Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    So it's people at gold cap buying out all the stuff you want?
    Meaning nothing has changed.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    Is it because people are trying to buy the dino/AH mount?
    People don't want to spend much gold?
    People need to remove gold on BMAH because of mounts?

Why can't we have as well something like blood of sargueras too from Legion? Reagents fish and all.
    Honestly feels like everything is so pointless in bfa, even making gold, herbs now are cheap. Fish are cheap. Gear no one cares, mogs no one cares, professions are boring as damn hell. Everything feels awful. And Economy is even worse than before, i used to make around 100k each day at Legion, and at bfa i barely can do 7k-10k in a day. It's preposterous.

Honestly it isn't just me with this problem and i'm getting quite tired of the economy also. Even more at my server, it's full pop and has so much people to buy stuff but no one buys anything and just puts more and more on the AH making the price go lower than ever. Only gold i see people getting is from boosting others. Not even flipping the AH serves for anything, cause as i said, no one wants to buy, so can't play AH either.

(FOR EXAMPLE TOO, i was going for sha of anger mount on BMAH, 2M on my server, a guy booster just comes with his gold bank and puts it to damn gold cap, you can't LITERALLY compete with that. It's really unfair. Someone don't have time or patience to boost and gets wrecked. It's pointless.)
    This is pure insanity, I have around 150K gold total across all my toons, and most of that was made back in CATA farming trash epics in FL. I have no idea how you even make 2K a day in WOW professions are pointless and in general there just seems to be very few people actually playing BFA.

10+ Year Old Account
    My thing used to be old world mats, but now the markets are flooded

200x ghost iron bars for 1999g? Get the hell out of here. Used to sell that at 6 or 7k

Same goes for mithril and thorium. There's literally always the same 2 posters putting up stacks of 10 at a lower price, undercutting my stacks of 20. Used to sell 20x mithril at 600-700 and people were gobbling it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Samin View Post
    But then, when OP talks about the Great Sea Ray for 30K, I chuckle because I haven't seen it below 90K since I came back for 8.2 (over 100K last I checked) - so I guess the economy I'm dealing with is slightly different anyway.
    Did I mention how price hiking only works on medium and low pops? Welcome to my high pop server:

What are you gonna do, buy him out and flip at 90k? What if he has more stockpiled?

I can tell you, I was trying to make money from selling pets - the expensive ones simply don't sell. You see them on AH 30-50k a piece but that income just never arrives. Bulk of my sales are sub 200g pets, because these people can afford. And I only dabble with this market because it's the only one that isn't ruined with punitive listing fees. Transmog? GL. You'll sell a piece after 6 months, by then it has eaten its profit in relist fees.

Sky golems are routinely dipping below 40k and you can make 1 per month per character, assuming also you have an army of alchemists to provide living steels. Btw monthly sub costs 220k in EU. Passing the self-sufficiency barrier is already a decently high step for any aspiring gold maker.

And yeah I do realize the price of token and therefore inflation had to be put under control so gold buyers don't feel threatened their token purchase is fluctuating in value too much, nobody cares for the gold makers they only exist to fit into the other end of the pipe to provide gold to the buyers.

The reason why gold has to come from players instead of being "printed" by Blizzard for sale purposes is that printing gold is surefire way to even more inflation than we witnessed in Legion where players actually had to put minimal effort to produce that gold.

The difference is in legion I made so much money I prepaid my account in gold until 2020, because I thought no way I'll ever consider quitting / unsubbing after 13 years of being loyal to this game, and bfa managed to make me question all that.

Yes, "gold grew on trees" in legion but that boosted economy, people were buying tons of vanity / semi-useless stuff just because they could, and they didn't have to count every penny because they knew they'll just make it back eventually. People were making money from reselling vendor mats like butter, because if players had gold, they found it easier to just buy it off AH than find their way to a vendor.

Also inflation ensured that sitting on gold from previous expansions isn't much of a benefit, as it quickly lost value over time. You knew that you can "catch up", buy gold sink items from previous expansions like wotlk mammoth because they're no longer prohibitive in price, while in BFA if you skipped WOD and especially Legion you can definitely feel you've "missed out" on gold.

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    I have no idea how you even make 2K a day in WOW
    You camp until the 2k gold emissary pops then run all your alts through it.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2019-10-15 at 04:26 PM.

triple whammy:

- a huge drop off in players: the market has shrunk
    - BFA has homogenized stats, gives gear away for alternative currencies (e.g. Benthic gear), and boosted drop rates of rare spawns (e.g. anchor weed)
    - there's not much worth buying for gold being stockpiled

essentially BFA is an economy of stagflation.

the biggest demand right now for gold is WoW Tokens for people to play Classic.

Guilds are crumbling on my server. In fact, I'm guildness now since mine transferred off. There's a single major raid guild left and they have their own mats and things so there isn't anyone to sell anything to.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Fewer players means fewer consumers. Right now the gold farmers are killing most markets if blizz banned multiboxing you would see a sharp increase in the cost of goods but it will never happen.

I still raked in millions in the herb market blizz adding new recipes mid expansion helped a lot with that.
    Multiboxers are a big problem on my server group, bfa herbs for example dropped to 1/5 of normal value in a week or two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    You can thank the near unlimited amount of gold that got dumped into the economy through the garrisons, in WoD\Legion.

No amount of money sinks will ever fix it, so, just make the most out of it.

