Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Flying isnt option. Also majority of players are classic players. Retail audience at this moment is minority and so far it it looks retail playerbase will stay as minority since classic wow is not losing players at all and wont continue to do so for several months.
    I like the fact you said this before and didn't give a single source on it. Just stop talking out your ass man.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    This stupid argument hold its ground until classic got released and was proven to be completly false. People you talking about are not majority and most of them are completly fine with this on classic. Classic have much much larger playerbase than retail and becouse classic have finite content Blizz will have to change retail to appeal this audience becouse theu are THE true majority of this game. People what say both games can have their own audiences are completly delusional. Acti Blizz wont support retail wow for much smaller retail audience. Why would they? Its waste of money.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    Here's the list I'd like to see:
    - Remove flying from the game
    - Level Squish to be lvl 50
    - Removal of an Titanforge and other RNG gear upgrades
    - No constant grind item, ie: HoA
    - Removal of stat scaling, make gear and lvls actually mean something again
    - Removal of the different raid tiers, set a regular mode and a hard mode. Different gear drops from each.
    - Realm consolidation and introduction of closed realms
    - Much longer time to lvl up, make this a journey again that takes at minimum 5 days /played
    - Removal of daily quest and daily rewards
    - Vast reduction in "instanced" content
    - World bosses which are hard to kill and require organized raid w/ very hard mechanics that also introduce RNG from the world and opposing factions
    - Ability to utilize all skills in pvp & pve, ie not having Cyclone only available in pvp
    - Removal of Warmode
    - Introduction of very long, tedious and harsh grinds that reward the player with and extremely epic item
    - Removing pvp stat scaling/squishing
    - Strip every player of their gold and non vanity item resources, force a full reset on the economy
    - Bring the economy back where players are forced to farm for items
    - Closed Realms
    And kiss almost all of their player base good bye for a number of reasons...Seriously i hope your joking.

- Removal of the different raid tiers, set a regular mode and a hard mode. Different gear drops from each.
    - Much longer time to lvl up, make this a journey again that takes at minimum 5 days /played
    - World bosses which are hard to kill and require organized raid w/ very hard mechanics that also introduce RNG from the world and opposing factions
    - Ability to utilize all skills in pvp & pve, ie not having Cyclone only available in pvp
    - Removal of Warmode
    - Introduction of very long, tedious and harsh grinds that reward the player with and extremely epic item
    - Strip every player of their gold and non vanity item resources, force a full reset on the economy
    - Closed Realms
    You literally asked for the same thing to be removed and added to the game in your post.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tumble View Post
    Below are some of the changes I'd like to see next expansion. With the success of classic, I think some of these will appeal to both sides of the fence. Agree or disagree, and feel free to add your own suggestions, just keep it civil.

Flying available from launch.
    - Just make the requirement that you have to explore the whole area in full and do the main story line in each zone. This would make doing world quests and leveling alts far less painful. Its clear this is a huge demand from players, give it to us.

Remove the Artifact/HoA type gear system.
    - While I enjoyed the artifact weapon system at first, it quickly became redundant and a grind system without an end. The same goes for HoA. These systems encourage no-lifing. Return to the days where raiding/high-end pvp provided bis.

Return reforging.
    - That will help upgrades even without getting warforge/titanforge procs.

Bring back a simpler time in wow.
    - With N'zoth, the last of the old gods, defeated, the hero's of azeroth return home to find that old foes have been building their army's and are once again a threat to the people of azeroth. Drained of their power received from the heart of azeroth to defeat N'zoth, they are mere mortals again weary from years of battling not only N'zoth and his minion but also the legion before.

Take advantage of phasing tech more.
    - With both factions back on Kalimdor and The Earstern Kindoms, use phasing to make those zones scale up to max level. Make them original 1-119 And then from 120-125(new max level) actual zones, with the abilty to talk to chromie to visit the old world.

Bring back the old pvp gear system.
    - Allow players to acquire honor/conquest and purchase the bits they want. The ability to grind bgs for a weekend and get basic pvp gear is far and above optimal to the system we have now. At the start of each season, let players buy last seasons best sub 2200 conquest gear with honor, while maybe putting small time gates on weapons as an incentive to pvp each season.

Dungeons and raids.
    -Shortly after we return to Kalimdor/Eastern Kingdoms we find our cities under constant threat from the army's that have been building while we are gone. Major cities could be dungeons with each capitol, SW and Org, being the end raids for the first major content patch.
    - Use the same tech from BoD to change horde into alliance and alliance into horde when you are in the opposing factions city.

Just a few thoughts. Agree or disagree, add your own suggestions, just keep it civil.
    They should get rid of flying and phasing instead of promoting it.

