Page 36 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    You are indeed ignorant. Even so by asking people not to reply to you on a public forum... Funny.
    because you misuse my information and the message i want to say.

you can reply onto this without quoting me...

Quote Originally Posted by Terongor View Post
    And your point is? For Blizzard that openes on that rule is to prevent any kind political message as blizzard streams are wrong place for that as blizzard would be responsible. But so kkk hood would be okay in blizz stream in your oppinion.
    Man, you are really really bad at this. Sole discretion means they get to *choose*. There is absolutely no reason they would have to treat white supremacy the same way they treat this or anything else. It's all up to them, and they chose to silence this one individual.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

To be honest, a company shouldnt shy away from letting people voice their concerns. Right now people need companies who dont act like robots or well goblins.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder those who are quitting/removing and what not anything Blizzard, will also stop using Apple products since what they have done at the behest of the Chinese government..

https://9to5mac.com/2019/10/10/apple...ip-with-china/

Quote from the article..

Back in 2017, the Chinese government asked Apple to remove the New York Times app from the Chinese App Store; Apple complied.
    Later the same year, China insisted that Apple remove more than 400 VPN apps from the App Store; Apple did so.
    Again in 2017, the Chinese Ministry of Public Security asked Apple to remove Skype; the Cupertino company again did as requested.
    Yesterday, it removed access to the Quartz news app; and today we’ve learned that it has, with a second U-turn, banned a Hong Kong protest app.

Even more controversially, China introduced a new law in 2017 which required foreign companies to use Chinese companies to store user data. That meant Apple had to partner with a local company for the storage of iCloud data. Apple insists that data is encrypted and only it holds the keys, but there is understandable skepticism about this. And even if it’s true that Apple will require a court order before permitting Chinese law enforcement to access user data, that’s a mere formality in China.

Chinabots are out in full force in this thread

lol

Quote Originally Posted by MrDaemon View Post
    Global warming is not political issue.
    I didn't say it was, i just said it has nothing to do with harthstone so it shouldn't normaly be brought up. But if it did, i doubt he would have been punished for using an esport as a platform for something else.

The question is how blizzard defines "divisive social or political views". Blizz itself has made several subtle or not-so-subtle political statements in the past. At Blizzcon, they commented on GamerGate, they jabbed at Trump (without saying his name) and they used the Pride flag during Pride Month. I personally agreed with their statements, though some of these statements could be seen as "divisive social or political views" in the US or elsewhere. Especially stuff like LGBT rights are a matter of life and death in some countries in the world, so I'm pretty sure this should - sadly - count as "divisive".

So where would or should Blizzard draw the line? I'm inclined to say that human rights should never count as "divisive".

Also, would Blizz have taken action against, say, a russian player wearing a Rainbow Flag?

Quote Originally Posted by froschhure View Post
    because you misuse my information and the message i want to say.

you can reply onto this without quoting me...
    Blimey, you're easily triggered aren't you. Think it's past your bedtime kiddo.

This is so massively blown out of proportion that it is almost funny, not quite, but almost.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Man, you are really really bad at this. Sole discretion means they get to *choose*. There is absolutely no reason they would have to treat white supremacy the same way they treat this or anything else. It's all up to them, and they chose to silence this one individual.
    They have said before MANY times that current political happenings doesn't belong in their platform. They have banned people from with names like twogender for being TOO POLITICAL and this even more political.

They didn't want to participate in this conversation in anyway as its against long standing philosofy.

Ps: nice insulting me because of my dyslexia and going personal nearly immediatly. Do you push crippled people down their wheelchairs too when they don't agree with you?

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    I think Blizzard replied very well to this and it's logical, appropriate and reasonable. Great job. Show people that they can't do just whatever the fuck they want. This is democracy and they have to play under your rules.

They aren't. That is philosophy of a company.
    What is the difference between a philosophy and a politic?

