Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kyo wolfsfang View Post
    Yeah i wish they would do more for PVP then just add new arenas. yawn. they tried to make naz a pvp zone. But we need more then just that. PVE gets all of the love from the last few expacs.
    Well it's a PvE game, what do you expect? Why don't you go on a Street Figher forum and ask for more PvE features?

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    God forbid you have to earn something. Players have gotten so lazy.
    I have earned everything in the game that I wanted. This isn't about entitlement, it's about engaging gameplay. Your comment is out of context and frankly just one more person jumping on a bandwagon. Your comment has nothing to do with mine.

>complaining about content not being new
    >"going back to classic"

what?

I am returning every day, and 8.3 looks pretty awesome in terms of content. I can understand why those who doesn't like the gameplay so far do not return, since classes won't change before 9.0. For those who expected a revolutionary patch, dream on. 8.3 looks nice compared to other patches content, that's where the comparison should be. If you don't like this kind of new content, how on earth dare you say that classic is better in that regard?

Enjoy Dire Maul for the next months I guess. And phases are patches for you. So much for new great content.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkantosChampion View Post
    I will come back maybe for 2-3 months to check 8.3.
    To complain in 2-3 months about the "unreasonable" community expectations for XP/gearing at that point compared to your zero played character?

self fulfilling prophecy inc
    -

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    we're still in p1 lol.

but yea there is a progression ladder. you not only need to hit 60 (more challenging than leveling 10 max level characters in retail) but then need to progress through the dungeons for gear, and there's no skipping it.

then you need to do the next dungeons for attunements.

Then you can do the raids to get geared for the next raid tier. and then you have to do BWL to get geared for the next, etc etc...

you can't just hop in wow classic p5 and be given a free lvl 60 with catch up gear available in showers. You have to earn everything you get.

So yes, that "small chance of loot" is what it's about; if i wanted to get showered in epics, i'd play diablo
    grinding over and over same , easy, boring dungeon is NOT fun, also leveling isn't really challenging, it's timeconsuming and requires diffrent mindset, it's not about "how many quests i can do asap" and more about "how many mobs i can grind from here to there"

on the sidenote, i find it laughable how classic players are obsessed with color purple and it is how they define worth of gear, it just so happend that blizzard around wotlk decided that purple = max level gear, and that is literally it, noone in retail is getting amazing quality gear for easy content but classic playerbase thinks that is the case because they are stuck in the mindset that purple means powerfull and try to belitle people playing retail for it ...
    Last edited by brt2pp; 2019-10-09 at 03:10 PM.

Honestly though, majority of you all wont come back, but we all know you will still log in just to take a peek. Then make another post on here how you all arent liking it. Nothing new to see here.

10+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb

Hm...wasnt ragnaros and onyxia defeated in less than 1 week by some people not even at 60 and wearing green quest itens and what not? What is this ladder and hard thing the "classic pro players" are speaking of? Also sayng lvling in retail is a disaster but praise the awesome auto attack lvling style of classic? U wot m8?

OT: i cant wait for 8.3, already reserved my vulpy name and the raid seems gorgeous, plus new season of pvp and other stuff that im curious to do and see. Cant wait too if there is more comming in this patch
    Last edited by Pigglix; 2019-10-09 at 03:20 PM.

you said it without even realizing it... "People are sick of getting gear... in order for that gear to become meaningless in the nearest patch". It didn't use to be like this. It used to be gear was valid for the entire expac. Look at vanilla-tbc, you can get gear early on that serves you until the bitter end. There's legit "Best in slot" and no wf/tf to muck it up.

Somewhere along the way the game devolved from "play the expansion" to "Play the patch" and not only provided near insta catch up mechanics so people can skip most of expansion (lol, what a bad idea) but it also creates a diablo 3 season like feeling where every patch is just "season x" of wow and next season everyone will be equal again. WoW was not meant to be a seasonal game, and when they brought the diablo 3 team into wow it changed for the worse.
    Yes, but also no.

If gear was valid for the entire expansion (depending on how you define "valid" I guess), you could progress Naxx in MC gear. You could progress Sunwell in TK/SSC gear. You could progress ICC in Kara gear. And yet...None of those things happened. In order to progress to the next raid, you pretty much needed to gear yourself in the previous one. Kinda...exactly like it is now? In BfA that is, because I'm sure on Classic every single raid will get cleared on day one with the shittiest gear imaginable, raids there are LFRlike, so even average IQ apes could do it.