*Pulls hood*
    - Everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    New writers

Flying from the getgo, no pathfinder

MoP style dailies/world quests where you do different themed quests for each faction

More alt friendly features. 100% extra rep at revered for all alts like in MoP for example. More account wide progression.

Factions split up. Either into three or four factions or every race being out for themselves. Allow cross ‘faction’ grouping but give each side different quests.

Player choice and consequence in questing. Let our choices affect the world, don’t shoehorn us into a set path. Even if the consequences are just an illusion, being able to make a statement about our character is a powerful roleplaying tool.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Remove Ion.
    Then Bob gets promoted. Everyone then blames Bob for everything wrong with WoW and forget Ion ever existed. Many, many people work on this game, replacing just Ion doesn't fix anything.

To all the people crying about flying. There is a very simple answer to that. It has been stated a million times, you have no arguement against it, so you keep bringing up the same sorry sentiment. If you hate flying....DON"T FLY.... it's very simple. You hate the fact that other people do fly and that what your crying about. Blizzard talked about no more flying, the saw how bad that would be and instead we got pathfinder. Flying isn't going to go away, but all the crying about no flying should....

Guild housing/halls as well as more content designed to be enjoyed as a guild is a big one. Would really appreciate more to do that isn't just our bracket of raiding. Things to work towards together would be amazing, and a good use of the garrison system imo. Just need to flesh it out more.

Change in gear, somethings gotta give with how its currently being designed. More class related abilities/utilities to play around with/ bring to a dungeon, pvp or raid encounter. Things in the design space of timewarp or shroud.

Flying to be incorporated into zones more. Huge fan of the stormpeaks, or the ogre area above shatt or the elemental plateau in BC. Places with significantly stronger mobs that might not be a significant challange for a mythic raider, but definitely a struggle for your average player. Should offer things that are a check on the gear or skill. Pathfinder is not great, but not as major of an issue as other things.

Slow down of gear catch up. Huuuuge one for me. Nothing seems to matter anymore as blizzard keeps putting in insanely easy ways to update your gear for each new "season" of content. Really undermines character development me. Catch up should for sure exist, but maybe not as aggressively as the current systems.

Lots of other things for sure, but those are my biggest, most realistic hopes for the future. Hopefully its not just more of the same.

Quote Originally Posted by gunnmen01 View Post
    To all the people crying about flying. There is a very simple answer to that. It has been stated a million times, you have no arguement against it, so you keep bringing up the same sorry sentiment. If you hate flying....DON"T FLY.... it's very simple. You hate the fact that other people do fly and that what your crying about. Blizzard talked about no more flying, the saw how bad that would be and instead we got pathfinder. Flying isn't going to go away, but all the crying about no flying should....
    Exactly. Hop on your ground mount and get dazed into oblivion for an eternity for all I care. But this whole I don't want it, it must be removed mentality is one of the main things wrong with people today. Flying isn't hurting any aspect of the game, removing it would. Not to mention the amount of money blizzard would be forced to return to players from store bought flying mounts over the past decade.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

Quote Originally Posted by Toby451 View Post
    Then Bob gets promoted. Everyone then blames Bob for everything wrong with WoW and forget Ion ever existed. Many, many people work on this game, replacing just Ion doesn't fix anything.
    Dont forget after a year or so, people will worship Ion and a certain website will post his ramblings on twitter as news.

On Topic: I want Blizzard to implement hardcore expansion. Where everything the minority has complain about (LFR, LFDis out and Raid or die, one difficulty is in.)
    Last edited by americandavey; 2019-10-14 at 09:12 PM.

- Removal of Warmode
    - Closed Realms
    Pretty much all of this except 2 thins. Closed realms, as I dont know what that means.. and Warmode removal. I completely understand wanting to have PVP servers and PVE servers. but when all of your friends refuse to play on PVP servers, you are forced to play with them on a PVE server warmode allows me to pvp while not leaving my server

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gunnmen01 View Post
    I dont fly. I didnt bother getting ti in legion and i didnt bother getting it in BFA. I personally hate flying. but for older expacs, I think they should just allow it without any pathfinder bullshit. The content of older expacs are usless to the current game anyway.

I agree 100% with the OP's points some extra points i would also like to see on top of the OP stuff.

Bring back master loot.
    players should be able to freely share the spoils of a fight as they wish without restriction.
    With this we also need less loot dropping overall no one its going to want to ml like 8+ items
    So remove a lot of those random side grade items there are to much gear with near identical stats with just minor changes.

Change the GCD changes made in BFA back to the way it was in legion
    Sure im used to it by now but it still feels like absolute shit.

