Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Satan View Post
    Either the negative effect will be irrelevant, so it's pointless, or the negative effect will be so bad you won't want to wear the upgrade in the first place. Imagine getting gear that upgrades to corrupted only to not be able to use it. Imagine you summon adds in a fight and wipe the raid.
    Counter-argument: No, it doesn't.
    @thwart <- don't click this and learn his shame
    Newsflash: 2016 Thwart would hate 2019 Thwart! Definitely don't click this either!

We see you.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am absolutely a jerk, a complete cunt. But I encourage you to rise above.

You can cleanse the gear. This is quite literally, "Don't like it ? Don't use it". End of story.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Because I possess two important abilities. Reading and thinking. If it tells me it's gonna spawn void zones and adds, and it is gear and players have full control over what they wear, and it's a group game, I only have to put 1 and 1 together.

- - - Updated - - -

That's like applauding a restaurant for having liquid shit on their menu, cause it's different.

"No one else is serving this, you gotta give it to them"
    Yes, but you dont yet know the positive and negative effects impact yet, its subject to heavy balancing. It might be super fun to play around. Also make you optimize gear based on boss and your healers abilities. For example healers gearing affects your ability to equip better items. It's a teambuilding side effect

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    Then what's the point of even having it?

Is it supposed to add difficulty/flavor to fights?
    It's supposed to add some excitement and randomness like titanforging did, but with a downside to it that you either manage around or cleanse, in order to satisfy the 1% raider gripe about having to always work toward full titanforges in all slots in order to be "any good".
    @thwart <- don't click this and learn his shame
    Newsflash: 2016 Thwart would hate 2019 Thwart! Definitely don't click this either!

We see you.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am absolutely a jerk, a complete cunt. But I encourage you to rise above.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    There's tons of ways to make interesting items without forcing players to equip 2 of the same thing to get something from them and then feel bad for breaking these bonuses when changing 1 piece of a set. Set items are only a decent design when compared to the bland regular items, but there is millions of ways to make items more interesting than the concept of sets.
    And they have yet to come up with one.

Quote Originally Posted by ping-pong View Post
    Yes, but you dont yet know the positive and negative effects impact yet
    They're on the front page.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    You can test it on the ptr right now so this isnt before weve seen it and the negative effects arent worth the negligible increase except the crit damage
    Ptr's sole purpose is to gather enough data to do multiple balancing waves before it goes live. Why do some od you treat it as final product is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    More bullshit RNG and Titanforged BS, thank God for classic.

Who needs the feeling of actual character progression and working towards something when you can spin the wheel on the slot machine baby
    Or you can just totally ignore it and enjoy the game without worrying about gear which will become obsolete next raid tier and be happy when you get upgrade.

3+ Year Old Account
    This post highlights one of the primary issues with the WoW community, IMO

All you people care about is performance. Anything that stands to get in the way of that performance is dumb to you. There can be no spontaneity because you can't account for it and so you will complain about it. It's not a game to people anymore, it's their entire life.

And that's not a positive. You people treat it like it's a job. Anything that gets in the way of doing that job is taken as an affront. Why don't all these people take a vacation from their jobs at WoW, and play WoW for a little bit.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    And they have yet to come up with one.
    Technically azerite armor is better in every aspect. How we got them and how we unlocked the trait was absolute garbage, don't get me wrong. But in itself, azerite armor are basically tier set bonuses that don't constipate your itemization by forcing piece together, it gives choices and it has progression as well.

It wasn't exactly well executed but the core design is thousand times better than tier sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    Seems like catering to EVERY special snowflake, being it the harscore or casual end, with their own type of content came first and the loot problem is the symptom
    That is my conclusion as well.
    The game has gone down the "If you try to please everybody, you please nobody" fashion.

Presumably why a lot of people consider previous versions of the game superior, while the game was more streamlined towards a certain activity (="Raid or die") but it was straightforward and at least for those that went this path, a good game.

I think a game can be appreciated by people that aren't exactly the "target audience" as long as it is good at what the game tries to be.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    Technically azerite armor is better in every aspect. How we got them and how we unlocked the trait was absolute garbage, don't get me wrong. But in itself, azerite armor are basically tier set bonuses that don't constipate your itemization by forcing piece together, it gives choices and it has progression as well.

It wasn't exactly well executed but the core design is thousand times better than tier sets.
    If you didn't have to unlock anything about the armor then you would be right but as it is now it is far worse.

