Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I don't get why people are suprised we kill him, he is weaker than C'thun and Yogg-saron and we killed both of those off the moment we knew where they were.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    basic and uncreative end to a mediocre gameplay at best and shit story at worst expansion.
    Yes because hitting him with swords and spears would have been so much better. They literally told us what the Heart of azeroth was for when u first start powering it up from the start of the expansion. Of course it was going to be used to beat the end boss.

When I first read the encounter journal and read Carapace of N'Zoth and N'Zoth as two separate encounters that was a red flag for Dragon Soul 2.0 but now with this cinematic it just proves it is Dragon Soul 2.0

Doesn't Azshara say how we can kill him with the dagger after we free her in Ny'alotha raid? Be silly if the same thing that can free him can also kill him. The overall writing in general for many expansion now has been catastrophic imo.

So the Old Gods got White Walker'd, basically. Blizzard had to take notes from Season 8, because BfA is so similar to that mess.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

This cinematic certainly throws doubt on the whole Shadowlands expansion.

However, it’s quite possible this is a illusion in the same vein as the Wrathion fight and the players are being tricked into believing that N’zoth is dead when he is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra View Post
    So the Old Gods got White Walker'd, basically. Blizzard had to take notes from Season 8, because BfA is so similar to that mess.
    Tyrande goes crazy in 8.3.5 and sacks Orgrimmar. Malfurion stabs her and is then exiled by Delaryn & other undead Night Elves to live out the remainder of his life in the Barrow Dens.

7+ Year Old Account
    Again, they had to kill him off somehow.

It feels like some people want characters to stay around for long, until they become boring and uninteresting. Instead of going out with a boom, they want people to stick around for either to be forgotten or die out with whimper.

Im really glad, that they took 3/4 of an expansion and one entire patch to really focus down on N'zoth and then get him away for others to take the scene. The old gods enemy is not a new thing and keeping him around for longer would just be.....reminding us about what has already been and why it ain't new.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Tyrande goes crazy in 8.3.5 and sacks Orgrimmar. Malfurion stabs her and is then exiled by Delaryn & other undead Night Elves to live out the remainder of his life in the Barrow Dens.
    Which doesn't seem too far-fetched actually. I do believe Blizzard is setting up Tyrande to be a villain. The part of Malfurion stabbing her ala Jon Snow is a joke, but Tyrande being a villain and being confronted by Malfurion seems very likely. Especially since Shandris seems like a perfect candidate to replace Tyrande once she snaps.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

This is what will happen in the final cinematic, all the heroes will be weak from the battle and in his near death state Nathanos shows up and is going to sacrifice himself by plunging the blade directly into N'Zoth and Sylvanas is going to perform a ritual that Xal'Atath taught her to seal him into the blade, and then she picks it up says a few foreboding words and kills everyone. She will then open a rift directly into the Shadowlands with her newfound old god power.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra View Post
    Which doesn't seem too far-fetched actually. I do believe Blizzard is setting up Tyrande to be a villain. The part of Malfurion stabbing her ala Jon Snow is a joke, but Tyrande being a villain and being confronted by Malfurion seems very likely. Especially since Shandris seems like a perfect candidate to replace Tyrande once she snaps.
    Considering that Blizzard has done absolutely nothing interesting with Tyrande's character in 14 years of WoW, letting her get ousted by Shandris is the best we can hope for.

Worst case (and most likely) scenario is: Tyrande is forgotten about for a couple more expansions or becomes as much of a joke with her "vengeance for Teldrassil" shtick as Genn is with his "fuck the Forsaken / reclaim Gilneas!"

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    It feels like some people want characters to stay around for long, until they become boring and uninteresting.
    Story has impact and at no point has N'Zoth felt deadly and I feel this is why some are just sad to see N'Zoth squatted like a bug, Sylvanas has shown throughout the expansion and cinematics to be more sinister and deadly than a powerful old god, her character has been at the forefront of this expansion while the more powerful being being sidelined and a subplot until we're actually having to deal with him.

Sure you've had Crucible of Storms & Eternal Palace reference the old god but he's been released and defeated/killed in one patch essentially.

The Horrific Visions on the PTR do not give any credible storyline threat that N'Zoth is powerful, like at all. It's just bad storytelling.

Deathwing - Laser through dragon soul powered by aspects.
    Sargeras - Tractor beam laser from the seat of the pantheon powered by the pantheon.
    N'Zoth - Laser from heart of azeroth powered by forge of re-origination.
    Last edited by AidanJLowe; 2019-10-22 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    I’m betting there’s a “full” ending cinematic after this. Think of this as us dying and waiting for Tirion to shatter Frostmourne in ICC.
    AZEROTH IS FREE!!! shout Sylvanas, both Genn and Tyrande stand by her side clapping.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    I don't get why people are suprised we kill him, he is weaker than C'thun and Yogg-saron and we killed both of those off the moment we knew where they were.
    We fought manifestation of C'Thun and Yogi - this is full unleashed old god. Free to do his bidding. And apparently everything you need to drop old god influence and mind control is "be stronk" shouted by stupid garden dwarf.

5+ Year Old Account
    Kamehamehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

So where's the Knife?

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    AZEROTH IS FREE!!! shout Sylvanas, both Genn and Tyrande stand by her side clapping.
    I'm sorry but "Azeroth is free!!" shall be Azshara's line, to be perfectly in line with WoD.

Wait what... was with that ending? I am so confused
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jesus...

Blizzard is KILLING Nzoth? How many years of build up for him to appear in a SINGLE patch and have no presence whatsoever?

This is infuriating. Not to mention how boring how we do it is.

What about stabbing him?

No, this can't be it.

I bet right before he dies a player that has his gift will stab him with Xal'Atath.

Please, gods, don't let this be the end of one of the most enigmatic and cool enemies that WoW has ever produced.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    I'm sorry but "Azeroth is free!!" shall be Azshara's line, to be perfectly in line with WoD.
    Oh it already is There are datamined dialogs where it is revealed that Azshara is misunderstood like Grom

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    Jesus...

Blizzard is KILLING Nzoth? How many years of build up for him to appear in a SINGLE patch and have no presence whatsoever?

This is infuriating. Not to mention how boring how we do it is.

What about stabbing him?

No, this can't be it.

I bet right before he dies a player that has his gift will stab him with Xal'Atath.

Please, gods, don't let this be the end of one of the most enigmatic and cool enemies that WoW has ever produced.
    He stopped being enigmatic when we got his HS card :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm looking forward to an expansion free of Old Gods and Sylvanas.

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    I'm confused only about one thing; why is Azeroth no longer in pain? as far as I know, it was the wound causing her pain, not the old god shenanigans. At least not them alone.

On Nzoth's death, I'm fine with it. We killed every other old god when it showed up, and we have known for quite a few years now that the old gods are nothing more than some parasites thrown around by the void lords, so idk why it is still necessary to be bewildered that they are not as OP as they were hyped up to be... During wotlk when we killed one?
    The main difference between us and the titans is that we're small enough to kill them without harming Azeroth. When the titans encountered them they could kill, at the cost of a continent each time. So yeah, the better choice was to seal that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hauzhi View Post
    We are all waiting for your first book.
    What a stupid fucking argument. I dont write stories because I am not good at it and neither should anyone at Blizzard.
    Have you skipped elementary school? You can only criticize things in which you are better at, huh? So does this mean that you personally cannot criticize anything at all?

Fucking hell. Common sense people. Get some please.