The only difference back then was that if you fell behind by staying away for a patch or two, you were either done with the expansion because of lack of catch ups, OR you needed to depend on friends/guild to boost you through previous content, which hardly anyone wanted to do. Or you found a shitty guild that was behind with progress I guess. Or, I suppose if your guild was good enough to carry your dead weight, you could potentially go to current content without being geared for it, but alas...attunements. Not to mention, if you wanted to reroll to another class, or play more than one character you were fucked as well.

but yea there is a progression ladder. you not only need to hit 60 (more challenging than leveling 10 max level characters in retail)
    You seem to confuse "challenging" with "time consuming". Sorry to tell you, but there's absolutely no challenge in grinding to 60, just as there's absolutely no challenge in grinding to 120. Just because one takes more time than the other, it doesn't pose a challenge.

Huh, just read the rest of your posts, and won't quote everything, but you literally contradict yourself in everything you say. You say how you need to grind through dungeons (right, people literally cleared MC sub60 in quest greens), and then every single raid to prepare for the next ones, and yet in your reply to me you say how gear lasts you for the entire Classic, contrary to BfA, where every "season" you need to regrind because gear becomes meaningless. Funs, tell us more please, always amusing to read Classic fanboiys circular logic, how they manage to praise Classic for the exact same things they blame BfA for
    Last edited by Dziubla; 2019-10-09 at 03:24 PM.
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by brt2pp View Post
    grinding over and over same , easy, boring dungeon is NOT fun, also leveling isn't really challenging, it's timeconsuming and requires diffrent mindset, it's not about "how many quests i can do asap" and more about "how many mobs i can grind from here to there"

on the sidenote, i find it laughable how classic players are obsessed with color purple and it is how they define worth of gear, it just so happend that blizzard around wotlk decided that purple = max level gear, and that is literally it, noone in retail is getting amazing quality gear for easy content but classic playerbase thinks that is the case because they are stuck in the mindset that purple means powerfull and try to belitle people playing retail for it ...
    it isn't the color "purple" like you think, it's the sheer ease of gearing that people hate.

It feels like i'm playing diablo 3: the wow expansion or vice versa and every time i log in i'm showered in epics for WQ, for M+, for lfr raids, for weekly rewards, etc. It just showers you in epics to the point where the gear is meaningless. Secondly, there are like 5+ different versions of every item ranging from lfr to Mythic titanforge and everything in between, and it's all seasonal. None of it will last past the season, and no one can name a single piece of gear/the stats on it from season to season. It is diablo the MMORPG.

THAT is why people prefer gearing in classic, because it is earned and each one means more to me than an entire season of Retail gear because it is likely going to last for a LONG time if not forever in some cases. And in a year from now, i can still log in and be powerful in BG's without it scaling me to the lowest common denominator of player. Imagine that. a game where effort and time put in = more power. That's how it's SUPPOSED to be in an MMORPG

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    Yes, but also no.

If gear was valid for the entire expansion (depending on how you define "valid" I guess), you could progress Naxx in MC gear. You could progress Sunwell in TK/SSC gear. You could progress ICC in Kara gear. And yet...None of those things happened. In order to progress to the next raid, you pretty much needed to gear yourself in the previous one. Kinda...exactly like it is now? In BfA that is, because I'm sure on Classic every single raid will get cleared on day one with the shittiest gear imaginable, raids there are LFRlike, so even average IQ apes could do it.

The only difference back then was that if you fell behind by staying away for a patch or two, you were either done with the expansion because of lack of catch ups, OR you needed to depend on friends/guild to boost you through previous content, which hardly anyone wanted to do. Or you found a shitty guild that was behind with progress I guess. Or, I suppose if your guild was good enough to carry your dead weight, you could potentially go to current content without being geared for it, but alas...attunements. Not to mention, if you wanted to reroll to another class, or play more than one character you were fucked as well.

You seem to confuse "challenging" with "time consuming". Sorry to tell you, but there's absolutely no challenge in grinding to 60, just as there's absolutely no challenge in grinding to 120. Just because one takes more time than the other, it doesn't pose a challenge.
    i'm a one character kinda guy so i'd rather have deep meaningful progression on ONE character than the ability to quickly keep up 10 every season, but it not mean a damn thing because it's all just diablo 3 gearing essentially. Quick, efficient, and absolutely devoid of any value past that current season.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaanm4n View Post
    I mean, I get it, I agree with you too, there isnt anything "new" per say, but as a WoW player, the new season alone is reason enough to come back. If the new raid / pvp season & now m+ seasons doesnt get you back to they game, you have outgrown it.

