5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Banshee View Post
    cant see it NOOOOOOOO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    If tinkers will have mech suits, will they look like the D.va suit? If they would, that might cause problems with doorways and pathing in dungeons/raids - unless they are really small.
    Probably like Mekkatorque's suit for Gnomes, and the modified Shredder for Goblins. However the class would obviously have unique mech models.

Also if they keep it limited to the small races, getting through doorways and hallways shouldn't be a problem. I can imagine a Gnome, Vulpera, or Goblin in a mech being about the same height as fully armored male Draenei or Tauren.

Quote Originally Posted by Thatch Rackham View Post
    cant see it NOOOOOOOO
    It's a picture of a shirtless The Bolvar wielding what appears to be a runeblade with glowing runes fighting Sylvanas and three of her remaining Val'kyr at the top of Icecrown Citadel. The texture around them (not the ground) on the circle appears to be newer but it might not be as I haven't been to the top of ICC in a long time.
    On silken ebony wings the harbinger of death arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Probably like Mekkatorque's suit for Gnomes, and the modified Shredder for Goblins. However the class would obviously have unique mech models.

Also if they keep it limited to the small races, getting through doorways and hallways shouldn't be a problem. I can imagine a Gnome, Vulpera, or Goblin in a mech being about the same height as fully armored male Draenei or Tauren.
    Vulpera as tinkers literally makes no sense outside of having the Goblin rigs...

What do we collectively think the chances are for 9.0 to include an old world revamp? I am starting to prepare myself for the possibility that it won't happen.

Vulpera Tinkers is a terrible meme. The second Horde "tinker" is Mag'har. Deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Vulpera Tinkers is a terrible meme. The second Horde "tinker" is Mag'har. Deal with it.
    Actually going by the Island Expedition team it would be Undead.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Banshee View Post
    It's a picture of a shirtless The Bolvar wielding what appears to be a runeblade with glowing runes fighting Sylvanas and three of her remaining Val'kyr at the top of Icecrown Citadel. The texture around them (not the ground) on the circle appears to be newer but it might not be as I haven't been to the top of ICC in a long time.
    its the sword archimond drops in normal hellfire.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    ok awesome so its fake then

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Thank you. My eyes aren't what they used to be. Though this doesn't give it away as a fake conclusively. Though it probably is.

7+ Year Old Account
    Goddamit you guys.

First of all, so much fucken shitposting jeezus christ. I've been checking this thread occasionally throughout the day and it's like past 20+ pages of shitposts pretty much.

Also, everytime I see THE BOLVAR it sounds like when this guy says his name in his voice:

Thinking about naming my new kitten The Bolvar. He's a huge Maine Coon.

Quote Originally Posted by Veldoranz View Post
    What do we collectively think the chances are for 9.0 to include an old world revamp? I am starting to prepare myself for the possibility that it won't happen.
    They said back in 8.1 they weren't planning a full revamp but a gradually doing it over time. So I would say the chances of a total revamp of Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms is very low.

Quote Originally Posted by Veldoranz View Post
    most of the theories won't happen, or at least won't happen in the way the community are expecting. it happens with every xpac..

There's definitely some zones getting revamped in 9.0

We keep finding textures slipped in on accident of stuff, hell, we've had updated Westfall textures since 8.0 and no warfront or anything has happened there.

7+ Year Old Account
    That Discord screencap talking about a forum is probably talking about MMOC because the actual picture was posted a page or two before the screencap, lol.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post51755398
    Last edited by johnny download; 2019-10-25 at 12:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    I'm also in favour of Class Skins. But I refuse to be part of the 'make it a 4th spec' camp, because Classes are defined by their identities and Dark Rangers have a very clear different identity from Hunters and Death Knights.
    Well their differnce from hunters can be fixed with only one thing. Animations. More sick green, dark, necro stuff instead of current and undead pet and... we got dark ranger!

Even the Lich is absolutely tied to the Mage in that Kel'thuzad showed us that a Mage can become a Necromancer and a Lich and retain the use of Frost magic. That Frost magic doesn't go through any change, it simply is magic; and this was carried back into WoW where we see the Lich's spells front-and-center in the Mage Frost Spec. So in terms of lore, they drew a line between Mages and Shamans because they were separating class identities, but they didn't do so for Mages and Necromancers/Lichs/Death Knights because such a separation wasn't necessary yet.
    if i am not mistaken (and i am not based on wiki) first bunch of liches are orcs, who were with ner'zhul. So i guess them being tied to "frost" is only because scourge "theme" with LK being block of ice and having "Frostmounrne" as sword. But as we saw in WotLK and legion - being scourge =//= frost only. We saw scourge raise flame dragons from obsidian rest. We saw san'layn who were in fire magic after death. It just happened that they kept "lich" from WC3 back then.
    Even with Shadow, there was no difference between Priest Shadow and Warlock Shadow. It was the same as Death Knight and Necromancer Shadow too. Only recently does this now exist as 3 separate types of Shadow magic. And to be honest, this separation is growing considering Sylvanas has been shown to use a new type of Death magic that was not recognized by Thalyssra.
    we don't know what type of magic used by sylvanas. we presume that it was death, but we don't have confirmation about it.

With revisionist history applied to 'what we didn't know back then', we're creating a precedent where any loosely related material; however loose of a connection it may be; can be adapted into a full blown spec.

DK's having an entire Frost spec owes itself to one simple source - Frostmourne. This sword didn't even have anything Frost-related about it; it is simply in the name. Yet here we are with an entire spec out of it. they made it new when they needed this for class that wasn't very established in lore

If we apply that to any class concept, then it's easy to extrapolate entire specs out of just one common name. I mean, this is exactly how Monks have an entire Healing spec out of... a name that has absolutely no association to Brewmasters or... anything existing in WoW. The term Mists now has a very direct and immediate association to Monk Healing. they made new lore when it was needed for new class, that didn't had much before, with dark ranger it's nos the same situation

That being said, Dark Rangers have all that and then some with Sylvanas and her '6 degrees of separation' connections to all things Dark Ranger.
    - She was once a Banshee and has Banshee Powers. Banshees in Warfronts have a Healing ability - Precedent for Banshee Healing spec not every dark ranges is banshee especially those trained by Nathanos, also they are healers, so there won't be any Orcs or trolls healers, so "theme" of this warfront won't be broken, so we don't know if it's real healing capabilities and not gameplay feature
    - She has Shadow Dagger in HOTS, and is shown dual wielding against Saurfang. - Precedent for Dagger-based Melee spec with class skin surv will work, even if gameplay limit him to 2h only, it's still only gameplay
    - Her sisters are very close to her. - Precedent for Void and Arcane Ranger specs too big stretch like really TOO BIG, you can make void another class skin based on alleria, but hunter already have arcane shots
    - She has multiple Possession and Mind-control type abilities - Precedent for Mind Control/Manipulation spec she have them because of banshee and as i said - not every dark range is banshee
    - Black Arrow has numerous iterations, including being a simple shadow DoT, a Dark Minion generator, and a unit stunning ability. - Precedent for.. DoT, Summoner or Stun-based spec. bring back black arrow as skill

There is no limit here.
    there IS limit

I don't think current lore really means anhything. What was our 'Current lore' for Death Knight back in TBC? What was our 'Current lore' for Brewmasters and Monks before Mists of Pandaria? What was our 'Current lore' for Demon Hunters prior to Legion? If any of these classes were to be discussed, they were absolutely compared to existing classes and called to be 4th specs in one form or another.
    current lore was made exactly to address problems of "previous lore". They fix thing with chronicles, and now as they promised some thing will be different in WC3 reforged, so they suit current lore. Previous lore slowly retconed or fixed to fit whole picture

edit: like i said (or will say) Not every class worth of class slot., because some of them can be easily achieved with class skins feature that will remove big headache from balance team. while add some more work to animation team
    Last edited by Zorish; 2019-10-25 at 12:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    There's definitely some zones getting revamped in 9.0

We keep finding textures slipped in on accident of stuff, hell, we've had updated Westfall textures since 8.0 and no warfront or anything has happened there.
    Yup. Any leak that doesn't mention Westfall in some way is bullshit, considering we now have three mentions of Westfall stuff since 8.0.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofCazicThule View Post
    Vulpera as tinkers literally makes no sense outside of having the Goblin rigs...
    There's 1 vulpera NPC with tinker in it's name so that means vulpera can be tinkers. Also none of the other races with advanced technology like dwarves or draenei can be tinkers because of... um.... "Reasons."

Thus is the "logic" of tinker fanboys.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    There's 1 vulpera NPC with tinker in it's name so that means vulpera can be tinkers. Also none of the other races with advanced technology like dwarves or draenei can be tinkers because of... um.... "Reasons."

Thus is the "logic" of tinker fanboys.
    Its doubly funny because that Vulpera being labelled a tinker actively contradicts this notion that tinkers are these hyper advanced techies. Nope. Just a tinker.