Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    So it's stated in the books that Illidan was just playing with Arthas and got defeated because he got arrogant?

Also, since Illidan is a demon, unless he is killed in a fel infested place he would just come back to life no? Whereas LK/ DK arthas would stay dead after he was killed.
    Well nothing is confirmed but Arthas "See only darkness blabla" which is prob the shadow lands and we are heading there, no chance that he is perma dead.

And no way blizzard gonna let one if not the most lore favorit character stay dead. But who knows.

Lich King > Illidan >>>>> Grom.

Grom is totally outmatched. We already know how it goes when warriors fight magic users, which both the Lich King and Illidan are. When Grom killed Cenarius he had an army, and the two times he killed Mannoroth he wasn't alone either.

Why is Illidan's over-confidence and arrogance excuses for him losing? He's lucky Arthas didn't care to finish him off. The strongest doesn't always win the battle, because it takes more than raw power alone to win a fight. Illidan is indicative of that. If he toyed with his opponent, that's on him. Even if the argument could be made that in re-match, Illidan would win, Arthas' power grew exponentially after their duel, so that duel, which Arthas won, the power levels don't apply here. Here, it would be Lich King Arthas vs. Illidan, which I still believe LK Arthas takes it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lei Shen > Legion Illidan <(this could still go either way)> Lich King Arthas > Chaos Grom
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    Illidan>Fel Grom>LK
    People massively overestimate Arthas here because they have not read books and Chronicles (I'm so tired of arguing with people whose knowledge is based only on the game)
    As seen in the ''Arthas: Rise of the Lich King''
    Illidan was playing with Arthas, and as soon as he applied his magic, he nearly burned Arthas alive, he put Arthas on his knees and was preparing to finish him off, but he simply did not expect a blow from Arthas. Arthas was no stronger than Illidan. Illidan was simply self-confident. In the Chronicles, it is said that Ner'zhul gave almost all his strength to Arthas so that he defeated Illidan.
    2 + 2 = Illidan beat Arthas, who was already strengthened by Ner'Zhul and lost only because of his stupidity.
    Illidan will destroy the original naaru and cause massive destruction on an entire planet(Nathreza)
    Yeah but that’s weakened deathknight Arthas defeating Illidan, this poll says Lich King Arthas which makes him 1000x more powerful

Legion Illidan > Lei Shen > LK > Grom

You forgot how little effect magic can have on Illidan. You must realize his history as a super powerful mage, before becoming a Demon Hunter. Lei Shen could put up a fight, but Illidan really has more at his disposal and overall, more power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyforge1 View Post
    Yeah but that’s weakened deathknight Arthas defeating Illidan, this poll says Lich King Arthas which makes him 1000x more powerful
    Where do people get these numbers from I wonder.. 1000x more powerful in what? Strength? Necromancy?

Not saying the Helm of Domination didn't increase his power but a thousand fold? we're gonna need a source on that.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    Lich King > Illidan >>>>> Grom.

Grom is totally outmatched. We already know how it goes when warriors fight magic users, which both the Lich King and Illidan are. When Grom killed Cenarius he had an army, and the two times he killed Mannoroth he wasn't alone either.
    Gkrom killed Cenarius 1x1
    Like Mannoroth in Warcraft 3, Thrall did nothing important.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skyforge1 View Post
    Again. The Lich King completely restored his powers and gave up almost all of his powers that he(Lich King) had. This Arthas was not weakened. This Arthas was much stronger than ever before.

Again. The Lich King completely restored his powers and gave up almost all of his powers that he(Lich King) had. This Arthas was not weakened. This Arthas was much stronger than ever before.
    So you’re saying a a weakened deathknight who was empowered by the lich king was able to defeat Illidan, but the lich king himself would not be able too? Wat

Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    So it's stated in the books that Illidan was just playing with Arthas and got defeated because he got arrogant?

Also, since Illidan is a demon, unless he is killed in a fel infested place he would just come back to life no? Whereas LK/ DK arthas would stay dead after he was killed.
    I think 7.3 retconned demon regeneration. Without Argus demons can't regenerate?

7+ Year Old Account
    this is not rly a fair fight

a fair fight would be theey in WC3 era, and i would give Grom>Arthas>Illidan

According to Chronicles the 2 were evenly matched. While it should be assumed that they both gained more power, Arthas pushing out Nerzhul to become the Lich King, and Illidan having his Outland shenanigans. I'd continue to say they are evenly matched. Really it would depend on where the fight was held that would determine who would ultimately win. LK is stronger near his throne and Illidan would gain a boost around fel.

Magic wise I think it would be a bit of a wash, the LK armor is made of saronite which is resistant to pretty much all magic and I swear the area with saronite was chosen specifically by Nerzhul because it was fel resistant as well (I might be wrong here, I'm having trouble finding sources).
    Lk vs Illidan wise, it's still a wash. While Illidan as a magic user knows shit about death magic, Demons do know of it because of the Nathrezim.

I don't really know why Grom would be here, his main feats are against pitlords and killing them is kind of Illidans schtick.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Chaos Grom ez diff. He is simply stronger. One hit and Arthas bones would be crushed. Same with Illidan but illidan at least has agility. Though, according to lore, Grom also was very smooth and agile orc. So it would compensate.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    I think 7.3 retconned demon regeneration. Without Argus demons can't regenerate?
    Mardum... Just Mardum...

Why? What is the point of adding him here if we already know that he is stronger than Arthas?
    Illidan vs Lei Shen ?

Gkrom killed Cenarius 1x1
    Not sure where you're getting this from, but i wouldn't mind being enlightened.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    I don't really know why Grom would be here, his main feats are against pitlords and killing them is kind of Illidans schtick.
    he did kill Cenarius 1v1

thats a respectable feat

IF Illidan can get his head out of his ass and not show off? he might stand a chance... though his 1v1 with arthas WAS when Arthas was at his weakest, almost dead, drained of power and on a timer before he was done anyways.... So something more like what we saw when Arthas was bringing the scourge to wipe out the world? I'm not sure Illidan would be able to do much beyond dance around and hurl insults.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    IF Illidan can get his head out of his ass and not show off? he might stand a chance... though his 1v1 with arthas WAS when Arthas was at his weakest, almost dead, drained of power and on a timer before he was done anyways.... So something more like what we saw when Arthas was bringing the scourge to wipe out the world? I'm not sure Illidan would be able to do much beyond dance around and hurl insults.
    Technically Arthas himself was defeated, but frostmourne acted by itself although you could argue that is just part of the Lich King's abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    Not sure where you're getting this from, but i wouldn't mind being enlightened.
    Chronicle 3

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    You could read the previous answers and find out that Arthas at that moment was not at his weakest, he was much stronger than usual and Illidan still easily defeated him