Personally, despite not liking how it is right now, at least i got wow (and every other blizzard\bnet product) paid for, for like... ever?
    Yeah the garrison alone paid for 3 blizzcon virtual tickets, most of the things in the shop, Overwatch, Diablo, Destiny 2 plus annual pass and several years of game time. I am both glad it's gone and miss it.

As to the topic at hand, most professions are shells of what they were. Raid and mythic + participation is way down too. So various consumables aren't worth as much or people make them on their own. Making materials for the new feast bop doesn't help much either.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Honestly feels like everything is so pointless
    Your feelings are your own problem and responsibility.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

In WoD and Legion, everyone was making so much gold passively that everyone had a shit ton of gold, gold lost all it's value and everything was selling at hyper-inflated prices. In BFA, there are a lot fewer sources of gold. People can't afford to buy mats and consumables at Legion prices, so naturally the AH prices have gone down.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    Raid and mythic + participation is way down too.
    Mythic raids in BFA have significantly higher participation than Legion. BFA is a more successful expansion.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most people nowadays rather boost/sell runs than play the AH. I'm not saying that has killed the economy, but it is certainly a huge factor that has gotten worse during the life of BFA.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

I have been trying to be creative and sell loads of stuff even from past expansions i just cant seem to make anyone buy it, even battle pets that are used for current content at max level, so much stuff, and still it's hard to get anything. Even now alani mount is cheap. Great sea ray even doesn't do much, cause i spend time hours, farming that for simple 30k. And mounts as well from bfa like Nazmir one, always asking for taggers and druids. I'm most of the time not playing those. That's another thing, every farm that requires to kill alot mobs to get something, it's just "druids only", everything feels so awkward, the farming today is a joke compared to legion.

I feel like stuff from bfa is the least to give me gold, and old ones people buy but its really rare. Herbs that is what i made my living with in game, basically has been reduced too, a stack of x200 siren's pollen has been reduced to less than 1k. It was around 600+ gold. I just feel super unmotivated. And honestly i don't like boosting, and my server has already loads of community boosters.

- - - Updated - - -

Ye but that should be stopped, it is something that makes you get gold out of the game conditions. I mean, nothing against boosting, but when it comes to make gold normally, like AH, it's useless, and i also work way too much to give my time to boosting people. SHOULDN'T be necessary!
    People who don't play WoW might not know, but you no longer have to level up all the old-world versions of your profession to advance at endgame. This makes old-world profession materials essentially worthless, as it should be.

Economy bad? People are clueless sheeps and have no clue what are they talking about.

Bad economy was in Legion & WoD. Where gold had lower value than those few pixels it was written on screen.

It's not yet perfect as professions are useless but nowhere near as bad as when you got gold for free.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, while nowhere near the WoD/legion garrison scale, if you have more than one character, you can easily make money via the emissary 2k gold quests.

Ye, everything is worthless. :/ but i can't explain, why we have actually socket pieces but gems are so cheap? I don't truly get that.
    One problem with that is they didn't set a proper vendor price for a lot of things. Lots of stuff, like leather, have a literal 1 copper each vend price. There's no cushion to keep prices from completely collapsing. Gems have one, like a 3g 50s vend price, to keep things from totally collapsing. As for the gems, only some of them are valuable. Only the ones that turn into "good" secondaries will be valuable. No one is going to buy a gem that only cuts into versatility, for instance. Also the ones that are needed to craft the upgradeable jewelcrafting rings. The rest are much less.

In my personal case, I didn't exploit wod/legion for money and bfa simply does give nowhere near enough to keep up with the ludicrous prices of things right now, so I had to go full self-sufficient - that was until I couldn't give a shit about mythic raiding anymore and my current guild is casual enough that I don't have to care about that shit anymore.

Even high level gear, personal loots, don't need it, too bad, can't trade it. Well i want to trade stuff with people, we even have a trade chat for that purpose. Trade chat should be now called "boosting chat"
    Nothing quite says you have no idea what you're talking about like simultaneously complaining about boosting while also falsely claiming gear cannot be traded.

They're just boosting air, man.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    Mythic raids in BFA have significantly higher participation than Legion. BFA is a more successful expansion.
    Way less people are raiding mythic than in Legion it isn't even close. It certainly doesn't help that BfA had a raid that many just opted out of doing in mythic even if their raid was a CE raid. You also have raids like Uldir and EP that raids get CE and stop even trying to get repeat kills on the final boss because it isn't worth the hassle. Just looking at my server only 2 guilds with any mythic Jill's are still even bothering with mythic. Every guild in the top 20 has quit raiding. Be it Ashvane, ZQ or Azsharra that killed the raids groups are falling off left and right. Classic did a little help turning that knife too. As people stop worrying about progression they stop chugging 1500 gold potions a few dozen times a night.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I’m sure others have talked about it, but there does seem to be a big economy problem with WoW at the moment. I suspect players are suffering from fatigue from farming AP on their mains and thus have no interest in alts. Or, if they do are currently playing classic alts.

I have also noticed as you have that professions are now utterly pointless. I tried for two hours last Saturday to get a TBC enchant on my realm for my 19 twink offering thousands of gold as a fee but got nowhere with it. I couldn’t find runecloth on the AH to level professions.

There are so many complexities within BfA and it’s economy that I would not be surprised if there are more active players in Classic currently than BfA.