to defend your own party/faction if you see it happening, but don't camp someone engaging in level appropriate PvP.

Level appropriate PvP should be met head on and ended after a fight to the death with the winner saluting the loser after they run back and then simply moving on. You've established your dominance and unless they choose to go after you for revenge, just leave em be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyranis View Post
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/code-of-conduct/

https://www.blizzard.com/en-us/legal...ense-agreement

I've provided you the links. You show us exactly where in these documents it's covered.
    I already did that in #174 for fucks sake

Quote Originally Posted by buddhapunch09 View Post
    Im starting to think that you are wrong here.
    For Blizzard to intervene you would have to do something drastic I think. I think Blizzard might be like "Hey you need to stop camping this guy its been 3 months now"... Which is almost impossible anyways.
    Plus its seems like a GM contacts you first about it? Of course I'd stop after that.

The reason im thinking you are wrong here is because I look back on the story of Angwe. He did lots of stuff like we are talking about "zone disruption, camping, ganking".
    He was very famous and popular and never got banned for doing this stuff.
    https://www.pcgamer.com/meet-world-o...orious-ganker/
    Yes, and the guy i originally quoted was talking about stalking someone 24/7 and corpse camping him
    I could sit there 24 7 camping a horde lvl19 on my alliance LVL 60 and constantly kill them all day every day for months
    - you can't do that just because "it's pvp server and faq says that you can corpse camp people, which means stalking players is fine".

or
    I can form 3 X 40 man raids and we can camp the horde base in ashenvale killing every player in sight for 1000 days. This is not griefing.
    Which is zone disruption and these are examples of things you can get banned for even on PvP server, because it's irrelevant to pvp.

Because you are always contacted by a GM when you do this sort of thing. Sit on top of an inn in duskwood and shoot lowbies? Get a PM from GM to stop. Camped flight path master in Tanaris for whole day? PM from a GM. It's literally how it works - people write a ticket about your activities, GM responds to it, it worked like that for whole WoW history (and i've been on both sides of this situations for numbers of times).
    Then you have to make a decision - proceed doing what you do and give your account future into hands of a GM, or stop doing that and nothing will happen besides your account being internally flagged or something.

So easy explanation of that ganking phenomenon could be that he didn't do that persistently and this whole situation was blown out of proportions
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Hey guys couple questions here I would like your opinions on.

1) Do you corpse camp after you kill someone? If so how many times do you do it for? Do you have a record? Please share your story!

2) Knowing that your fellow faction member corpse camps people and griefs the other faction hard, do you blacklist them? Do you frown upon corpse campers even if they are on your side?

3) Can I get in trouble or get banned for griefing the enemy faction too hard and corpse camping them?

My experience so far:
    I've never played on a PvP server so I decided to roll on one with Classic and I am absolutely LOVING IT!
    I wish I had rolled on one earlier in my WoW life. Im only lvl 37 but man is it a blast to just kill people on this game hahah. I've already made a few enemies on my server that I see every so often and a fight will ALWAYS break out. To be honest most of the time I corpse camp them because I hate them and want to see their character suffer.

Yes sometimes they get the best of me... I have been ganked many times but to be honest I don't really get angry, even if they are level 60 killing me in a town or something I will either run away or hit up /3 Local Defense. P.S. It feels AMAZING when you bring down a higher lvl and trash talk them in emotes.

Im a very nice person in real life but I do feel like im a really toxic person on this game and a little nervous if I could get banned for it.... Even though I NEVER ninja things.
    I will always help out my faction and other players. Im great at making friends but with Classic I know your reputation matters. I dont want to be blacklisted...
    Could corpse camping people make it hard for me to get into groups?
    literally writing this as I'm corpse camping Jeko and Scooma from APES, i don't have many particular individuals on my KOS list that i camp, but i have a few guilds. I play on EU-Gehennas, probably the most insane PVP server around, 7 days into the expansion Apes were already rolling up blowing guilds up as they went to MC, because they had engineering and sappers ready, and none of the horde guilds did.

overall I've really enjoyed it, but when APES fragile ego took over and they started deleting, and denying all the times they've been absolutely rinsed so now its just a corpse camp fest. Everytime u show up with more than them, they cry so much I'm scared of global flooding. yet they refuse to fight unless they have atleast one major advantage, most people have seen the clip of "Apes going to MC" when 200 horde tried to stop their 80 man raid... together with the 80 Salad Bakers they didn't bother showing, as well as Apes popping their light of Elune on some random shitty Clip, instead of saving this insanely unbalanced one time use quest item on a World boss in P2 or something.

