Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Changes I'd like to see next expansion.

Below are some of the changes I'd like to see next expansion. With the success of classic, I think some of these will appeal to both sides of the fence. Agree or disagree, and feel free to add your own suggestions, just keep it civil.

Flying available from launch.
    - Just make the requirement that you have to explore the whole area in full and do the main story line in each zone. This would make doing world quests and leveling alts far less painful. Its clear this is a huge demand from players, give it to us.

Remove the Artifact/HoA type gear system.
    - While I enjoyed the artifact weapon system at first, it quickly became redundant and a grind system without an end. The same goes for HoA. These systems encourage no-lifing. Return to the days where raiding/high-end pvp provided bis.

Return reforging.
    - That will help upgrades even without getting warforge/titanforge procs.

Bring back a simpler time in wow.
    - With N'zoth, the last of the old gods, defeated, the hero's of azeroth return home to find that old foes have been building their army's and are once again a threat to the people of azeroth. Drained of their power received from the heart of azeroth to defeat N'zoth, they are mere mortals again weary from years of battling not only N'zoth and his minion but also the legion before.

Take advantage of phasing tech more.
    - With both factions back on Kalimdor and The Earstern Kindoms, use phasing to make those zones scale up to max level. Make them original 1-119 And then from 120-125(new max level) actual zones, with the abilty to talk to chromie to visit the old world.

Bring back the old pvp gear system.
    - Allow players to acquire honor/conquest and purchase the bits they want. The ability to grind bgs for a weekend and get basic pvp gear is far and above optimal to the system we have now. At the start of each season, let players buy last seasons best sub 2200 conquest gear with honor, while maybe putting small time gates on weapons as an incentive to pvp each season.

Dungeons and raids.
    -Shortly after we return to Kalimdor/Eastern Kingdoms we find our cities under constant threat from the army's that have been building while we are gone. Major cities could be dungeons with each capitol, SW and Org, being the end raids for the first major content patch.
    - Use the same tech from BoD to change horde into alliance and alliance into horde when you are in the opposing factions city.

Just a few thoughts. Agree or disagree, add your own suggestions, just keep it civil.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

A new writing team.

Quote Originally Posted by allawyn View Post
    A new writing team.
    I can agree with that. I main Alliance, their side of the story is meh but not bad, but what they have done to Thrall is just sad. He went from the biggest badass to some whipped dog, and once you see that the writer is a huge femnazi and makes references to toxic masculinity about fictional characters, time for her to pack her bags.
    Last edited by Tumble; 2019-10-10 at 08:16 PM. Reason: Spelling

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

Less emphasis on world quests with their pitiful rep. Raise the damn rep to 250+ like dailies of old gave.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rep grinds being account wide or facilitating the acquisition of rep by providing different means of farming it, instead of centering it on WQs.

Or just have some of the rewards be account wide. If i play one character more than one, but it is my secondary character that is, say, a JC, then i should be able to buy the recipes on my main and mail them over.

15+ Year Old Account
    Bring back resilience. What's the point of BGs if I can just farm mythics for the best pvp gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Tumble View Post
    Below are some of the changes I'd like to see next expansion. With the success of classic, I think some of these will appeal to both sides of the fence. Agree or disagree, and feel free to add your own suggestions, just keep it civil.

- Just make the requirement that you have to explore the whole area in full and do the main story line in each zone. This would make doing world quests and leveling alts far less painful. Its clear this is a huge demand from players, give it to us.
    or make it like Warmode introduce a fly mode opt in with xp reduction .

Flying purchasable at mid-patch would suffice for me.

Here's the list I'd like to see:
    - Remove flying from the game
    - Level Squish to be lvl 50
    - Removal of an Titanforge and other RNG gear upgrades
    - No constant grind item, ie: HoA
    - Removal of stat scaling, make gear and lvls actually mean something again
    - Removal of the different raid tiers, set a regular mode and a hard mode. Different gear drops from each.
    - Realm consolidation and introduction of closed realms
    - Much longer time to lvl up, make this a journey again that takes at minimum 5 days /played
    - Removal of daily quest and daily rewards
    - Vast reduction in "instanced" content
    - World bosses which are hard to kill and require organized raid w/ very hard mechanics that also introduce RNG from the world and opposing factions
    - Ability to utilize all skills in pvp & pve, ie not having Cyclone only available in pvp
    - Removal of Warmode
    - Introduction of very long, tedious and harsh grinds that reward the player with and extremely epic item
    - Removing pvp stat scaling/squishing
    - Strip every player of their gold and non vanity item resources, force a full reset on the economy
    - Bring the economy back where players are forced to farm for items
    - Closed Realms

Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    - Removal of the different raid tiers, set a regular mode and a hard mode. Different gear drops from each.
    - Much longer time to lvl up, make this a journey again that takes at minimum 5 days /played
    - World bosses which are hard to kill and require organized raid w/ very hard mechanics that also introduce RNG from the world and opposing factions
    - Ability to utilize all skills in pvp & pve, ie not having Cyclone only available in pvp
    - Removal of Warmode
    - Introduction of very long, tedious and harsh grinds that reward the player with and extremely epic item
    - Strip every player of their gold and non vanity item resources, force a full reset on the economy
    - Closed Realms
    You want classic, which is all you talk about or support anyway, so just keep playing classic!