Remove titan forging and other random rng gear upgrades for no reason
    The hardest content should reward the best gear period.
    IF there has some sort of gear " boost " option it should be something you can ONLY manually upgrade.
    LFR gear can be upgraded to base normal, normal to base hc and hc to base mythic with minor upgrades to the mythic gear.
    the upgrade currency should come from doing the content in the difficulty the item comes from so normal mode gear can only upgraded by normal mode currency.

That way people will eventually get something out of farm raiding even if you have the all the items you want but it also remove the absolute bullshit that is titan forging.
    Naturally that also means that the ilvl of the old gear needs to be capped there is no reason what so ever why you should be able to boost up a item from the first raid to equal ilvl of the last raid of the xpack that is just dumb

Bring back raid tier sets.
    They where way better then the crap we have now and mixing different tier bonuses you could to some fun things.

And instead of a never ending AP grind give us more TRULY optional things we can do and by truly is that it will only give cosmetic rewards mounts pets toys transmogs tabards etc the moment you give any sort of power gain no matter how small its not really optional anymore.

Specs fully reworked to bring back the rough edges. Let specs shine in certain situations, and struggle in others. For 90% of players it would be an improvement, will no doubt result in spec stacking at extremely high levels, but that happens over even a 1% variance anyway, so I don't see that changing.

Less focus on balancing and everything being average at everything. For this to work, either the content structure of m+ needs to change, or at very least the reward structure. Having 90% of the difficulty attached to the trash means cleave / aoe classes are always going to be top tier, and the st DPS is dead.

Linear progression with no wf/tf. It should be ok to be finishing off the last couple of bosses when a new raid released, and even to return months later. The seasonal style does not interest me, and I think does nothing good for the game. There are plenty of seasonal games for those who are interested in that, including Diablo and most games in that genre, but I honestly think it hurts the feeling of progression that existed in previous iterations of wow.

New design team for gear, or at least stop outsourcing it. Blizzard have amazing artists, and this expansion has had the worst looking gear sets since vanilla. Subjective obviously, but I strongly feel they are the worst gear sets ever, on par with bc dungeon set.

Less focus on instant gratification from dailies and similar systems, and more focus on slowely building your character up over the expansion.

Massive rework of the weekly system, always having 1 PvP weekly, one over weekly, and a bonus weekly such as per battles and micro holidays up each week. Time walking to be moved to its own roster, with one up at all times, however the weekly chest is still only available as part of the normal weekly roster (once per 6 weeks or whatever it is now).

When arenas were introduced, classes went through reworks to give everyone interupts and stuns, and utility in general was dished out like candy to all classes. With the introduction of M+, everyone gained shitloads of aoe and cleave. I don't dislike either system, bit my opinion is they have a lot to answer for in regards to all classes feeling like the jack of all trades, and master of none.

What I want, not what I expect to actually happen.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2019-10-15 at 12:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    FFS, remove flying or give it to us once we hit max level - account-wide. I don't know anyone who complained about having flying from the get go. It's only Blizz who seem to have a problem with it. Fuck this bullshit 1 year perma grind bullshit pathfinder thing - it's not a compromise, it's a shitty solution to a made up problem.
    This nonsense again. Of course you didn't complain because it was handed to you. No effort was made. Also, BLizzard had a problem with it. Just because you didn't think it was a problem doesn't men it wasn't none nor that it is a made up problem. Finally, it was a compromise because your only other option was no flying at all. Player entitlement and laziness is eroding this game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by americandavey View Post
    Dont forget after a year or so, people will worship Ion and a certain website will post his ramblings on twitter as news.

On Topic: I want Blizzard to implement hardcore expansion. Where everything the minority has complain about (LFR, LFDis out and Raid or die, one difficulty is in.)
    I have good news for you. Classic is out. Everything you want is there.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    This nonsense again. Of course you didn't complain because it was handed to you. No effort was made. Also, BLizzard had a problem with it. Just because you didn't think it was a problem doesn't men it wasn't none nor that it is a made up problem. Finally, it was a compromise because your only other option was no flying at all. Player entitlement and laziness is eroding this game.
    So entitled, such lazy. Not wanting to grind stupid reps for a year just so I can regain some shit I used to have for the last 10 years, what an entitled attitude, oh my. And so lazy, like, not even willing to put in the work of going through boring and mundane worldquests for months upon months just to be able to get flying back... to be able to do more worldquests. Because, clearly, just giving everyone flying from the get go would ruin the awesome world exploring experience.

If it's a problem for Blizzard and for Blizzard only than it's their fucking problem. And it's their fucking job to come up with a solution and not a fucking compromise that involves me losing something or me having to put in hours of playtime just to do fucking chores. It's a made up problem, fucking made up by Blizzard. Got absolutely nothing to do with laziness and entitlement - although I suppose not having to fucking do fucking chores in a fucking game to get back what I fucking had before makes me a fucking Wrath baby or some shit like that.

