Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    i enjoyed my little farm house on pandaria, then the garrison appeared and it was "amazing" it had so much potential.... until i realise that i couldnt change its appearance and i got stuck with a fricking mini Orgrimmar style... ug. I just wanted some Troll buildings... just that. And the fact you stayed all day in the garrison... made me sick.

This is the reason am rolling vulpera more than ever now.... for that little Camp.

I hate the idea of player housing and always have.

MMORPG's should encourage players to be in the world (except for instanced content like dungeons/raids).

Players shouldn't be fragmented into private layers like houses. That's what cities like Stormwind and Orgrimmar are for.

I want to see a 100 players in Orgrimmar, not 99 players hidden away in their individual houses and only 1 player there.

Idle time should be spent in social spaces. My opinion. To each their own. No player housing, please.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    Yes, a house would definitely count as a "meaningful" content. Wildstar tried it, Runes of Magic tried it, and a lot of other games that I did not play, and it was utter crap, everywhere. I have absolutely no idea why people are so obsessed with it that they keep bringing it up every single week.
    "I personally didn't like XYZ feature in a game so therefore it's shit and not worth doing for other players" Basically what your post boils down to. By the way, housing is a highly praised feature in all of those games. Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean that others opinions aren't valid. Get over yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodraw View Post
    I hate the idea of player housing and always have.

MMORPG's should encourage players to be in the world (except for instanced content like dungeons/raids).

Players shouldn't be fragmented into private layers like houses. That's what cities like Stormwind and Orgrimmar are for.

Idle time should be spent in social spaces. My opinion. To each their own. No player housing, please.
    If anything I would say Guild housing should be a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    How's it BS? Same thing happened in WoD, everyone sat in their garrison, cities were mostly empty. Hell even Legion sort of had the issue with class halls.
    Oooooooohhhhh.... so anecdotal evidence based on your limited experiences. Ok.

No we don't need it. THe game is just fine with out it. Design content for the open world, not waste it so you can play house. SIms --> for you to go play house.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    Oooooooohhhhh.... so anecdotal evidence based on your limited experiences. Ok.
    That wasn't anecdotal. Blizzard outright mentioned that as a problem. ANd it was far from him that were saying it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    "I personally didn't like XYZ feature in a game so therefore it's shit and not worth doing for other players" Basically what your post boils down to. By the way, housing is a highly praised feature in all of those games. Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean that others opinions aren't valid. Get over yourself.
    THat goes the other way too. just because you have an opinion doesn't mean his opinion isn't valaid either. Get over yourself.

Just steal the same system from ESO and have player housing and guild halls as the same thing.

Housing in ESO is great by the way, and no people don't sit in them all the time. They're just a show-off thing with crafting stations.

Literally just copy and paste it into WoW, which is what Blizzard are good at doing anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    What is the point of having vanity items in general, nobody really cares about your 423rd mount nor about your 1507th pet nor about the CM MOP set you're wearing, the Undying title you're sporting or your CM WoD weapon you use. And I say this because that's stuff I sport. Nobody notices that I actually use only 3 pieces of the CM set and have fingerless gloves, flared plate pants from a raid and a golden chest with straps over Precious' ribbon. And if you really want to go out of your way with this, I haven't changed my xmog since WoD so it's kinda a "forgotten feature" for me. I' only gonna change it when they add something new I really want (like perma crown flowers).
    So what is the point of pets and mounts and titles and xmog? Of vanity in general?

I've been playing WoW for over a decade with the same main. Having a place for him? Feeling like he is an actual character with a home not some rando who sleeps on the ground where he logs off. Customizing it? showing off stuff? I xmog for myself. I collect for myself. And don't go all "MMO" on me, I play everything - I raid, I do M+, I do pvp (even RBGs which nobody seems to do). Having stuff for myself does NOT deter from the MMO experience, it offers something to do when I would otherwise log off. MMOs are a combination of group content and solo stuff - keeping you busy.

So even from this point of you - keeping you busy is the point. You do a raid or two. You do 2-10 M+. You do a couple BGs. You do some arenas. And then? Then you do some other stuff. You quest, you do pet battles and pet dungeons, you run old raids for xmog - solo shit that keeps you playing.
    But I am out in the open world doing it. I am not sitting in an instanced hole playing interior decorator. As I have always said this is WARcraft not PLAYHOUSEcraft.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dark One View Post
    I would like to see player housing personally, it could add an extra layer of fun for solo play.

I don't believe it would 'make hubs empty' like people fear. FFXIV has player housing/guild and hubs are still booming.
    Probably because FF 14 has about 10 housing plots for every 100 players and that is before guilds start buying plots.

Source - Hearing people bitch about housing plots being sold out and having to settle for apartments aka living in the projects.

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    Why are you bothering to explain. These people are either pretending not to understand why people were stuck in their garrison and therefore there's no point trying to say something. Or they simply don't get it, in which case they're too limited to hold a discussion over.
    "These people" are being reasonable about why it's likely not going to happen based off of reasons Blizz has given in the past and observations from ingame.

Quote Originally Posted by kyo wolfsfang View Post
    Bro.. you just answered your own question...

Most players only raid log. Having more non raid content in the game to do, will incentivise players to keep playing beyond just raiding and pve. It doesnt have to award raid gear or be part of the story.. Thats the whole point. You get thrown story and gear into your face all of the time. having somthing mindless to do would be a nice way to cleanse your pallet and relax before going back to the raids etc.
    Is it why everyone does Islands? I am sorry mate, wow has a ton of stuff to do, it has to give you prestige as a reward as of minimum. How many players are actually participating in brawlers guild? Duelers arena? Fishing contests? Darkmoon must be the most popular, but how much maintenance does it require? If they did player housing and wanted it to be fun and last long, it would have to be updated every big patch. Otherwise, well you build it, do what you want and forget it. Hence much more resource intense than something like darkmoon, so ratio of resources/player would be way higher than raids let's say, which, at some level most of us do, do you get my drift? Either you need that to be rewarding to be more than a feature for expansion like islands, so people actually do it

Quote Originally Posted by Piamonte View Post
    there are many problems with player housing:

-the main hubs being empty, something blizzard doesnt want.
    -we already had player housing with garrisons and it didnt work.

guild housing is a better idea, but that still have some problems.
    You give people Garrisons and Orderhalls and they want guild housing. You give people guild housing and they want individual housing as guild halls wont allow individual customization.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelll no.

The development of player housing almost killed the game. Thats right, we had countless games come out, WoW laughed them off. But player housing? That one near knocked WoW out for good.

Player housing is kind of like large-scale pvp. Its a trap. It sounds good in your head, but it never is. Every game its implemented, its either useless outright, or just serves as a trophy room, both of which are a waste of development time.

I didn't even read your post, but glancing up at it - i was right haha. You want it to be a fucking trophy room. Dude, why make an instance trophy room, when you can show your prestige on your character? Know whats a lot better than having a 'fur rug'? a mage tower weapon appearence, or a set of elite pvp gear.
    And thats just it. This is Blizzard, they have the time, the money and the team to do it right. WoW needs more features that are successful in other games that WoW doesnt have especially since they will have the resources to do it right and if they pay attention to Housing like in Wildstar.

5+ Year Old Account
    Imo wow should have guild housing more so than player housing and the entrance to the housing should be located in major cities.

All! cities should have a unique look for housing.

I would also limit housing to one location but the option of “moving” citites.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Is it why everyone does Islands? I am sorry mate, wow has a ton of stuff to do, it has to give you prestige as a reward as of minimum. How many players are actually participating in brawlers guild? Duelers arena? Fishing contests? Darkmoon must be the most popular, but how much maintenance does it require? If they did player housing and wanted it to be fun and last long, it would have to be updated every big patch. Otherwise, well you build it, do what you want and forget it. Hence much more resource intense than something like darkmoon, so ratio of resources/player would be way higher than raids let's say, which, at some level most of us do, do you get my drift? Either you need that to be rewarding to be more than a feature for expansion like islands, so people actually do it
    People will do it because its fun as proven as the most used feature in wildstar, Build a really cool looking house and forget it, then go back next patch when new furniture items are added with the new raids and content. Go do old raids and dungeons over and over again like we already do for transmog to get more things.. People will go back to their houses everytime they get cool furniture during transmog runs. then once you have everything you forget about it. But thats just it whether or not you forget about it doesnt mean its a bad addition to the game, there WILL be people who spend thousands of hours getting housing items and building their house.. Hell there will be thousands of people who will scrap their houses regularly and rebuild with a new idea. Dont doubt Wildstar player housing because the possibilities are endless.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    Are collectibles ever a bad thing? Like seriously, the entire point of the game is basically to "collect things". Whether that be mounts, transmog, achievements or whatever. Collectibles of any kind are almost always a good thing, especially when you can actively engage with those things like transmog for example. With player housing the interactions could be so much deeper even. Making your character look a certain way is pretty basic. Housing on the other hand could vary so drastically from person to person that the options could be endless. That is assuming that Blizzard wouldn't totally fuck up housing again and give us 3-5 pre-determined options as "customizations" like we had with garrisons.

There could be housing wards like what they have in XIV to create neighborhoods, as well as instanced housing for the people that can't get persistent plots. There could be a main entry point where when you interact with it you can choose to visit other peoples instanced homes, whether they're home or not, a simple toggle would suffice for people that don't want strangers in their homes. There's so much potential it's not even funny. But of course we know that Blizzard will go the same same easy route that they always do and put in as little effort as possible.
    you are right, but as i said content in world is much more needed than anything housing can bring

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    you are right, but as i said content in world is much more needed than anything housing can bring
    Why not both

10+ Year Old Account
    Housing... Yes please!

BUT ONLY IF... It equals or its better than Wildstar's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQm7eOjyQSY

And for all those who are against solo content... whats bothers you so much? If you don't like it you don't have to play it.

Every xpac Blizzard gives tons of group content and yet people complain... Let us lone-wolves enjoy the game too.

I would actually love player housing if they don't half-ass the feature like they did with garrisons. A players house should be fully customizable, all with unique architecture matching their race. And being able to level it up to a bigger house by doing various world stuff, kinda like the buildings in the garrisons but actually fun. It could also make professions matter a lot more if you could have a dedicated room or something for your professions, and allows you to create unique stuff. And the most obvious thing is being able to place your house anywhere on the world (except in water and such), which would ofcourse need to in your own instance.

Many positives are having a lot more stuff to do as you decorate and level up your house. The big mistake garrisons made was that it was integraded way to much into the main game, rather than being its own optional feature that you choose to do without having to miss out on something. Garrisons were very much necessary trough the entire expansion, which made the world feel empty. I'm personally not interested in pet battles and I just pretend it doesn't exist, same could go for player housing.

I personally would love a housing system. I think it would make a great addition to the game, especially if it was done in a clever way that helped to re-invested players in the world.

Mechanically speaking, I'd love to see the system Rift had. It was a system well loved by the community, and even the most hardcore of raiders enjoyed it.

As far as bringing players back out to the world, it could help to motivate a lot of players to do such things. If they tied direct art assets to rep rewards, difficult achievements, completion of quest lines, things like Death's of Chromie, and so on into it, I suspect it would help to bring players out of their capital cities and into more content (assuming there is content to do in said expansion.)

15+ Year Old Account
    Stop talking for the community. YOU think you need this but others don't.