later on Apes took over Brm and u had people like Hydra etc claiming they were rinsing 500 horde players. I may not have been there, but one of my friends was literally streaming it. it was 2 raids... 80 horde players, not 500. Apes were 80+ while they once again had their Fan Club Salad Bakers following them around like puppies.

you might have already been able to taste all the salt in this post, but i hate this fake shit, bragging about fictional events, and leaving out rather important information to make yourself look better is just pathetic, i was looking forward to playing against these people, I rolled here because of the competition, so you can imagine my disappointment, so basically i just have 4 entire guilds on my KOS list, and i will camp them till they spirit ress. it has never taken more than 5 deaths for the spirit ress to come in though.

generally i kill anyone who is 60 though, and all lowbies if they are killing mobs im grinding/mining my shit, has backfired qutie a few times with how blizzard messed up and added the BFA pvp system where low levels dont have a lower chance to hit high level players, leaving random level 50 locks and mages alive, only to be jumped by random Apes/Salad bakers guy, and the level 50's you left alive coming to their rescue so seriously considering just cleaning them all out in the future.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    I picked PvE server because of this.. i don't see why people enjoy being the target of this kind of abuse all day every day,
    Just don't be the target by not Rolling a warrior, and not being shit.

PvP realms are there for it - world PvP. Corpse camping and such is part of the package, so i don't see any problem with it. Annoying as hell? Sure.

I don't play on PvP servers for exactly this reason, i'm annoyed by it, so i opt out from it. I don't see any reason to change it or regulate it.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Stood in the Fire buddhapunch09's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tumile View Post
    literally writing this as I'm corpse camping Jeko and Scooma from APES, i don't have many particular individuals on my KOS list that i camp, but i have a few guilds. I play on EU-Gehennas, probably the most insane PVP server around, 7 days into the expansion Apes were already rolling up blowing guilds up as they went to MC, because they had engineering and sappers ready, and none of the horde guilds did.

overall I've really enjoyed it, but when APES fragile ego took over and they started deleting, and denying all the times they've been absolutely rinsed so now its just a corpse camp fest. Everytime u show up with more than them, they cry so much I'm scared of global flooding. yet they refuse to fight unless they have atleast one major advantage, most people have seen the clip of "Apes going to MC" when 200 horde tried to stop their 80 man raid... together with the 80 Salad Bakers they didn't bother showing, as well as Apes popping their light of Elune on some random shitty Clip, instead of saving this insanely unbalanced one time use quest item on a World boss in P2 or something.

later on Apes took over Brm and u had people like Hydra etc claiming they were rinsing 500 horde players. I may not have been there, but one of my friends was literally streaming it. it was 2 raids... 80 horde players, not 500. Apes were 80+ while they once again had their Fan Club Salad Bakers following them around like puppies.

you might have already been able to taste all the salt in this post, but i hate this fake shit, bragging about fictional events, and leaving out rather important information to make yourself look better is just pathetic, i was looking forward to playing against these people, I rolled here because of the competition, so you can imagine my disappointment, so basically i just have 4 entire guilds on my KOS list, and i will camp them till they spirit ress. it has never taken more than 5 deaths for the spirit ress to come in though.

generally i kill anyone who is 60 though, and all lowbies if they are killing mobs im grinding/mining my shit, has backfired qutie a few times with how blizzard messed up and added the BFA pvp system where low levels dont have a lower chance to hit high level players, leaving random level 50 locks and mages alive, only to be jumped by random Apes/Salad bakers guy, and the level 50's you left alive coming to their rescue so seriously considering just cleaning them all out in the future.

- - - Updated - - -

Just don't be the target by not Rolling a warrior, and not being shit.
    Lol i actually enjoyed reading this. Salt or not that sounds like fun! I WANT an enemy guild and drama like this.
    Experiencing those fights would get me so amped. I dont know much about Apes besides server first but if I played on their server I'd def try to camp them.That would be a fun ride imo. haha
    "You can't make the judgement of prostitution simply by observing an exchange of goods." - Quetzl

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    I once camped a guy for 16hrs in one sitting during vanilla over summer holidays. Many more hours if you count the 3 months I spent tracking him down with /who on an alt, finding him and killing him.

He either rerolled or quit in the end can't tell which but he stopped logging in that char.

I know he did something to really really piss me off but I can't even rember what it was.
    lol thats dedication right there. Maybe you costed Blizzard a sub!

reminds me of a rogue named Blackbetty during TBC... He would gank alliance players day in and day out, especially on Isle of Quel delar. Threads were made about him on the forums and alliance players would always ask in general chat for grps just for protection in numbers. But Blackbetty never gave in, he kept going!

I have probably been killed more by him than other horde members put together have killed me.

