Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    oh sure the right wing made some noise but nothing compared to the pure seething hatred the left had during the January 2019 Lincoln Memorial confrontation. For 3 days many high profile left wingers publicly declared their desire to harm those children. Kinda sad.
    *sips champagne*

Two things.

1) There's a world of difference between being a vocal climate change activist and a racist.
    2) Lemme know when "left wing hatred" actually results in any violence or deaths to things that aren't dumpsters or police cars, Felicia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    *sips champagne*

Two things.

1) There's a world of difference between being a vocal climate change activist and a racist.
    2) Lemme know when "left wing hatred" actually results in any violence or deaths to things that aren't dumpsters or police cars, Felicia.
    Just take the L, mate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Just take the L, mate.
    You can never really lose against concern trolling, so I shan't.

The fact is that we're fifteen pages into a thread where not one of Greta Thunberg's critics have actually addressed any of the things she has said, just how she's said it. Pardon if it's difficult to take the tone police seriously when they clutch their pearls.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

*sips champagne*

Two things.

Ahh look he still thinks the maga kids were racists..too bad for him there video evidence of them standing up to racism and bigotry...but it came from a minority group and we can't have that become the national narrative
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahh look he still thinks the maga kids were racists..
    I think that of most people that profess to be Republicans at this point in history, to be entirely honest. Either that or just deeply, deeply ignorant.

I think that of most people that profess to be Republicans at this point in history, to be entirely honest. Either that or just deeply, deeply ignorant.
    I'm well aware of your misconceptions towards folks on the right. We have been at this for a few years now didactic.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm well aware of your misconceptions towards folks on the right. We have been at this for a few years now didactic.
    Cool, then perhaps you'd care to actually address Miss Thunberg's arguments rather than getting your panties in a knot over her tone?

Ahh look he still thinks the maga kids were racists..too bad for him there video evidence of them standing up to racism and bigotry...but it came from a minority group and we can't have that become the national narrative
    If they supported Trump at that time and still do, then yes, they are fucking racists. This is well into the bullshit that Trump is pulling with his concentration camps. Same thing I will say to you, if you support him still, you are no different than he is.

Cool, then perhaps you'd care to actually address Miss Thunberg's arguments rather than getting your panties in a knot over her tone?
    lol you can go back and read my other commits in this thread didactic, i've said what i wanted about her. My opinion on climate change is it's real but those in politicas are not trying to save the world, it's a battle of what kind of energy the world uses. If you stop hydrocarbon use, those who refine hydrocarbons for use, and more importantly those they back, lose political power.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    If they supported Trump at that time and still do, then yes, they are fucking racists. This is well into the bullshit that Trump is pulling with his concentration camps. Same thing I will say to you, if you support him still, you are no different than he is.
    i disagree with your assessment of the character of folks you don't even know.

lol you can go back and read my other commits in this thread didactic, i've said what i wanted about her. My opinion on climate change is it's real but those in politicas are not trying to save the world, it's a battle of what kind of energy the world uses. If you stop hydrocarbon use, those who refine hydrocarbons for use, and more importantly those they back, lose political power.

- - - Updated - - -

i disagree with your assessment of the character of folks you don't even know.
    Nope, it is pretty much confirmed, I have never supported someone that has come out as racist, after it is fucking confirmed they are FUCKING RACIST. Which is why I have NEVER supported the fucking Orange piece of shit on the white house.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahh look he still thinks the maga kids were racists..too bad for him there video evidence of them standing up to racism and bigotry
    Nope, the entire reason they were even in that city was to promote bigotry.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Nope, the entire reason they were even in that city was to promote bigotry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Nope, it is pretty much confirmed, I have never supported someone that has come out as racist, after it is fucking confirmed they are FUCKING RACIST. Which is why I have NEVER supported the fucking Orange piece of shit on the white house.
    i'm not going to debate it here. you are welcome to go look at the video evidence in that thread. Or, as i assume you both will, stay ignorant to the events that transpired that day.

i'm not going to debate it here. you are welcome to go look at the video evidence in that thread. Or, as i assume you both will, stay ignorant to the events that transpired that day.
    Yeah, I already know what transpired there.

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Except there's no such thing as an expert when it comes to most of these complex systems
    Yeah, um, there actually are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    Arguments for what? I made my position very clear here; as I said already, I don't necessarily disagree with her activism and her points on the climate.

I'm talking about the delivery.
    Her delivery, namely the fact she chose to deliver her arguments with a sixteen year old mouth?

The lame, pissy, triggered ad hominem attacks on Greta are precisely what the titular douchebags are getting dragged for. Don't know why you find that hard to understand.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sygmar View Post
    Who is "we"?!
    Greta is a meme, and this is the general accepted consensus outside of a minority who supports her and who are all far-left.

She is a mentally ill sanctimonius brat who yells at adults, and doesn't know jackshit.
    We in this context refers to pretty much everyone outside the climate change deniers and flat earthers who are soiling their diapers over something as innocuous as a young girl being concerned about the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    No there is not, there's no such thing as a policy solution expert on a complex system like economics and the climate. One reason why we have this thing called "democracy" is because when it comes to complex systems no one person or small group of experts has the capacity to determine what is and is not a policy solution.

Give it time , she'll be forgotten just like David Hogg.

- - - Updated - - -

Her delivery, namely the fact she chose to deliver her arguments with a sixteen year old mouth?

The lame, pissy, triggered ad hominem attacks on Greta are precisely what the titular douchebags are getting dragged for. Don't know why you find that hard to understand.

- - - Updated - - -

We in this context refers to pretty much everyone outside the climate change deniers and flat earthers who are soiling their diapers over something as innocuous as a young girl being concerned about the future.
    Wow, and it took you 2 days to think up that comeback. LMAO.

No there is not, there's no such thing as a policy solution expert on a complex system like economics and the climate.
    This is probably the dumbest argument I've ever heard.

That's like saying that we shouldn't have laws against murder because there are experts on murder and experts on the law, but there aren't experts on murder AND the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Sygmar View Post
    Wow, and it took you 2 days to think up that comeback. LMAO.
    I have a life outside of you, you know!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

7+ Year Old Account
    This is probably the dumbest argument I've ever heard.

That's like saying that we shouldn't have laws against murder because there are experts on murder and experts on the law, but there aren't experts on murder AND the law.
    Actually you're proving my point for me. Experts shouldn't be those who determine the policy solution for that because there are no experts in that case as well. The people in the democracy should and they should elect the representative that will implement their values. Same goes for economic issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually you're proving my point for me. Experts shouldn't be those who determine the policy solution for that because there are no experts in that case as well. The people in the democracy should and they should elect the representative that will implement their values. Same goes for economic issues.
    This is just a willfully dishonest position to hold. It's a flat-out refusal to accept facts that you don't agree with.

There are experts in these fields. You refusing to understand that isn't an argument, it's an attempt to redefine your personal reality in the same way that anti-vaxxers and flat-earthers do. Who also claim the experts don't know what they're talking about, I'll note.