10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leobald View Post
    Part of the master plan is likely that there will be no Democratic President again.
    Would be ballsy of them considering how the demographics of the country and voting habits of young/educated people are moving. The GOP knows this too, they did their deep dive autopsy after the waxing they received in 2012, yet decided to listen to the dying base and move even further to the right and double down on white grievance and racial animosity pushing everyone they’ll need in the future even further away.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by dubious_doomhammer View Post
    I really don't understand their way of thinking. I've tried to rationalize it in my brain - why people are willing (or at least say they are) to go so far as dying for Trump, and I cant figure it out.

What has Trump done for you that has had such a meaningful impact on your lives? What's changed between when Bush was president, to when Obama was president, to when Trump is president that you're willing to die for? What policies has Trump enacted that have changed American lives for the better? What has he done except give ultra rich people a tax break, where they pay less than the working / middle class?

You have someone that doesn't care about the constitution, who breaks the law, who lies constantly, and has done one thing that doesn't affect 99% of the population.

If Obama had done or said even a fraction of what Trump has, he would have been drawn and quartered. Seriously, look at what Trump has done and imagine if it was Obama, and instead of an R next to his name, it was a D - could you truly and honestly say you'd be ok with it?
    I'm with you on this one, and I cannot make it work in my head. It's like he has some kind of magic power that completely enthrals certain people. I'd say it was his charisma but everytime I see him, or worse hear him talk, I just can't make it work. People are willing to ignore all of their prior personal beliefs for this guy, it's unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    MLB umpire threatens to buy guns and participate in civil war if Trump is impeached.

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-mlb-...234819500.html

Report: MLB investigating umpire's threatening tweet regarding Trump impeachment hearings
    Jason Owens
    Yahoo SportsOct 23, 2019, 4:48 PM

Veteran MLB umpire Rob Drake threatened on Twitter on Tuesday to buy an AR-15 for war over the impeachment hearings facing President Donald Trump, ESPN’s Jeff Passan reports.

The tweet was deleted shortly after it was posted, according to the report, and read “I will be buying an AR-15 tomorrow, because if you impeach MY PRESIDENT this way, YOU WILL HAVE ANOTHER CIVAL WAR!!! MAGA2020"
    Whew, that’s a relief. At least we know he won’t be able to hit anything.

In all seriousness, the guy should at least be put on extended leave and have a nice, long stay in a psych ward.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post
    Whew, that’s a relief. At least we know he won’t be able to hit anything.

In all seriousness, the guy should at least be put on extended leave and have a nice, long stay in a psych ward.
    Wouldn't surprise me if nothing happens so far there's been no response from the league or umpire....association(?).

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Casterbridge View Post
    I'm with you on this one, and I cannot make it work in my head. It's like he has some kind of magic power that completely enthrals certain people. I'd say it was his charisma but everytime I see him, or worse hear him talk, I just can't make it work. People are willing to ignore all of their prior personal beliefs for this guy, it's unreal.
    I can explain it.

Trump is both a reflection of themselves, and something they're told to aspire to.

Reflection due to him sharing their xenophobic, small minded world views. He tells them it's OK to be scared of anything that is different to Smalltown, U.S.A. that they were born in, and that they're right to be scared.

Aspire to, because he's the charichature definition of what being rich is. And they don't know better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Casterbridge View Post
    Because if they admit trump is wrong, they admit that the liberals were right.

And if the liberals were right about trump, what else might they be right about? Climate change? health care? Taxation? Civil rights?

Can’t have those things be true! So trump must be right. He has to be. War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2019-10-24 at 12:23 PM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Pretty much this. The republicans are assuming that the Democrats respect the rule of law and will never hold a supermajority again.

Gerrymandering, supporting “voter ID laws” that just so happen to disenfranchise minorities, ignoring bills that would enhance polling security, the stunt they pulled with the Supreme Court... they cant get themselves elected or operate within courts of law, so they’re fighting to change who gets to vote and what “legal” means.

That’s why stopping trump here and now is extremely important. Not just to get a dangerously incompetent moron out of a position of power, but to issue an utter rebuke of the current republican strategy of raping the American legal system..
    That's why it is so amazing the Dems are actually using Repubs tactics against them.

In 2015, the Repubs passed a law* that allowed them to have closed door impeachment inquiries. They did that because they assumed Hillary would win and they wanted an avenue to take her out. Now fast forward just a few years and the Dems are using that ploy to approach impeachment with the most corrupt man in the US and they are crying like the cowardly, pathetic and treasonous lot they are.

I hope there disgusting and anti patriotic acts of trying to steal the court and the presidency, awakens a sleeping giant in the American people and they Fat Man & Little Boy the Repubs into the ground so that maybe a law abiding and less insane conservative part y can grow form the ashes and do their part to bring us back to center.

EDIT-*should read "instituted a rule" instead of "passed a law". Thank you Skroe.
    Last edited by Bodakane; 2019-10-24 at 01:34 PM.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    That's why it is so amazing the Dems are actually using Repubs tactics against them.

In 2015, the Repubs passed a law that allowed them to have closed door impeachment inquiries. They did that because they assumed Hillary would win and they wanted an avenue to take her out. Now fast forward just a few years and the Dems are using that ploy to approach impeachment with the most corrupt man in the US and they are crying like the cowardly, pathetic and treasonous lot they are.

I hope there disgusting and anti patriotic acts of trying to steal the court and the presidency, awakens a sleeping giant in the American people and they Fat Man & Little Boy the Repubs into the ground so that maybe a law abiding and less insane conservative part y can grow form the ashes and do their part to bring us back to center.
    To be that guy, they "instituted a rule", not "passed a law". Management of activities in the House and Senate are done by rules which are in a sense, self regulation as to how business is managed. The House and Senate pass their own rules on how they manage themselves. For example in the Senate, the filibuster on legislation - needing 60 votes to end debate before legislation can get an up-down vote where the majority carries - is a rule, not a law, and that rule can be changed by the body.