This is your game - World of Warcraft : Raiding / PvP / M+ . If you suddenly think you are going to login one day and you are placed high up in a zeplin then have to jump down in nothing but your underwear, you are looking to play another game, not this.
    <3 amen man

I actually just came back after not resubbing around shortly after the first raid of BFA launched and I honestly regret it. I wish I had just bought a month instead of two, if I was going to buy anything at all. (I wish I just hadn't).

If anything, I think I'm just over MMORPGs, or at least the WoW style MMORPG's. (but every problem I'm having seems evident in every MMORPG there is right now, I think) I feel like I wasted $30, while also feeling compelled to play it because I paid for it :/ I tried classic, too, and that was even worse, and definitely not at all what I wanted either. I don't even know what I wanted. I wish I had spent that $30 on a single player game or that one newer Civ 6 expansion I don't already have lol. I probably need to try and stop coming to this website. It's a habit, and reading about WoW jived my interest in resubbing, and that was a huge mistake. At the very least, I probably should have waited for 8.3.

7+ Year Old Account
    With the story and gameplay the way it is there is no way i would come back to WoW.

i'm a one character kinda guy so i'd rather have deep meaningful progression on ONE character than the ability to quickly keep up 10 every season, but it not mean a damn thing because it's all just diablo 3 gearing essentially. Quick, efficient, and absolutely devoid of any value past that current season.
    So...

we're still in p1 lol.

but yea there is a progression ladder. you not only need to hit 60 (more challenging than leveling 10 max level characters in retail) but then need to progress through the dungeons for gear, and there's no skipping it.

then you need to do the next dungeons for attunements.

Then you can do the raids to get geared for the next raid tier. and then you have to do BWL to get geared for the next, etc etc...
    In your own words, EXACTLY like classic? People who actually play the game, go the EXACT same route - they go through one raid to get ready for the next one. With the realease of next one, their current gear automatically becomes much less valuable. Exactly like Classic in your words.

Sure, there are catch ups in current WoW which are absent from Classic, and yet they only matter if you skip some patches. If you play without breaks, on both BfA and Classic, you go through exactly the same route. The only difference being, on Classic you don't even NEED to do it, because you can clear raids just as easy in greens as in purples. That challenge...
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    So...

In your own words, EXACTLY like classic? People who actually play the game, go the EXACT same route - they go through one raid to get ready for the next one. With the realease of next one, their current gear automatically becomes much less valuable. Exactly like Classic in your words.

Sure, there are catch ups in current WoW which are absent from Classic, and yet they only matter if you skip some patches. If you play without breaks, on both BfA and Classic, you go through exactly the same route. The only difference being, on Classic you don't even NEED to do it, because you can clear raids just as easy in greens as in purples. That challenge...
    you just mentioned it, the catchup mechanics. Every single player in classic who is geared, has climbed the ladder to get there. If they are in naxx next year, i will know roughly the journey it took to get there because we all did the same RPG like grind to get there.

In retail, it's like a diablo season where you just play the season you want, come back as you want and be instantly geared. It invalidates the entire expansions worth of content when you can just log in for 8.3 and the game is like "Yeah, forget 8.0-8.2, all that matters is this most recent patch. Those dailies, zones, raids? They don't exist so don't worry about it"

that's more diablo 3 than classic wow/EQ and that's a problem for a lot of us.

I understand how it fits the altoholics, and even though i'm not one i sympathize, i prefer the older ladder style of progression though.

that said, i do feel like the PERFECT version of WoW is somewhere in between and i hope Blizz is taking hard looks at what works in classic, and what works in retail and finds a way to marry them in some future expansion.

I skipped EP / 8.2 and will skip Nyalotha / 8.3
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    I find it interesting how so many people are impossible to please even short term with retail because of "same old same old" yet they somehow enjoy classic...
    I find interesting they can't grind stuff on retail but grind the sh** out in classic. but well. I'm just tired of this topic, and how people are so negative, i know blizzard has not been pleasing much but also so much negativity consumes forums. Because there has to be something to say, otherwise the forums if they had positivity, barely anyone would talk, just like "its all fine dont need to talk in here" . I mean we can all still discuss without complain,. I just have started to not comment much on this subjects. I know stuff ain't that good, but when i talk about what can be changed, it's like "uh dont know and this game is dying", not everyone does but some. Just those words makes you feel unmotivated.

