Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    At least they released dire maul early so the kids that are usually around here to tell us that retail is dead and all that stuff are busy crafting ogre suits.
    The new Shadowlands leak is confirmed as coming from the Blizzard gear store, so that essentially confirms that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Which brings up the question of what they're doing in WoW to begin with.
    They probably are ok with it or aren't really paying attention and truthfully I agree technology shouldn't be in a fantasy setting but in some way... I've been ok with it in Warcraft.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    That is literally the story for every single Legion and BFA leveling zone.
    Think about it this way then?
    Why not make an entire expansion set entirely in Suramar? Visually you could make it the most interesting expansion we have seen, but being in a single city the entire expansion would get draining after a while when all the zones deal with the same problem just masked slightly differently.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by runebobo View Post
    I also dreaded a "grey" Shadowlands much like when the player is dead making their way back to their body. But I think there are plenty of death themes to choose from, from cultures all around the world.

"Bastion" in the Shadowlands sounds like it might be the starting off point for both Horde and Alliance, and a neutral city from which we'll operate.

Bastion looks very "Elysian", sort of like Greek folklore. Perhaps that is where the "honored dead" or "happy dead" are or something. And then the other dead souls are in other zones resembling other, probably darker forms. And some sort of balance is maintained, between heaven and hell.

Perhaps we're actually headed for a "war in heaven" ala Diablo.
    Greek you say?

7+ Year Old Account
    Which brings up the question of what they're doing in WoW to begin with.
    WoW is still like 90% traditional fantasy. Blizzard I believe even re-affirmed they're not gonna get too space-y (aka sci-fi aka tech-heavy)

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    That is literally the story for every single Legion and BFA leveling zone.
    Yeah, this. Plus, we know almost nothing about the Shadowlands. We don't know what kind of realm it is. Is it actually full of ghosts? Is it some hidden realm where life flourishes, and is a gateway? What races potentially live there? etc.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    This calls for exterminatus
    Come then you heroes. Come then in all your power and glory. For in the final hour, all must serve, the one, true, queen.

We've got so many different entities claiming dominion over death that I think we'll get each zone having a couple of them duking it out.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    So the overarching theme of the expansion is death, and then the overarching theme of the continent is death, and so is the theme of each individual zone.

Thematic variance is not the same as visual variance.
    Visually you can make as many zones as you want and have them be visually distinct, but in the end each zone would be about the same thing, it would just look different in each zone.
    Northrend, Outland, and Pandaria all had the same theme, and yet full continents were made with ease, with variety of themes and visual differences.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I also dreaded a "grey" Shadowlands much like when the player is dead making their way back to their body. But I think there are plenty of death themes to choose from, from cultures all around the world.

"Bastion" in the Shadowlands sounds like it might be the starting off point for both Horde and Alliance, and a neutral city from which we'll operate.

Bastion looks very "Elysian", sort of like Greek folklore. Perhaps that is where the "honored dead" or "happy dead" are or something. And then the other dead souls are in other zones resembling other, probably darker forms. And some sort of balance is maintained, between heaven and hell.

There's a lot pointing toward a "war in heaven" theme. Heck the groundwork for it was lain way back in Legion with an offhanded mention that Odyn saw life in the Shadowlands alongside death.

I just hope it's not one happy zone and then skulls and grey everywhere else. There's a lot of death to choose from, and we know Blizzard loves their continents full of illogically varied biomes.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    I take back how I tried to defend the wowhead comments earlier... now they are saying it might not even be the bolvar in the picture...
    Its Anduin.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Its Anduin.
    It's clearly LAVAMAN.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    They probably are ok with it or aren't really paying attention and truthfully I agree technology shouldn't be in a fantasy setting but in some way... I've been ok with it in Warcraft.
    Technology has been a part of the Warcraft universe since WC3. Possibly earlier.

Not to mention the very first expansion of the game took us into space with tentacle aliens that flew spaceships.

People who act like technology and sci-fi elements haven't been a part of the Warcraft universe haven't been paying all that much attention from the looks of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frood View Post
    What's up with this tweet from Towelliee? Is he just being cryptic? What does it mean

https://twitter.com/towelthetank/sta...09369134665729
    Probably that leak is fake. The logo there doesn't look anything like hte legit one.

I think a lot of people just guessed Shadowlands correctly and used it for fakes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Set up my laptop in the kitchen. Now I can cook while being hyped

Quote Originally Posted by slowpoke is a gamer View Post
    it's clearly lavaman.
    lavaman and the masters of the shadowlands

Quote Originally Posted by Renley View Post
    Northrend, Outland, and Pandaria all had the same theme, and yet full continents were made with ease, with variety of themes and visual differences.
    Try and think for a moment why the example i gave above of an entire expansion set entirely in Suramar wouldnt work, and the answer might just come to you.

If that doesnt convince you, i can always pull out the argument of Blizzard having showed the Emerald Dream aside despite it having just as much potential as the Shadowlands.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

5+ Year Old Account
    is this sparta?
    this is pandariaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    There's a lot pointing toward a "war in heaven" theme.
    Bastion, Bastion's Keep

Sanctuary and Azeroth in same universe CONFIRMED

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    Greek you say?
    Yes.
    Greek.

Incredibly good looking gods.
    Very interesting mythology.
    life-like white marble statues (fun fact: they were actually painted)
    Gyros.
    Lots of water.

Formerly known as Arafal