Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Blizzcon 2019 needs 1 massive announcement to win back the love (prediction)

Blizz has a lot of cleaning up to do come Blizzcon which is just around the corner. Blizzard will probably announce WoW 2.0 or a Diablo MMO but like WoW

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well you're never going to love again.

Also inb4 "WoW TWo wAs CaTAclYsM/BuRNinG CruSAde"
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

To go along the theme of anniversaries....the current WoW sub will change to being called a Blizzard Sub. Anyone subbed will now have access to all non-micro-transaction based Blizzard back catalog/things.

Overwatch
    WoW: Classic
    WoW: BFA and all previous Expansions
    Starcraft 2 - All Expansions
    Starcraft Remastered.
    Hearthstone - All Expansions Up to Current.

Legacy Versions of all Warcraft, Starcraft, and Diablo Titles.

Not including Overwatch 2.0, New WoW Expac, New Diablo, New Hearthstone Expac, Warcraft 3 Reforged, and impending Diablo 2 Remaster.

Additionally, they will announce that all that attend Blizzcon in person will receive a free copy of Diablo 4 at launch and be part of the beta and the new Blizzard Sub will include a battle/season pass element to Diablo 4 that can otherwise be purchased separately. (goal is to hype the people there in person, thus why they do not give away to virtual ticket holders)

Giving people free things is an easy way to drive excitement levels through the roof and distract from bad vibes.
    Last edited by TickerDS; 2019-10-21 at 05:01 AM.

They should announce like a WoW expansion or something. Gee, I hope they have considered that idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanstos View Post
    Blizz has a lot of cleaning up to do come Blizzcon which is just around the corner. Blizzard will probably announce WoW 2.0 or a Diablo MMO but like WoW
    you're kidding yourself. a new WoW expansion and a diablo 4 teaser is all they need. there's also rumors of a new overwatch project. they don't need a new MMO lmao

There is nothing they could announce to appease their hatebase, not even free money and a cure for cancer.

I dunno what kind of announcement would do that. Denouncing communism would probably be the best option, but I don't think Blizzcon is the platform for that.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I dunno what kind of announcement would do that. Denouncing communism would probably be the best option, but I don't think Blizzcon is the platform for that.
    Even if they denounced the CCP people would say they're being fake.

10+ Year Old Account
    What leads you to believe they are going to announce either of those?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    There is nothing they could announce to appease their hatebase, not even free money and a cure for cancer.
    I cant disagree with this assessment.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by TickerDS View Post
    To go along the theme of anniversaries....the current WoW sub will change to being called a Blizzard Sub. Anyone subbed will now have access to all non-micro-transaction based Blizzard back catalog/things.

Overwatch
    WoW: Classic
    WoW: BFA and all previous Expansions
    Starcraft 2 - All Expansions
    Starcraft Remastered.
    Hearthstone - All Expansions Up to Current.

Legacy Versions of all Warcraft, Starcraft, and Diablo Titles.

Not including Overwatch 2.0, New WoW Expac, New Diablo, New Hearthstone Expac, Warcraft 3 Reforged, and impending Diablo 2 Remaster.

Additionally, they will announce that all that attend Blizzcon in person will receive a free copy of Diablo 4 at launch and be part of the beta and the new Blizzard Sub will include a battle/season pass element to Diablo 4 that can otherwise be purchased separately. (goal is to hype the people there in person, thus why they do not give away to virtual ticket holders)

Giving people free things is an easy way to drive excitement levels through the roof and distract from bad vibes.
    Is this a leak or just a wild guess?

Well, according to Metro, i.e. guy who leaked Ashe (Overwatch hero) before last year's Blizzcon, the same source as he had last year told him that the 3 big announcements for this Blizzcon are Diablo 4, Diablo 2 Remastered and Overwatch 2.

Plus... we're most likely going to get the announcements for the next expansion packs for WoW and Hearthstone, Diablo Immortal and Warcraft 3 Reforged release dates, some new content for Starcraft 2 and Heroes of the Storm and maybe some info about other mobile games Blizzard is supposedly working on.

If all of the above is correct, we don't really need any more "big announcements".
    Last edited by Sarethion; 2019-10-21 at 05:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seasz View Post
    Is this a leak or just a wild guess?
    haha, no. wrong words there. its a wild WET DREAM. he wishes that stuff would happen, but will not.

they make more money from virtual ticket sales then actual attendees. attendees cant hype anything for shit. most of them are plebs that cant even ask a decent Q&A question.

yah, if they give D4 to attendees they would also give it to Virtual Tickets as well. not everybody has the chance to go to Blizzcon for about a billion reasons, but can easily hop into D4 stuff and stream (aka hype) that.

the rest of the OP's statement, is just massive facepalm material. id be embarrassed to wipe a baby's ass with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

7+ Year Old Account
    diablo 2 remaster, diablo 4, and next wow expansion are already set my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    My predictions for this year:

0.5) J Allen Brack trying to calm people down like Mike Morheim would have but failing miserably. "You think you want Free Hong Kong, but you don't."
    1) start off with a giant apology for Diablo Immortal. "Yes, its still coming out, but we're sorry we feel we let you down"
    2) Cut to "NOT EVEN DEATH CAN SAVE YOU FROM ME". BAM Diablo 2 Remastered
    3) Warcraft 8.3 cinematic trailer, teasing 9.0 expansion maybe
    4) Overwatch Shit
    5) "we have something we've been working on for a while, and this goes with what we started the show with." Tristram Riff on guitar, a giant 4, and "Stay a while... and Listen"
    6) Thermonuclear explosion over Diablo 4 Hype
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

All, Blizzard need to do - is finally get rid of all that bring Vanilla/TBC back crap. We have Classic servers now. And we don't need to have two exactly the same games at the same time, so we don't need to bring anything from Classic to Retal. We don't need Vanilla 3.0 (Cata was 2.0), we don't need TBC 3.0 (Legion was 2.0), we don't need Pandas 3.0 (BFA was 2.0). We need something like WotLK 2.0. Casual-friendly and alt-friendly xpack. Stop catering to hardcore crowd! They have raids, they have mythic+. Now they also want to have hardcore outdoor and hardcore solo content (mage tower/visions). I.e. lots of dedicated exclusive content for them. And they're just 10% of possible Wow's playerbase. Why so much attention for them? And where is my dedicated exclusive casual content? Pet battles? Another invasions to grind another pointless reps?

I'm not sure, if it's the best option, but nobody can suggest anything better. We need players' housing, I guess. And may be some legacy system to provide account-wide alt-friendly progression, that wouldn't reset, when you would want to change character.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Aside from all new things being announced or coming,

I feel like Blizzard is going to far with remastering games.
    D2 remastered
    Wow classic is a remaster aswell.
    Wc3 remastered (cant wait to play it, but still)
    Starcraft (with the comic style skin etc)

I do feel they need to move on and create some true new content and games instead of rebuilding the hype on games from the past. (Not talking wow xpacs or mobile diablo)

But we shall see what happens

I have heard a rumor that they're going to showcase the first wave of Lego Warcraft, based on W3 Reforged, and that everybody at Blizzcon will be getting an Arthas minifigure.

15+ Year Old Account
    Diablo Immortal 2, Wow Immortal, Overwatch Immortal and Hearthstone Immortal and Warcraft Immortal.

All in Mandarin only.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    A cure for cancer? Fuck blizz i wanted a Tinker! Im unsubbing

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Blizzcon wasn't the platform for announcing a mobile diablo game either, so there is still a chance.