Level squish and more account wide grinds instead of character locked.

Some of these are great, especially account rep. As an altoholic, this is right up my alley. Just make any of the crafting recipes require max level to use and then put them into boa tomes.

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry

Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    The HoA/Artifact system isnt bad. Most people liked it on legion, its the bfa version thats not all that good. I think it could be improved and reimplemented in a better way for the next exp rather than not have something like it at all.

Reforging makes no sence. It just becomes a chore to either go to a website and run a thing to tell you how best to reforge. It sounds cool but its boring and pointless and just punishes those who dont want to min max as much.

I like the way flying is being habdled, what the op is asking is for the cataclysm design back and I pretty sure the internet agrees cata was bad.

Funny enough, I would like more large quest lines. They dont all need to be tied to a single grand story for the hole expansion but some separate story telling would be fun. Add stuff like that to smaller patches. Story driven quests

Professions need some serious love imo. Not going to post my own list here but I think we all agree they need to do something with them.

In the spirit of story telling questing. I would be fun if there were a large questline associated with our followers and bodyguards. There were missed oportunities on our garrisons, class halls and now our ship crew. Would have been nice to have a grand quest line that ends i a scenario where all those followers come to fight along with you.

- - - Updated - - -

So... classic?
    Nope, revatalizing retail and putting the game back on the mmorpg map.
    If blizzard doesn't do something drastic the ship will have officially sunk.

No titanforging

add back masterloot

no rng sockets/stats on gear

add tier sets

add class abilities

If you remove world quests and artifact power and make rep gains account wide, you are stripping out all the grindy parts of wow. They tried that already. That was called Warlords of Draenor. Everyone screamed their head off that there was absolutely nothing to do. It was the worst xpac ever. Why do you guys want WoD 2.0?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Flying purchasable at mid-patch would suffice for me.
    Every time you kill another player, you are granted 10 minutes of flying time.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumble View Post
    I agree with flying, but I want to see something done like FFXIV has done. Not the exact same, but with some variations.

Make it unlockable per zone for exploring the zones--not in terms of revealing the map, but rather in terms of finding specific items and doodads placed specifically for this system. Find all of them and unlock flying. If they make completing certain zone stories a requirement too, I am okay with that, but I don't necessarily agree with zone quest achievements. Usually the story for a zone is tied up in a single long term quest line, whereas the achievements include various side quest lines, and that wouldn't go well with what I'm suggesting here.

In short, make unlocking flying feel like an adventure while you are leveling, a goal to go for while you are playing, and be available immediately.

Pathfinder in and of itself isn't even entirely bad. I'd be okay with pathfinder if doing part 1 unlocked flying for the original zones on launch, then doing part 2 unlocked them for part 2 zones. Instead, it's timegated to make people appreciate running around on foot and getting dismounted by random mobs sneezing in your direction. That's just not fun to me, never will be. And furthermore, rep grind walls for the achievements are even shittier; it's a hell of a way to burn players out, and shit like BFA's pathfinder is probably a huge contributor as to why the population is dropping.

Encourage playing the game for fun, not grinding arbitrarily in hopes of retaining players... it doesn't work. People just give up and quit.

-Bring back MoP flying - including maxlevel no-fly zones
    -remove the camera distance restriction again. I don't want to play an ego-shooter
    -bring back reforging and primary stats on jewelery, plus more enchanting /jewelery slots
    -make primary stats primary again
    -bring back racial casting and combat animiations (it kills me inside to watch my nelf druid have a Worgen rezz animation)
    -ffs finish the new nelf models already
    -remove this silly unvoluntary after-casting animation - it's really painful to watch
    -remove all this Legendary/Artifact stuff, it bloats the game
    -tell one story at a time

Quote Originally Posted by gleepot View Post
    You want classic, which is all you talk about or support anyway, so just keep playing classic!
    Nope, I'd like to see the sinking ship of retail start sailing again.
    The game as potential it just needs to get back to the grassroots which made it an outstanding game.

Blizzard could do a full reset and run with the mentalities of TBC/WOTLK paired with all the new classes/races/dungeon-raid mechanics.
    Retail just has too many ez mode aspects that need to be stripped.

An MMORPG should take time and players be rewarded for that time being spent.
    Unfortunately the current retail design has been modeled off mobile games and it's killed the community, the game play and made the game way too casual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    - Removal of Warmode
    - Closed Realms
    Sorry...turning it into Classic wont save it

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    If you remove world quests and artifact power and make rep gains account wide, you are stripping out all the grindy parts of wow. They tried that already. That was called Warlords of Draenor. Everyone screamed their head off that there was absolutely nothing to do. It was the worst xpac ever. Why do you guys want WoD 2.0?

- - - Updated - - -

Every time you kill another player, you are granted 10 minutes of flying time.
    I don't want world quests removed, I've been exalted with all the factions besides the 2 "new" ones for ages, and I hated world quests before flying, but once I could fly all over the place I was able to do them again happily.

Related to above, they need to modify the reward system for world quests. Give us more of a choice of our reward. For instance, still put on offer the original bit of gear but add in a choice for something like a 20 stack of the main herb or ore that's farmed in that zone, with group quests giving the options for the rare herbs/ores. And with warmode on, give honor for each with x conquest after completing x amount of dailies.

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry