i do think everyone does wishful thinking and it can be blizzard are planning releasing to classes instead of 1 something they have never done befor
    and do i need to say allied races is kinda a good reason for them to do so
    like other said befor wait 2 weeks for blizzcon

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Weird question time: According to census data, Monks have pretty consistently been the least popular class at max level since they were introduced. The question here is WHY?

1) Is it because it's not a Hero class, able to start at a considerably higher level from the get go?

2) The theme doesn't resonate with players as a whole? Is it a rejection of Pandaren lore?

3) Upon release, the class had pretty complex mechanics (which have been dumbed down since). Did that initial complezity turn people off?

---

Also, if a new base class (read: not a Hero class) is introduced, whether it be Tinkers or what have you, does it need an XP catchup mechanic like Monks have in order to become truly popular?
    lvl 60 is gona be the new max lvl so lvling wont feel as a pain as lvl 90 or 120 do

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    I mean, regardless of what people think now...they used to. Jaina going from trusting to "NO MORE, CUNTS" was a nice arc especially after what shes been through. Then they decided to make her flipety flop so much you can't take her seriously.

Sylvanas vengeance arc and sympathy for the forsaken was also good which later progressed into fear for her own mortality even in undeath. Then they decided her to be scheeming in the background so no one knows wtf she wants except not dying and when she has screentime she is vile towards most.

Can't help and sigh that they wasted 2 strong female characters like that to, what i suspect, is the latest fashion where a strong character is one that is a dick towards most.
    All of this was explained in the books, blizzard has failed to add that character development in the game.

Weird question time: According to census data, Monks have pretty consistently been the least popular class at max level since they were introduced. The question here is WHY?

1) Is it because it's not a Hero class, able to start at a considerably higher level from the get go?

2) The theme doesn't resonate with players as a whole? Is it a rejection of Pandaren lore?

3) Upon release, the class had pretty complex mechanics (which have been dumbed down since). Did that initial complezity turn people off?

---

Also, if a new base class (read: not a Hero class) is introduced, whether it be Tinkers or what have you, does it need an XP catchup mechanic like Monks have in order to become truly popular?
    it has too much asian fantasy style to it for me.
    it's just not an aesthetic i find appealing.

as for any other future class i don't really care if they're hero class or not.
    personally i prefer to level from scratch.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    As I said before, Monks came out of nowhere, and they really didn’t offer many stand out abilities. People very quickly associated them with Rogues, which along with their leveling requirement and difficulty, hurt their adoption rate.
    A lot of the same could be said for Demon Hunters though, at least in regards being thematically similar to Rogues and not offering much in the way of standout abilities (does double jump and glide count?).

I think the next class will be non hero, so it’s going to need to stand out from the rest of the class lineup rather quickly. I think the Tinker can accomplish that with its unique theme.
    Will Tinker need a fast leveling mechanic like Monks though in order to have a higher chance of adoption? If the class is tied to a less popular race(s) like Monks were, will it impact adoption?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dragtox View Post
    lvl 60 is gona be the new max lvl so lvling wont feel as a pain as lvl 90 or 120 do
    Well a level squish isn't confirmed yet, but it really depends on time required to level. Going from 1 to 120 in Retail is considerably faster than going 1 to 60 in Classic for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of the same could be said for Demon Hunters though, at least in regards being thematically similar to Rogues and not offering much in the way of standout abilities (does double jump and glide count?).
    Don’t forget Metamorphoses, Eye Beams, and simply the visual power of the class itself. I’ve never been a huge fan of them, but they are visually impressive.

Will Tinker need a fast leveling mechanic like Monks though in order to have a higher chance of adoption? If the class is tied to a less popular race(s) like Monks were, will it impact adoption?
    Yes they will need a leveling mechanic, no doubt about it. I also think there will be people who refuse to play a Tinkers for whatever reason.

Well a level squish isn't confirmed yet, but it really depends on time required to level. Going from 1 to 120 in Retail is considerably faster than going 1 to 60 in Classic for example.
    you would just take twice as long per level basically.

10+ Year Old Account
    So the guy who leaked Legion is saying that the next expansion is not Death-themed.

Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by DotEleven View Post
    Once again remember, the Death Knights were under the influence of the Lich King. The Dark Rangers are loyal to Sylvanas.
    Just saying they're dead and were raised by Sylvanas, that's how you can open it up to additional races.

The question is whether they're still loyal to her after her shenanigans at the Mak'gora.

Nathanos is literally off to do more work for Sylvanas so no, he's not feeling betrayed. Even if we ignore that, we're once again at "Why would they then also leave the Forsaken to join the Alliance?"
    You're misunderstanding what I wrote, or I didn't write it clearly.

Here's what I said:
    It wouldn't be difficult to come up with a scenario where those who were previously loyal and dedicated to Sylvanas and Nathanos now feel betrayed....
    What I intended this to mean is that the people who were loyal to both Sylvanas and Nathanos are now feeling betrayed by both Sylvanas and Nathanos. Sorry if it wasn't clear originally.

- - - Updated - - -

all we know is what Ion said on the lvl 60 thing but tho seems like DK starting quest gona be revamped
    so probly changes around lvl there maby demon hunter thing they can kinda reduce lvl on with no problem i wuld guess

i am a fan of the lvl 1-60 thing anyway since it most likly gona be faster then classic becus heirlooms wich i think need to change to exp enchants for armor and not lvl with you but that is something else and dungeon que is still 1 of the fastass way to lvl if you are tank and healer

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    I mean, regardless of what people think now...they used to. Jaina going from trusting to "NO MORE, CUNTS" was a nice arc especially after what shes been through. Then they decided to make her flipety flop so much you can't take her seriously.

Sylvanas vengeance arc and sympathy for the forsaken was also good which later progressed into fear for her own mortality even in undeath. Then they decided her to be scheeming in the background so no one knows wtf she wants except not dying and when she has screentime she is vile towards most.

Can't help and sigh that they wasted 2 strong female characters like that to, what i suspect, is the latest fashion where a strong character is one that is a dick towards most.
    Agreed, I thought they were both shaping up to be really good and well written characters. So much wasted potential. They could get better, and I still like them both, mainly because they're such prolific characters and help drive the story forward, but Sylvanas especially...there's a lot riding on how they close out this arc with her. Will have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Agreed, I thought they were both shaping up to be really good and well written characters. So much wasted potential. They could get better, and I still like them both, mainly because they're such prolific characters and help drive the story forward, but Sylvanas especially...there's a lot riding on how they close out this arc with her. Will have to wait and see.
    y the only scary thing is that sylvanas in her own way seems like going the same direction like garrosh and i wuld guess tyrande is the one that gona chase her... hopefully it dont do a WoD thing again but it feels like it...

So the guy who leaked Legion is saying that the next expansion is not Death-themed.

Interesting.
    I mean, I'm just saying, if we're taking this guy as legit (since he was correct before) and he's giving us hints at what he knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Jericho21 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    Yup, as long as no Tinker, I'm happy lol

Lemme introduce you to my friend, vodka. He can be your friend too when you cry and are sad.
    Doesn't that sound like he's telling this dude he's going to be sad because it's going to be Tinker?

Don’t forget Metamorphoses, Eye Beams, and simply the visual power of the class itself. I’ve never been a huge fan of them, but they are visually impressive.
    It's definitely a unique look. Though, to be fair I'd say that Mistweavers are the most visually interesting healer in the game. Windwalkers are definitely on the bland side of the visuals though, no doubt.

Yes they will need a leveling mechanic, no doubt about it. I also think there will be people who refuse to play a Tinkers for whatever reason.
    The leveling mechanic is what troubles me about a new base class... It basically takes "20 free levels" and heritage armor to get Allied Races going, so I'm wondering how it will go over if there isn't a world revamp.

There will always be players who just won't like a given class. Demon Hunters aren't my thing so I don't play them. But, they are pretty popular. How much of that has to do with Elves, versus theme versus starting level is the real question.

Where Tinkers would fall in the popularity chart between Monks and Demon Hunters is the more interesting question.

Great, so it takes EVERY OTHER CONCEPT to beat Tinker.

I mean, going by that logic once again we shouldn't be discussing any new class because none of them get 50% of the votes.
    still means the majority would rather not have tinker

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Just saying they're dead and were raised by Sylvanas, that's how you can open it up to additional races.

The question is whether they're still loyal to her after her shenanigans at the Mak'gora.

You're misunderstanding what I wrote, or I didn't write it clearly.

Here's what I said:

What I intended this to mean is that the people who were loyal to both Sylvanas and Nathanos are now feeling betrayed by both Sylvanas and Nathanos. Sorry if it wasn't clear originally.
    Alright, so we did get some wires crossed cause it sounded to me like you were trying to say Nathanos and the Dark Rangers were feeling betrayed by Sylvanas not the the Dark Rangers felt betrayed by Sylvanas and Nathanos.

The thing is, we still don't really have much to go on there and even then we're still at an impasse of "How do we get them to just leave the Forsaken and join the Alliance". One of the reasons why Death Knights worked is because they had been unwilling participants in a 3rd faction. In this we have them as Forsaken, so they're on the other side and although the rift between factions is healing, there's still going to be some fighting and it's just weird. Calia as a leader is now attacking her people (being the former Princess of Lordaeron and the Alliance) and the Undead is leaving the Forsaken only to turn around and fight them again. It just causes too much pain.

Why even go through all of this malarkey trying to make them make sense that way when you could just retcon Dark Rangers as just necromantic hunters (to remove the undead requirement) and make it a spec?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    Once again, then you're saying that we shouldn't discuss ANY new class because they aren't the majority either. They aren't the majority, but they are the most popular minority.

Quote Originally Posted by GrimReaper673 View Post
    It's calling the new class a Wraith, with dark ranger and necromancer being specs. Plausible with banshees and liches being somewhat ethereal (like wraiths).
    Wraith sounds very promising and most likely not Elf-only. Hope it really happens.

Interesting.
    Source? I'm curious to read that leak

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    not really you can go on youtube and find many people put likes on tinker as class stuff not as much class support on the other classes there when you search

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    cant say bfa did not feel death themed tho sylvanas reviving people when we attack undercity she burns darnassus then ressurect them later if you catch what i am saying
    bwomsambi and other element was pretty death based

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...0#post51729060

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, I'm just saying, if we're taking this guy as legit (since he was correct before) and he's giving us hints at what he knows.

Doesn't that sound like he's telling this dude he's going to be sad because it's going to be Tinker?
    Indeed it does. However I will remain skeptical until they’re announced.

- - - Updated - - -

It's definitely a unique look. Though, to be fair I'd say that Mistweavers are the most visually interesting healer in the game. Windwalkers are definitely on the bland side of the visuals though, no doubt.
    Mist Weaver was in bad shape though. I think it got a rework right after the release of MoP, and it was hard as hell to play as throughout the expansion. And yeah, WW was very bland. FoF sucked as an ability, and the spec didn’t get SEF until 5.2. By far Brewmaster was the most fun and interesting spec throughout the expansion.

The leveling mechanic is what troubles me about a new base class... It basically takes "20 free levels" and heritage armor to get Allied Races going, so I'm wondering how it will go over if there isn't a world revamp.

There will always be players who just won't like a given class. Demon Hunters aren't my thing so I don't play them. But, they are pretty popular. How much of that has to do with Elves, versus theme versus starting level is the real question.

Where Tinkers would fall in the popularity chart between Monks and Demon Hunters is the more interesting question.
    If we get Tinkers I think their popularity will surprise some people. It’s going to be something we’ve never seen in the class lineup before, and that’s going to attract a lot of people. If I were in charge, I’d make it a 4-spec class to really blow the doors off.

Anyone else feeling like Tinkers could very well appear as a Titan themed class?

After all The Heart of Azeroth has some very Tinker-esque qualities in terms of it having gears inside.

As well as Uldir being a prison made of Titan Technology.

It's potentially one of the ways they would make Tinkers a lore-friendly class to be added if we're still fighting any Old Gods. Less on the Gnomish/Goblin Engineering side of things but maintaining their ingenuity to create with Titan technology.0
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!