Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    You know, this tariff thing is one of the things I don't agree with people really bashing Trump for. At least the Tariffs on China, the ones on Canada and Europe are fucking idiotic. I don't think the Tariffs were necessarily the right way to go, but they can work if we stick to our guns and knuckle down on this. Especially if we drop the tariffs on everybody else and show them a united front. I hate that China is going to be able to wait out the Trump administration (Might be a couple weeks at this point) so Elisabeth Warren can just axe them all day one. She shouldn't. She should double down on them.

Because a bad plan that is aggressively executed works like 95% of the time. The main reason the tariffs won't work is precisely because Trump never got either America or the rest of the world on board with them. But now that they are started, we should be playing to win. Trade wars are not simple and easy to win, but this one is well underway, and we shouldn't be planning to lose it.
    That is the main issue people take with it, if you really wanted to Tariff China it needed to be done while trying to get our allies to help and Tariff China as well. Instead of basically Tariffing everybody we trade with almost indiscriminately which ends up giving China more avenues to trade without us than they otherwise would have.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    You know, this tariff thing is one of the things I don't agree with people really bashing Trump for. At least the Tariffs on China, the ones on Canada and Europe are fucking idiotic. I don't think the Tariffs were necessarily the right way to go, but they can work if we stick to our guns and knuckle down on this. Especially if we drop the tariffs on everybody else and show them a united front. I hate that China is going to be able to wait out the Trump administration (Might be a couple weeks at this point) so Elisabeth Warren can just axe them all day one. She shouldn't. She should double down on them.

Because a bad plan that is aggressively executed works like 95% of the time. The main reason the tariffs won't work is precisely because Trump never got either America or the rest of the world on board with them. But now that they are started, we should be playing to win. Trade wars are not simple and easy to win, but this one is well underway, and we shouldn't be planning to lose it.

TPP was a good plan. The tariffs are a moronic plan that punishes the average American and do nothing to help. Doubling down it's doubling down on stupid. Trump came to a gun fight with a knife and picking up the knife is dumb too.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Trump Boasted That His Border Wall Was 'Virtually Impenetrable.' Then an 8-Year-Old Girl Climbed a Replica

This is too funny. No tools Ma! Don't even need a grappling hook. Best climbers can't climb the wall! More like his fat ass can't get over the wall.
    Last edited by Rasulis; 2019-10-10 at 04:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Trump Boasted That His Border Wall Was 'Virtually Impenetrable.' Then an 8-Year-Old Girl Climbed a Replica

This is too funny. No tools Ma! Don't even need a grappling hook. Best climbers can't climb the wall! More like his fat ass can't get over the wall.
    But, but, but ... he was going to electrify all 2000 miles of it, with a moat that had snakes and alligators in it, and spikes on the top capable of impaling humans!

10+ Year Old Account
    Headline alone is worth the price of admission.

US China trade talks may only last one day as tensions flare

Trade talks between the United States and China may have cooled before they even started.

Originally set for Thursday and Friday, the talks may only last one day, FOX Business has learned.

The delegation, led by Vice Premier Liu, will depart for China on Thursday at the conclusion of the talks. It is unclear why talks were shortened so close to the start.

However White House Deputy Press Secretary Judd Deere issued this statement: “We are not aware of a change in the Vice Premier’s travel plans at this time. “
    Not even FOX News is optimistic.

What is the chances the talks ended because Trump wasn't going to discuss anything but them investigating Biden?

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    What is the chances the talks ended because Trump wasn't going to discuss anything but them investigating Biden?
    Zero.

After all, he released funds to Ukraine without them starting investigation on Biden.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Zero.

After all, he released funds to Ukraine without them starting investigation on Biden.
    Whats the chances when you stop the shilling?

10+ Year Old Account
    Zero. China already publicly said they were staying out of it. This is far more likely about Trump
    1) recently blacklisting China tech firms that are being used in Hong Kong to track protestors for later beatings, and
    2) doing so much damage to the US economy already, he already knows the tanking GDP, the GM strike, farmers going bankrupt in record numbers and the largest tax increase in American history, he needs to at least pretend to continue talks. It's all his unilateral fault, and if he shrugs and walks away from this, he shrugs and walks away from 2020, and
    3) facing such pressure about abusing the power and breaking the law that even a FOX poll has him underwater, China knows full well they can wait him out. Behind every damaged US business are angry voters. Behind every damaged Chinese business is more Communist money, and
    4) being so poorly regarded in the world view that China walking away will raise China's popularity, and they can focus on the EU and South America, and
    5) even if the Biden thing was true, he'd have to hand China such a massive deal that he'd look like even more of a colossal failure of a dealmaker.