So this thread essentially consists of people who don't understand the system in people who do trying to explain it well the ones who don't are still spouting nonsense about how it can wipe a raid and how it's so imbalance that it shouldn't exist even though there is not a single system in this game that was ever balanced

so essentially you are just upset because this system instead of giving you a huge power increase for no reason with an rng factor has been replaced by something that gives you a huge power increase with an orange efactor but at the same time you have to manage it through personal responsibility

like players one RPG elements back in this game but blizzard tries to give you that and people lose their s*** will let me tell you something my friend without the giant increase in titanforging four item level when you go into those mythic plus dungeons you don't really have to worry about people's corruption being so high that it will kill them because they already aren't going to get invited based on ilvl because there's no bloat

Because i actually play the game instead of pretending and 90% of the time thing go from ptr to live beside the number balance tuning for 10 years
    What do you mean pretending? My 5th alt has cleared mythic as part of selling boosts. That alt happens to be fire mage, which would be unstoppable with 50% crit dmg boost, and obviously that won't hit live. Corruption system will have impact on gameplay, but it won't be as wild as it is on ptr right now. If you actually participated in ptr and followed closely entire thing, you'd know that 90% you mention is ridiculous.

- - - Updated - - -

They're on the front page.
    PTR version is on the front page. Datamining and whatnot. PTR exists so that excessive things can be polished and balanced before going live. Stop whining that shit on PTR isn't balanced and perfectly tuned. It's not meant to be. Use that thing that you claim you use.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ping-pong View Post
    Ptr's sole purpose is to gather enough data to do multiple balancing waves before it goes live. Why do some od you treat it as final product is beyond me.
    Because it usually is. Blizzard is notorious for ignoring feedback and then fixing it months after the patch goes live

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    It's kind of ironic with the state of classic right now. It is in a lot of ways similar to mythic+ right now.

The premier end game activity is to spam run dungeons, with no lockout, as much and as fast as possible looking for RNG (very low drop rate) BiS upgrades that are better than raid gear.
    With the huge difference being that with the very low drop chances, you won't get your item easily. Also it takes much longer to get to the dungeon. Ultimately it takes muuch longer to get your pre-raid BIS, people dont even get them after weeks. You also end up getting other gear that are not your pre-raid BIS but are good for a while. Inspect classic people youll see they have 1-2 epic pieces, 3-4 green items, 6 blue items. In BFA after 3weeks or releasing a raid, 90% of warriors have the same gear lol.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    If you didn't have to unlock anything about the armor then you would be right but as it is now it is far worse.
    How is it far worse? We get a bonus right away, we don't need several pieces to get a bonus, we don't lose bonuses from equipping an upgrade. It was terrible on release because we would get an armor and our neck wouldn't be high enough to even have 1 trait, but that problem is long gone. So now we get 1 trait per armor instantly basically and more with progression, while tier sets required 2 pieces for 1 trait and there was nothing after and you lose that trait if you equip an upgrade from the next tier.

Literally every single aspect of the azerite armor feature is better. If the traits suck or are boring or not balanced, that's a design issue unrelated to the feature itself.

I like it and I hope Blizzard keeps adding fun stuff like this. WoW players are kinda funny, they complain endlessly about everything and yet they play it daily.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Do you have dyslexia? what about" besides number tuning" dont you understand? Numbers are gonna obviously change but the concept is the people's problem and concept change doesnt occure when something hits ptr already
    Concept is some people's problem (my entire guild is excited for it, literally not a single person in the main raiding team has any kind of problem with it) and what they describe as reason for the problem is obviously just a number tuning concern.

It's one of those things that's conceptually interesting but in practice I feel like it's going to end up causing a lot of frustration. It's also just another flavour of titanforging under a different name. In general I'm not very thrilled about these additions that are clearly just a patch-specific thing that's going to go away in a few months once the game moves on. I'm sure it'll be interesting for a little while at least, but it's not a change that addresses any of the issues people currently have with the loot system, which makes it feel like slightly wasted effort. I would prefer to see new systems that have the legs to stay relevant for longer than a patch or two. It feels so gimmicky how the devs have been constantly coming up with new gear/progression systems almost every single patch since Legion, and none of them have remained relevant or resulted in any kind of iteration.

It's like they're trying desperately hard to reinvent the success of the justice/valour system and keep coming up with worse alternatives every time.