Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

[Spoilers] Undead Paladins a possibility in the next expansion?

So as we know, there's a high probability that allied races and Pandarens will be able to be Death Knights in the next expansion.

What if we will get even more race-class combos just like back in the Cataclysm expansion?

One example is an Undead Paladin - they can already be a Holy Priest and it looks like Calia Menethil will be a leader of the Forsaken in the near future - and she's a Lightouched Undead.

So I see some kind of connection here. Do you think Undead Paladins are possible? Would you like to see them?

Quote Originally Posted by Sorgesh View Post
    So I see some kind of connection here. Do you think Undead Paladins are possible? Would you like to see them?
    I would really like to see how their mounts look. Paladin on a deathcharger? Shut up and take my money!

Considering void elves will get to be death knights i see no problem with undead paladins
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Considering void elves will get to be death knights i see no problem with undead paladins
    What's wrong with void elf death knights, exactly? Void and undeath have interacted with each other since Warlords of Draenor and in BfA we see Magister Umbric performing some kind of void necromancy in the War Campaign.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by LorDC View Post
    I would really like to see how their mounts look. Paladin on a deathcharger? Shut up and take my money!
    light infused deathchargers, that would be DOPE

Blademaster
    5+ Year Old Account
    It was mentioned somewhere that priests wield light more as a tool, so Undead priests may channel it, although it hurts them quite a bit.
    Paladins have to devote themselves fully to the light, so it has to be even more harmful or even letal.
    However, it all goes to hell with that lightforged-undead-calia things.

10+ Year Old Account
    *undead paladin casts exorcism*

"Oh . . . "

*undead paladin explodes*

- - - Updated - - -

So as we know, there's a high probability that allied races and Pandarens will be able to be Death Knights in the next expansion.
    Makes zero sense. Where were there Pandaren anywhere near Arthas's scourge?

Even the Draenei are a bit of a stretch.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post

"Oh . . . "

- - - Updated - - -

They are probably revamping the DK starting experience. These will be Death Knights raised by Bolvar rather than Arthas.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post

"Oh . . . "

- - - Updated - - -

Its appear they are Bolvar's Death Knight, so Arthas doesn't have anything to do with them

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    They are probably revamping the DK starting experience. These will be Death Knights raised by Bolvar rather than Arthas.
    Or the Deathlord during the Legion war

Arthas didn't raise Gen 3s, if you hang around before you do anything you'll see instructor Razuvious and a necromancer walking around corpses. He'd point to one which would be raised as a DK. Their response on being raised would dictate their fate (Blood lust and hate they'd continue with undeath, anything else the'd be consumed by the shambling undead).

I'm guessing these DKs would more be raised by Darion through similar means of the Death Lord did for the 4 horsemen in Legion.

How will they handle the fact that death knights start at a higher level though? That gives them a massive advantage in the grind for the heritage armor.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Most likely we'll get Light Undead AR in 8.3.5 and these one will be able to be Paladins.

What if we will get even more race-class combos just like back in the Cataclysm expansion?

One example is an Undead Paladin - they can already be a Holy Priest and it looks like Calia Menethil will be a leader of the Forsaken in the near future - and she's a Lightouched Undead.

Not spoiler that is speculation. As for undead paladins already got Bartholomew(probably got the name wrong) in lights hope chapel. Anything is possible.

if the undead are like Calia then it could happened.
    if its the normal undead like the ones that are already playable then no.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

I would roll one to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra View Post
    How will they handle the fact that death knights start at a higher level though? That gives them a massive advantage in the grind for the heritage armor.
    i see two options:
    1. DKs not eligible for heritage armor
    2. DKs for allied races unlocked WITH the heritage armor

yes, both are stupid, but thats not gonna stop blizzard perhaps they can think of something worse

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    if the undead are like Calia then it could happened.
    if its the normal undead like the ones that are already playable then no.
    Actually is totally possible for normal undead to be paladins.

I would prefer troll paladins. Really any race should be paladins. Paladins are religious and would evangelize all races trying to convert them.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Not spoiler that is speculation. As for undead paladins already got Bartholomew(probably got the name wrong) in lights hope chapel. Anything is possible.
    not sure he is still a paladin, but there sure is Sir Zeliek who still uses light abilities so yeah, if they want to its doable
    tbh, i dont see any combination that couldnt be done if they wanted to