Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Andonais View Post
    More rng just what we wanted
    100% sure people who didn't like titanforging will hate corrupting. And all the drama it will cause because "someone had a lil bit too much corruption".

You brought it upon yourself.

I'd love to stack Corruption Zones with the highest corruption possible and wander into LFR just to kill everyone - assuming those zones are really AoE and not only damaging yourself

A benefit to this system could be that, if you are very lucky and collect a nearly full set of all the benefits you want. Your limited by corruption, therefor you will only be able to equip a certain amount of corruption gear.

Now it's still RNG in the form of getting the benefit you want on your gear. But how many pieces you need is limited to your "Corruption Resistance", which seems connected to your legendary cloak and is a grind of its own.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    100% sure people who didn't like titanforging will hate corrupting. And all the drama it will cause because "someone had a lil bit too much corruption".

"You brought it upon yourself."
    what do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Teddyfish View Post
    A benefit to this system could be that, if you are very lucky and collect a nearly full set of all the benefits you want. Your limited by corruption, therefor you will only be able to equip a certain amount of corruption gear.

Now it's still RNG in the form of getting the benefit you want on your gear. But how many pieces you need is limited to your "Corruption Resistance", which seems connected to your legendary cloak and is a grind of its own.
    Well, having a tradeoff also means they can let these items drop a lot more often. You can't equip them all anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    There are a number of rings in the new raid that will spice things up.. Such as a over healing one, where you ignore a set amount of healing for a period of time.. Another has it that at 25% health you taunt everything around you to attack you.. lol
    It looks like those were early iterations as they are no longer on the PTR for testing purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Looks interesting. Probably wearing more than a couple is not for the faint of hard and not at all a good idea for progression. It will be very fun on farm to wear increasingly more corrupted gear though.
    Would be interesting if you could "seal" it, instead of flat out cleansing. Because if you actually want to use it for progression you will likely be forced to cleanse most pieces undtil you have done so for a while and can start building a stockpile of corrupted pieces to play around with. The system feels like it was deliberately made to be only used months down the line when we are all already sick of the content in the incomming mega drought before 9.0.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post

yeah but at least i dont have to hear about the person in lfr who got a max titanforged item. now i can just hear about people who only do m+ complaining that they have to raid to have good gear.

Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    "You brought it upon yourself."
    what do you mean?
    Thou darest to complain and doubtest thy lord and savior Blizzard's scared plans? Thou must be punished obviously. Now thou shall pay for thy hubris mortal.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2019-10-23 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    yeah but at least i dont have to hear about the person in lfr who got a max titanforged item. now i can just hear about people who only do m+ complaining that they have to raid to have good gear.
    Which, unlike the LFR guy, is an actual problem for Blizzard. Though they might just raise the maximum iLvl you can get from M+ now that they can't TF anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Well, having a tradeoff also means they can let these items drop a lot more often. You can't equip them all anyway.
    Which makes the whole cleansing process all the more important. If you can't do it on the fly we have another case of "you need to go somewhere to make that item even usuable" case.

- - - Updated - - -

Which, unlike the LFR guy, is an actual problem for Blizzard. Though they might just raise the maximum iLvl you can get from M+ now that they can't TF anymore.
    I doubt it. M+ max drop will probably stay at heroic level and the chest mythic level. That is still plenty of easy gear and pretty much the average you'd have gotten casually right now as well compared to raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Which makes the whole cleansing process all the more important. If you can't do it on the fly we have another case of "you need to go somewhere to make that item even usuable" case.
    I can see both sides to this. On one hand, you want to put better gear on the second you get it. On the other, I feel the game has swung too far for convenience in a way that cheapens character/toon decisions (talents come to mind here - I personally hate that you can change talents in between fights).

Side note, it's intriguing to me how this convo leans more towards positive compared to the other thread about the exact same thing, which is mostly complaining

10+ Year Old Account
    That all sounds like something you just do not want your tank to have. Suddenly taking more damage, having to run away from the extra ad, etc. or worst case, spawning a void zone in melee sounds like a recipe to either unnecessarily stress the raid, or cause a wipe.
    And, "don't have more than one or two pieces" approach sounds to me like we are going from "something dropped, I need to sim if I can use it" to "something dropped, but I just can't use it" until/unless it gets cleansed. And even then, I just don't see how "hey, we have a void zone in melee now" will ever lead to "boy, that was FUN".