Think globally - support for internationalism and globalism

Lead Resonsibly - support for hierarchical power structures, also the assumption that they deserve to lead

Every Voice Matters - support for free speech and open discourse (not really)

All political.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleu42 View Post
    "We are very angered and disappointed in what happened at the event last weekend and highly object to the expression of personal political beliefs, as always we will defend the pride and dignity of China."

Direct quote from Blizzard.

But don't worry guys his specific views had nothing to do with it.
    Not a direct qoute from blizzard. A direct qoute from netease.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    I wonder those who are quitting/removing and what not anything Blizzard, will also stop using Apple products since what they have done at the behest of the Chinese government..

https://9to5mac.com/2019/10/10/apple...ip-with-china/

Quote from the article..

Back in 2017, the Chinese government asked Apple to remove the New York Times app from the Chinese App Store; Apple complied.
    Later the same year, China insisted that Apple remove more than 400 VPN apps from the App Store; Apple did so.
    Again in 2017, the Chinese Ministry of Public Security asked Apple to remove Skype; the Cupertino company again did as requested.
    Yesterday, it removed access to the Quartz news app; and today we’ve learned that it has, with a second U-turn, banned a Hong Kong protest app.

Even more controversially, China introduced a new law in 2017 which required foreign companies to use Chinese companies to store user data. That meant Apple had to partner with a local company for the storage of iCloud data. Apple insists that data is encrypted and only it holds the keys, but there is understandable skepticism about this. And even if it’s true that Apple will require a court order before permitting Chinese law enforcement to access user data, that’s a mere formality in China.
    Probably not.

We all know Apple Fanboys would *NEVER* give up their overpriced crap
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

the college tournament people keep whiny about. Was it hosted by Blizzard?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    Apologize for what, upholding the rules? He can't talk about Hong Kong, the next American who wins can't talk about the Klan, The next German who wins can't talk about Nazis, etc. What good is having rules if you keep making exceptions?
    Can you clarify which part of the rule was broken?
    If you say "im not sure", thats exactly my point.
    The rule is open ended, literally anything can be done with that rule.

The rule:
    "Engaging in any act that, in Blizzard’s sole discretion, brings you into public disrepute, offends a portion or group of the public, or otherwise damages Blizzard image will result in removal from Grandmasters and reduction of the player’s prize total to $0 USD, in addition to other remedies which may be provided for under the Handbook and Blizzard’s Website Terms. "

So which was it? Offended a group of the public? Damaged Blizzard's image? Public disrepute?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    They didn't even have to get into the nitty gritty of the political climate they're dealing with. They just had to apologize, and they couldn't even do that. Absolutely shameful
    Apologize for what exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Apologize for what exactly?
    For deeming what he said as something, according to the rules, was:

-Offensive to the public
    -Damaged Blizzards image
    -Public disrepute

I fail to see it. But plz prove me wrong, as my english is not the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Can you clarify which part of the rule was broken?
    If you say "im not sure", thats exactly my point.
    The rule is open ended, literally anything can be done with that rule.

The rule:
    "Engaging in any act that, in Blizzard’s sole discretion, brings you into public disrepute, offends a portion or group of the public, or otherwise damages Blizzard image will result in removal from Grandmasters and reduction of the player’s prize total to $0 USD, in addition to other remedies which may be provided for under the Handbook and Blizzard’s Website Terms. "

So which was it? Offended a group of the public? Damaged Blizzard's image? Public disrepute?
    And the irony....'damaging blizzard's image'....Blizz really did way more damage to themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crummy View Post
    You seem triggered
    Only in a good way!
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    Yeah, how dare some people want to change the world?

They should rather just post edgy memes on the internet and share their nihilistic views... like you do.
    How does boycotting an american company effect China?

Boycotting blizzard does nothing but hurt the Chinese employees. Innocent. Hurt the Chinese blizzard players. Innocent. And hurts american economy, while actually benefiting China. If blizz games get banned there, Chinese people won't be paying america, instead they will just play the Chinese ripoffs. Paying their money back to the state.