Northrend was perfectly fine the way it dealt with flying. Level on the ground, once you got to 78 get flying and explore the zones that were built 100% with flying in mind. But for some reason that's just not possible anymore. Nowadays we're back to everything being designed to be traversed on ground for some fucking obscure reason. Like, instead of embracing how Drustvar is pretty much one fucking giant mountain... nope, it's just one giant fucking mountain that just so happens to be traversable by foot. Can't wait to go back to Northrend only for my stupid ass retard mounts to have forgotten fucking Cold Weather Flying. Also looking forward to getting to the Dragon Isles because surely these isles will all just be flat lands... you know, the usual dragon places, maybe it'll have a single large mountain with perfectly flagstoned pathways to, again, traverse it by foot - something dragons would clearly need.

Fucking tilt-inducing how fucking entitled I am. Please make it so that in 9.0 you have to do worldquests to get your baseline rotational abilities with like 1 ability per 1 month's worth of worldquests - only true hardcore non-entitled classic gamers like you and Kungen would be able to stand that test of skill and determination.

I'd like to see quest change into systems that allow you to interact with the world. Like roleplaying systems to pursuit things that you want, like killing specific monsters. Participating in world activities like capturable points/winnable objectives and recieve points for it, points you could use to invest in a farm for people to recieve free food, businesses to recieve free gold, enchants etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    So entitled, such lazy. Not wanting to grind stupid reps for a year just so I can regain some shit I used to have for the last 10 years, what an entitled attitude, oh my. And so lazy, like, not even willing to put in the work of going through boring and mundane worldquests for months upon months just to be able to get flying back... to be able to do more worldquests. Because, clearly, just giving everyone flying from the get go would ruin the awesome world exploring experience.

If it's a problem for Blizzard and for Blizzard only than it's their fucking problem. And it's their fucking job to come up with a solution and not a fucking compromise that involves me losing something or me having to put in hours of playtime just to do fucking chores. It's a made up problem, fucking made up by Blizzard. Got absolutely nothing to do with laziness and entitlement - although I suppose not having to fucking do fucking chores in a fucking game to get back what I fucking had before makes me a fucking Wrath baby or some shit like that.

Northrend was perfectly fine the way it dealt with flying. Level on the ground, once you got to 78 get flying and explore the zones that were built 100% with flying in mind. But for some reason that's just not possible anymore. Nowadays we're back to everything being designed to be traversed on ground for some fucking obscure reason. Like, instead of embracing how Drustvar is pretty much one fucking giant mountain... nope, it's just one giant fucking mountain that just so happens to be traversable by foot. Can't wait to go back to Northrend only for my stupid ass retard mounts to have forgotten fucking Cold Weather Flying. Also looking forward to getting to the Dragon Isles because surely these isles will all just be flat lands... you know, the usual dragon places, maybe it'll have a single large mountain with perfectly flagstoned pathways to, again, traverse it by foot - something dragons would clearly need.

Fucking tilt-inducing how fucking entitled I am. Please make it so that in 9.0 you have to do worldquests to get your baseline rotational abilities with like 1 ability per 1 month's worth of worldquests - only true hardcore non-entitled classic gamers like you and Kungen would be able to stand that test of skill and determination.
    Thanks for proving my point. You are being lazy. Period.

ALso, it's their game, not yours. They can choose to do with it whatever they want. And they have made their choice. it is not Blizzard's problem you cannot handle playing the game without everything being handed to you.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tumble View Post
    I can agree with that. I main Alliance, their side of the story is meh but not bad, but what they have done to Thrall is just sad. He went from the biggest badass to some whipped dog, and once you see that the writer is a huge femnazi and makes references to toxic masculinity about fictional characters, time for her to pack her bags.
    If you’re talking about Golden I could not possibly agree with you more. I believe her to be one of the very worst “authors/writers” to have ever been published. I made the mistake of giving a couple of her Warcraft works a try and I swear that it was written at a second grade reading level. Horrible characterization, pathetic dialogue, mind-numbingly boring “action”. She ranks up there with the women that wrote Twilight and 50 Shades as the Terrifically Terrible Threesome.

I freely admit that I am stupid, but I am still reasonably sure that I could crap out a better story than Ms. Golden. In fact, just flushed one.

I'd like for the Hunter class to get a 4th spec option so that those of us who loved ranged Survival with Explosive Shot, Black Arrow and Serpent Sting(and a lot more) can get this playstyle and fantasy back without ''hurting''existing specs.

For specifics, check my Signature below.