Trump couldn't extort Ukraine. Trump couldn't even extort Australia. There is no chance he could extort China.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Zero. China already publicly said they were staying out of it. This is far more likely about Trump
    1) recently blacklisting China tech firms that are being used in Hong Kong to track protestors for later beatings, and
    2) doing so much damage to the US economy already, he already knows the tanking GDP, the GM strike, farmers going bankrupt in record numbers and the largest tax increase in American history, he needs to at least pretend to continue talks. It's all his unilateral fault, and if he shrugs and walks away from this, he shrugs and walks away from 2020, and
    3) facing such pressure about abusing the power and breaking the law that even a FOX poll has him underwater, China knows full well they can wait him out. Behind every damaged US business are angry voters. Behind every damaged Chinese business is more Communist money, and
    4) being so poorly regarded in the world view that China walking away will raise China's popularity, and they can focus on the EU and South America, and
    5) even if the Biden thing was true, he'd have to hand China such a massive deal that he'd look like even more of a colossal failure of a dealmaker.

Trump couldn't extort Ukraine. Trump couldn't even extort Australia. There is no chance he could extort China.
    I'm not saying he could do it, I'm just saying he's an imbecile. He wasted time with that second North Korea meeting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Not even FOX News is optimistic.
    Literally minutes later.

China is planning tighter visa restrictions for U.S. nationals with ties to anti-China groups, people with knowledge of the proposed curbs said, following similar U.S. restrictions on Chinese nationals, as relations between the countries sour.

China’s Ministry of Public Security has for months been working on rules to limit the ability of anyone employed, or sponsored, by U.S. intelligence services and human rights groups to travel to China.

The proposed changes follow the introduction by the United States of tighter rules for visas for Chinese scholars in May.

New U.S. visa restrictions announced on Tuesday, on Chinese government and Communist Party officials the United States believes responsible for the detention or abuse of Muslim minorities, had bolstered the case for the new Chinese restrictions, one of the sources said.

“The plan has been widely discussed by senior police officers over recent months, but made more likely to be implemented after the Hong Kong protests and the U.S. visa ban on Chinese officials,” the source said.

“This is not something we want to do but we don’t seem to have any choice,” the source said.
    Yeah, these talks have a massive hurdle.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not saying he could do it
    Oh no, you didn't. I was adding that afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Zero.

The only reason he did that, was because Schiff found out and was starting House investigations into why they hadn't gotten the money.

Who would have thought that President Camacho would seem like a better option

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Who would have thought that President Camacho would seem like a better option
    President Camacho, most likely.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Yes, why fight a raging dumpster fire NOW when it will just burn itself out eventually and leave naught but scorched earth in its wake?
    Well, we know the Dems are trying to get him out of office before then. I was referring to the most likely way to remove him from office. Nov. 2020.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    President Camacho, most likely.
    President Camacho was a pretty good average-intelligence guy who just wanted to fix the problems with the country. What did he do when he didn't know how to fix it? He immediately found and brought in the smartest guy in the world to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Well, we know the Dems are trying to get him out of office before then. I was referring to the most likely way to remove him from office. Nov. 2020.
    Glad you admit that it's likely he's voted out.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    The fact this is a legit thing that he said blows my mind. People are happy to support this bumbling clusterfuck of a President and that blows my mind even more.
    He has a R next to his name that's all they care about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you ever met a more predictable man?

"Oh well, I'm President!"
    I see Trump is turning on the state media now. That is good. I wonder how his base is going to take that?

But yeah, "Oh well, I'm President!"
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    I see Trump is turning on the state media now. That is good. I wonder how his base is going to take that?

But yeah, "Oh well, I'm President!"
    You should see some of the comments. They now say Fox is evil and all full of democrats, that they want Trump News/TV, and how they need to find a place to get "real news" again.

- - - Updated - - -

Should probably go in the other thread, too, but I cba cross-posting lol

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/07lNoRF.png?1[/IG]
    That "I am watching closely" bit is hilarious; as if anyone would be threatened by Trump in any way. The only people that should be afraid of Trump watching them are underage girls in dressing rooms.