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    Of course someone does, I’m not knocking that fact. My point is, just sitting around all day killing and low levels and prevent them from playing the game is griefing - like it or not. It’s how people play being the issue, rather than pvp realms themselves.
    Check behind you before you backtrack anymore - they ground may have changed, you might even be in a different country.

You can claim it is "griefing" all you want. Blizzards definition is what matters in this context, and as per the link, they do BOT consider it griefing.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    lol thats dedication right there. Maybe you costed Blizzard a sub!

reminds me of a rogue named Blackbetty during TBC... He would gank alliance players day in and day out, especially on Isle of Quel delar. Threads were made about him on the forums and alliance players would always ask in general chat for grps just for protection in numbers. But Blackbetty never gave in, he kept going!

I have probably been killed more by him than other horde members put together have killed me.
    Woohoo Black Betty bambalamb!

Lol i actually enjoyed reading this. Salt or not that sounds like fun! I WANT an enemy guild and drama like this.
    Experiencing those fights would get me so amped. I dont know much about Apes besides server first but if I played on their server I'd def try to camp them.That would be a fun ride imo. haha
    so far it has been amazing, except for the public back lash, gotten a few clips linked to me of Tribe/Mn crying that Im apperently stream sniping whenever i run into them, just how self important are you when u have 500 viewers lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    Woohoo Black Betty bambalamb!
    haha I always thought that the rogue would play that song all the time while ganking us everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Check behind you before you backtrack anymore - they ground may have changed, you might even be in a different country.

You can claim it is "griefing" all you want. Blizzards definition is what matters in this context, and as per the link, they do BOT consider it griefing.
    Not backtracking at all sitting around ganking low levels all day is griefing, like that or don't. Missing my complete first point, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    People tend to show their true selves (or at the very least, a side of themselves that they wouldn't in person) in an environment of anonymity.

If you go out of your way to be a toxic dickhead in a game... yeah, it isn't coming from the game.
    Yup, this. As I've said before I've killed many, many more people than these "red is dead no matter what" kids in both wow and other pvp mmorpgs, and I just run by horde. Leave them be until phase 2. Why bother someone trying to quest or run to an instance. If I'm solo and a frost mage attacks me (warrior) I just get up and take a piss or grab a snack, don't even let it entertain him. I'll see you phase 2 with a holy paladin in tow.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    Yup, this. As I've said before I've killed many, many more people than these "red is dead no matter what" kids in both wow and other pvp mmorpgs, and I just run by horde. Leave them be until phase 2. Why bother someone trying to quest or run to an instance. If I'm solo and a frost mage attacks me (warrior) I just get up and take a piss or grab a snack, don't even let it entertain him. I'll see you phase 2 with a holy paladin in tow.
    Probably because pvp is fun. World pvp is fun. There are a lot of people who don't need rewards to pvp. I guess you need to be bribed to engage in pvp, and while that's your choice. I question whether it was a good idea to roll on a pvp server in the first place with that attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    Not backtracking at all sitting around ganking low levels all day is griefing, like that or don't. Missing my complete first point, but still.
    By YOUR definition, not blizzards. And in this context, it's blizzards definition that matters, not yours. You could choose to use any other word, and there wouldn't be an issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    Lol I have never seen someone get mad about a hypothetical situation, be honest; show us where the frost mage hurt you.

Quote Originally Posted by Deferionus View Post
    I used to be a hardcore world pvper and had friends who were too. We were pretty good at it, and would be able to win fights 3v10 for example. We outgeared and out skilled.

I was once leveling an alt in hellfire peninsula and a guy ganked me, and then ganked me again. So the only logical reaction was to camp him for 30 hours.

Keep in mind we were on a PvP server and had contacts on the other faction so we could track where people went. Using guild tags you could often even tell if they character switched to an alt. And because we worked as team, we would have someone waiting at the closest gy in case they took a res sickness. We even had rogue alts so we could gank people inside their capital cities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deferionus View Post
    Longest we ever had someone camped for was just over 70 hours. I was not there for the full time on that one though. Credit to that camping goes to my friend Bryan
    This kind of behavior is absolutely despicable, and the people who take part in it need to get a life.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    By YOUR definition, not blizzards. And in this context, it's blizzards definition that matters, not yours. You could choose to use any other word, and there wouldn't be an issue.
    Pretty sure corpse camping someone for hours at a time for no other reason than to prevent that person from doing anything and to make their play experience hell can easily be considered griefing, which is discussed in the code of conduct. Corpse camping on it's own is not considered griefing, but doing it for that long with the explicit intent as to disrupt that player's play session and enjoyment goes beyond corpse camping and gets into the harassment and griefing category. If the affected player's only real recourse to stop it from happening is to stop playing the game/ log out...I highly doubt Blizzard would encourage or allow behavior that leads to that.