Hate to be that guy but we need to remain clear in our language since our adversaries on other side trample all over it with reckless abandon.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    To be that guy, they "instituted a rule", not "passed a law". Management of activities in the House and Senate are done by rules which are in a sense, self regulation as to how business is managed. The House and Senate pass their own rules on how they manage themselves. For example in the Senate, the filibuster on legislation - needing 60 votes to end debate before legislation can get an up-down vote where the majority carries - is a rule, not a law, and that rule can be changed by the body.

Hate to be that guy but we need to remain clear in our language since our adversaries on other side trample all over it with reckless abandon.
    You are absolutely correct. Fixed original post. My bad and thank you.
    Last edited by Bodakane; 2019-10-24 at 01:34 PM.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

When the Democrats fail to impeach Trump what will be their next course of action to get him out of office?

Quote Originally Posted by Julez View Post
    When the Democrats fail to impeach Trump what will be their next course of action to get him out of office?
    We will make alt accounts on a message board and make stupid claims without facts, logic or reason........oh wait, looks like someone beat us to it.
    Last edited by Citizen T; 2019-10-24 at 03:41 PM. Reason: infracted for advertising

I'm sure you trumpsters won't mind if we go ask foreign governments to open up investigations on him. I mean that's perfectly acceptable in your playbook right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I don't care if he committed tax fraud. Scoring political victories and crushing the aspirations of your political opponents is more important than adhering to moral principles.
    Well at least they're being honest now.

Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    I'm sure you trumpsters won't mind if we go ask foreign governments to open up investigations on him. I mean that's perfectly acceptable in your playbook right?
    The Democrats already did that. They did it in 2016 when they sent members of the DNC to the Ukraine to gather dirt on Manafort. They also already did that when the DNC hired a foreign agent, Christopher Steele, to collude with the Russians to dig up dirt on Trump that is the Steele Dossier.

By the way Biden is not Trumps political rival. He is just one of 20 or so Democrats that are running. Until he actually secures the Democratic nomination he is nothing but another clown in the car.

Trump surviving impeachment and staying on the ballot is the worse case scenario for the GOP. It will guarantee the largest possible margins in all 2020 races.

It's not like he's going to stop fucking up or that scandals will stop seeing the light of day. All this shit that keeps happening will continue for another year. However much damage Trump has done to the GOP and his own reelection chances will only get worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    We will make alt accounts on a message board and make stupid claims without facts, logic or reason........oh wait, looks like someone beat us to it.
    Okay but what is the Democrats next plan of action when the impeachment fails?

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay but what is the Democrats next plan of action when the impeachment fails?
    Well, hopefully they play the same game as the GOP, and ask foreign countries to intervene in the election to help them out.

Maybe they could ask New Zealand to look for the locked up phone transcript, Belgium for all the emails on Trump's kids private phones, and Austria to look into the Minecraft server of Baron.

Edit: And just to clarify, this is satire. Before anyone starts foaming at the mouth.
    Last edited by Belize; 2019-10-24 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I’ll believe it when I see it.

Not because I don’t think trump is guilty; he’s guilty of this and any number of legal and moral failings.

Not because I think he should be president. The flies that would gather around a bowl of oatmeal left in the Oval Office would be a better president than he.

Not because I think (most of) the people of the United States want a president like this.

No, I’ll believe it when I see it because I don’t underestimate the ability of these rats to swarm together to obfuscate, squirm and deflect just enough for the proceedings to ultimately come to naught.

And that’s what zenkai, docsavagefan, Lockedout, Sulla and all those other interchangeable posters I can’t keep mentally separated in my head care about: that trump is strong enough to operate above the law. That he’s untouchable and morally inculpable, and that the republicans, their party, believe in him so heavily that they will move hell and earth to keep him above water, ALL to beat “the liberals.”

I’ll cheer when Donald trump is handing over the White House keys to a new president. Not a moment beforehand.
    Yet again I state if Trump is really guilty of breaking the law, then when it comes to impeachment I support it, not sure why this falls on deaf ears. I don't like Rich and powerful people being above the law, this why I was upset Clinton wasn't removed from office and it's the same reason why I know Trump won't be removed from office if he is guilty because partisans protect partisans.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Then you support impeachment as his multiple crimes have been laid out in public already. Good to know. Now you can stop pretending there's anything wrong with the process and wait for the public hearings next month.
    What crimes? The only thing I have seen so far is accusations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    What crimes? The only thing I have seen so far is accusations.
    See, this is where you make it clear that you're being dishonest.

You're saying you'll only support impeachment if he's guilty of a crime.

When someone points out the accusations and evidence, you do this, where he hasn't been convicted yet, so he's not technically "guilty".

Trump can't be found guilty of anything until he's impeached. Until that happens, what we've got is accusations and evidence. If you're not willing to assess those honestly, rather than engaging in bullshit semantic gamesmanship as you're insisting on, then you're not approaching this issue with any honesty whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    See, this is where you make it clear that you're being dishonest.

You're saying you'll only support impeachment if he's guilty of a crime.

When someone points out the accusations and evidence, you do this, where he hasn't been convicted yet, so he's not technically "guilty".

Trump can't be found guilty of anything until he's impeached. Until that happens, what we've got is accusations and evidence. If you're not willing to assess those honestly, rather than engaging in bullshit semantic gamesmanship as you're insisting on, then you're not approaching this issue with any honesty whatsoever.
    He hasn't been found guilty yet, do you know what is being said behind closed doors, do you have special access to what is being said in a SCIF? Sorry but I rather hear both sides of the story.