Yeah, I am looking at it from the worst case scenario, but you can't ever expect things to go well when raiding/doing mythic+. That's just inviting disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofCazicThule View Post
    I'm going to try and get as much corruption as possible to show my devotion to the Dark Gods. Hopefully, Grandfather Nurgle will take notice.
    Your healers will for sure take notice at least...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    The system seems interesting. Though I don't think it solved the problem of "BIS is whatever has the highest Titanforging." Just reworded it to "BIS is whatever has the maximum Corruption of your most useful flavor."
    This problem will always exist, there will always be a BIS item.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I doubt it. M+ max drop will probably stay at heroic level and the chest mythic level. That is still plenty of easy gear and pretty much the average you'd have gotten casually right now as well compared to raiding.
    The end of instance chest might see a 5-10 level increase since you can't farm it for lucky procs anymore. The weekly probably won't change much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    This problem will always exist, there will always be a BIS item.
    Well, they coud make all items identical, though that would just create worse problems. The real issue is people working off the mindset that BiS is something you're supposed to have, rather than work towards.

Quote Originally Posted by Serenais View Post
    And even then, I just don't see how "hey, we have a void zone in melee now" will ever lead to "boy, that was FUN".
    I think the ultimate goal is to trim it to the same effect as we had with he CoS items, only the player that triggered the effect can see (hopefully) and be effected by it. That still will place pretty much a hard limit on most people as you just don't want certain effects to ever occur, especially as a tank. Even if you are the only person who is ever affected by the proc, stuff like no longer being able to stack randomly or having to move can and will lead to major issues with individual pieces of gear.

The stupid 0.5 second stun for ranged with the proc from CoS was already annoying but usually didn't cost you too much if you failed to dodge the shadow projectile. These effects at the moment are leaps and bounds above that - not in the interesting way but the "avoid at all costs" way.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2019-10-23 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinzaram View Post
    -snip-
    But I hope this puts on the point:
    Holy crap you can't equip too many of these items! .
    Just imagine getting this in PvP.
    Or better - imagine getting BIS items that you cannot wear because it's giving you too much corruption(inb4 "unequip different item" - yeah, if I don't have replacement then what? should I run naked? Should I keep different fuckload of item sets in my bag? Where's the Blizzard division of "if you get higher ilvl - it should be exciting and an upgrade for players!" Seriously?).

Idiotic system Blizz. Why are they like this? It's not fun/entertainment at all.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2019-10-23 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Serenais View Post
    That all sounds like something you just do not want your tank to have. Suddenly taking more damage, having to run away from the extra ad, etc. or worst case, spawning a void zone in melee sounds like a recipe to either unnecessarily stress the raid, or cause a wipe.
    And, "don't have more than one or two pieces" approach sounds to me like we are going from "something dropped, I need to sim if I can use it" to "something dropped, but I just can't use it" until/unless it gets cleansed. And even then, I just don't see how "hey, we have a void zone in melee now" will ever lead to "boy, that was FUN".

Yeah, I am looking at it from the worst case scenario, but you can't ever expect things to go well when raiding/doing mythic+. That's just inviting disaster.
    Yeah Corruption Zones sounds nightmarish, but the tooltip clearly states "Dealing damage to YOU".

That doesn't make sense that a voidpool you spawned from a corrupted item only affects you but I guess that's their way to not completely cancerize LFR and various raid bosses

The end of instance chest might see a 5-10 level increase since you can't farm it for lucky procs anymore. The weekly probably won't change much.
    We will have to see how it works out. Alot of content will need to be rebalanced, like the daily emissary rewards. A lucky WF/TF was what would usually bring you into a new bracket to get better gear. If you have to approach that limit now by gradual upgrades which are only at your exact iLvl then it would take quite a bit more time to reach the new brackets.

I could see them adding something to the effect of item ranges for certain content to keep a certain degree of replayability. So the reward from your end of run mythic chest is 430+, which would still allow to pseudo-warforge it without actually naming it that way. Frankly I highly doubt blizzard will get rid of it entirely. Horriforging doesn't seem a suitable replacement.