I made this thread about class changes, and after that i just felt i couldn't please everyone if i was an employee, there was way too different opinions, so when i start imagining how blizzard actually feel when trying to make something that will please the public i just can see their struggles. They also said they fked up alot on this xpac, it's known by them and us. But still. Classic is a repetition of content and you grind x12000000 more than retail. Just feels more liberating when it comes to how to obtain stuff, i guess. Before Aucald or Moanalisa come here stopping me cause i'm bringing this subject i will just shut up now. *runs into hiding*

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    you just mentioned it, the catchup mechanics. Every single player in classic who is geared, has climbed the ladder to get there. If they are in naxx next year, i will know roughly the journey it took to get there because we all did the same RPG like grind to get there.

In retail, it's like a diablo season where you just play the season you want, come back as you want and be instantly geared. It invalidates the entire expansions worth of content when you can just log in for 8.3 and the game is like "Yeah, forget 8.0-8.2, all that matters is this most recent patch. Those dailies, zones, raids? They don't exist so don't worry about it"

that's more diablo 3 than classic wow/EQ and that's a problem for a lot of us.

I understand how it fits the altoholics, and even though i'm not one i sympathize, i prefer the older ladder style of progression though.

that said, i do feel like the PERFECT version of WoW is somewhere in between and i hope Blizz is taking hard looks at what works in classic, and what works in retail and finds a way to marry them in some future expansion.
    You got it right.

Retail is like playing a diablo 3 season. What you do in the current live version won't really matter how you tackle it in the next once 8.3 is live. Blizzard doesn't dare make that kind of RPG decision anymore. When they make a content patch now, they make sure everyone, whether they are a returning player from 1+ year absence, or a hardcore who has (for whatever godforsaken reason) spent their free time leveling up essences and their necklaces, they make sure EVERYONE is on a pretty equal footing. No, you don't "need" essences to progress, you don't "need" a certain necklace level. The content is designed so that as long as you are able to roll your forehead across the actionkeys, you will succeed.

People like to question this all the time, and yet they can't explain it away. Why does progress feel SO MUCH MORE TANGIBLE in WoW Classic compared to BFA? Because in Classic, you have to progress through content, easy or hard, it doesn't matter, in order to see the newest content. BFA is built around the idea that players are free to do easy or hard content if they wish, but when they return for the latest content update, they are treated as if they played easy content up until that point. Even if you barely touched BFA up until 8.2, you could easily clear Nazjatar.

Even if Classic is a very easy game mechanically, it has a sense of progression BFA has completely lost.
    I have a full time job and yes it does of course impact my possible level of commitment, but I genuinely feel like gaining a level on some sub-60 ish alt feels more like a proper step on the progression ladder compared to any guaranteed 20 minute "progression" step BFA tasks you with. I've had more fun on some level 32 (my horde "main") hunter alt than any character I've created since MoP.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2019-10-09 at 03:49 PM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was done with BfA long ago, I'm not planning to resub for 8.3, at this point I'd rather skip this expansion entirely. It's not like there aren't games to play besides WoW so it's not a big deal.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    I find interesting they can't grind stuff on retail but grind the sh** out in classic. but well. I'm just tired of this topic, and how people are so negative, i know blizzard has not been pleasing much but also so much negativity consumes forums. Because there has to be something to say, otherwise the forums if they had positivity, barely anyone would talk, just like "its all fine dont need to talk in here" . I mean we can all still discuss without complain,. I just have started to not comment much on this subjects. I know stuff ain't that good, but when i talk about what can be changed, it's like "uh dont know and this game is dying", not everyone does but some. Just those words makes you feel unmotivated.

I made this thread about class changes, and after that i just felt i couldn't please everyone if i was an employee, there was way too different opinions, so when i start imagining how blizzard actually feel when trying to make something that will please the public i just can see their struggles. They also said they fked up alot on this xpac, it's known by them and us. But still. Classic is a repetition of content and you grind x12000000 more than retail. Just feels more liberating when it comes to how to obtain stuff, i guess. Before Aucald or Moanalisa come here stopping me cause i'm bringing this subject i will just shut up now. *runs into hiding*
    You're are absolutely right. And this forum and explicitly this thread is by no means a representation of the wow community which is full of people who enjoy the game. This thread is full of frustrated people who would complain about anything. This is the very reason they come here and make these threads
    Now let's get out of here...
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...