Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    People hate tinkers because of all the insane tinker fanboys whining on the forums. It's almost as bad as people asking for High Elves despite it making zero sense lorewise.
    I can literally think of one "insane tinker fanboy" poster and you can just put them on ignore if they bother you. There are topics other than Tinkers that get spammed and talked about way more.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Lore is the reason why we got Monks and it had nothing to do with fans demanding a Brewmaster to be playable, right? Because it was so naturally obvious that we would be discovering Pandaria after we beat Deathwing, right?
    We got Monks on the Basis of the Brewmaster hero because they fit into the Pandaren focussed expansion theme. Which means that considering that Shadowlands is basically confirmed, your argument is actually in favor of Dark Rangers or Necromancers for 9.0, lol xD

Quote Originally Posted by Shiza View Post
    Basically. I mean, Gnomes never contributed anything to the Alliance. They can't even reclaim their city from troggs xDDDDD

And there is no indication that gnomes have any involvement with the Gunships, the most impressive piece of alliance technology, considering that the entire design is purely human based. So basically, the most impressive tech in the Alliance is purely human done.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Gunship
    Born of tenacious gnomish and dwarven engineering, Alliance gunships tend to be more compact and incorporate a larger amount technology and machinery into their structures.

Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    There is nobody to miss me in WoW. I'm a solo casual.

They are not high fantasy class with nothing cool about them. Their origins are clearly arped considering gnomes and goblins.
    Hey, at least you're honest about it. If you're not trying to throw it up as a threat "omg change this or I quit" then I don't really have anything against it. You're welcome to think they are 'filth' if you prefer. Naturally, though, I will continue to disagree.

We got Monks on the Basis of the Brewmaster hero because they fit into the Pandaren focussed expansion theme. Which means that considering that Shadowlands is basically confirmed, your argument is actually in favor of Dark Rangers or Necromancers for 9.0, lol xD
    My argument is in favour of all classes. I don't play favourites.

When you use any reason to dismiss any class, you're using fallacies to do so. You simply can't dismiss any class concept on the basis of anything other than the one thing that drives Blizzard to design a class - Player demand. That is the only reasonable thing to discuss.

When you talk about lore? Foolish. Absolutely and undoubtedly.

If Blizzard can make Blood Elves playable on Horde and make you not only be comfortable with that decision, but COMPLETELY SUPPORT it, then it shows that they can do anything with lore. Including make Tinkers cool.

I mean honestly, tell me what Worgen and Goblins had to do with fighting Deathwing. There was practically no link between Gilneans and Goblins fighting the Twilights Hammer.

Even Pandaren ended up having nothing to do with fighting Garrosh. Their story hasn't been touched since MoP! And Monks literally had no reason to be made trainable for all races considering they added nothing to the story in MoP. The Alliance and Horde have no lore reason why they needed them at all, especially when the whole thing was about fighting the Sha and Garrosh and this was done by... ANY class.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2019-10-30 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Hey, at least you're honest about it. If you're not trying to throw it up as a threat "omg change this or I quit" then I don't really have anything against it. You're welcome to think they are 'filth' if you prefer. Naturally, though, I will continue to disagree.
    I won't quit, at worst I might skip expansion. I don't think Blizzard would care even a little. Even though I want Dragonsworn more than Dark Ranger I think it would be great to get to play Sylvanas loyalist for the whole exp as one of her trainees. And I don't even like Sylvanas.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I can literally think of one "insane tinker fanboy" poster and you can just put them on ignore if they bother you. There are topics other than Tinkers that get spammed and talked about way more.
    I agree. Also that one "insane Tinker fanboy" never said anything like this;

Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Tinkerfags must be sad. With a LK expansion they can say goodbye to Tinkers. Im happy.

Basically. I mean, Gnomes never contributed anything to the Alliance. They can't even reclaim their city from troggs xDDDDD

And there is no indication that gnomes have any involvement with the Gunships, the most impressive piece of alliance technology, considering that the entire design is purely human based. So basically, the most impressive tech in the Alliance is purely human done.
    Since I saw someone above already pointed out that you are incorrect about Alliance gunships, I'll focus on your contradictory first statement.
    So if Gnomes design and build a gyrocopter but a Human flies it, that makes the Gnome useless? If a Human designs and builds a gyrocopter, but a different Human flies it, does that make the first Human useless? This argument is absurd to the point of farcical.
    There are many references to how invaluable Gnomish technology was during the Second and Third Wars. Gnomish submarines and flying machines were well known and crucial. "Never contributed anything"?

Also the Gnomes can't reclaim Gnomeregan because the technological countermeasures of their own making were too devastating. The technology deployed against the Troggs was the bigger problem, not the Troggs themselves.

Also Lol at thinking Gnomish technology is weak. Activate the Mechoriginator and there goes all life on Azeroth.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Mechoriginator

I won't quit, at worst I might skip expansion. I don't think Blizzard would care even a little. Even though I want Dragonsworn more than Dark Ranger I think it would be great to get to play Sylvanas loyalist for the whole exp as one of her trainees. And I don't even like Sylvanas.
    You think it would be great to play as a Sylvanas Loyalist for an entire expansion, and you don't like Sylvanas. Okay, this doesn't really match up, but we'll go with that. Maybe there's context missing or something.

Either way, that's what I meant by "quit"--temporary, not necessarily permanently, just like any threat to "quit" is equally meaningless because it's just temporary until proven otherwise. Nothing wrong with skipping an expansion. Not every expansion will appeal to everyone. I've barely played in BFA and I'm sure I'm not alone (I've only played to farm reps for allied races, and occasionally play them, and even then... not much). Didn't play much in WoD, either. If you're not happy, don't play, or perhaps wait and see.

What I don't get is how adding a class would be so offensive to you that, regardless of any other content, you'd skip the expansion. I mean, tinkers wouldn't be the only theme of the expansion and they would still exist when it was over, so this feels a little exaggerated to me. Are you just trying to say you'd be really frustrated that a class you didn't want was added over one you did? I mean, I don't think that's what you're saying, but I don't really understand the line of thought here.

Are you trolling or genuinely this ignorant? I'm not going to be rude here but it feels like you're trying bait something that doesn't even exist.

I am a huge tinker fan, and have always pushed that lorewise it makes sense to include multiple races. I have never met any tinker fans who obsess over them being gnome/goblin only; the vast majority (even if they wanted them to be) realize that making them gnome/goblin only would be a very bad idea anyways.
    The biggest and loudest Tinker fan here insists on them being gnome/goblin only. But apparently he is currently banned so we won't be hearing from him in this thread.

There is no source to support this part, the first source link that follows leads to their own wikipedia page about the Skyfire. So, yeah, nice fancanon here, give me something from the game or sources officially recognized by Blizzard as canon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hated Mechagnome Player View Post
    Since I saw someone above already pointed out that you are incorrect about Alliance gunships, I'll focus on your contradictory first statement.
    So if Gnomes design and build a gyrocopter but a Human flies it, that makes the Gnome useless? If a Human designs and builds a gyrocopter, but a different Human flies it, does that make the first Human useless? This argument is absurd to the point of farcical.
    There are many references to how invaluable Gnomish technology was during the Second and Third Wars. Gnomish submarines and flying machines were well known and crucial. "Never contributed anything"?

Also the Gnomes can't reclaim Gnomeregan because the technological countermeasures of their own making were too devastating. The technology deployed against the Troggs was the bigger problem, not the Troggs themselves.
    That the Gnomes were involved in the Gunships was proven to be fancanon, as the wiki was unable to source it.

Actually I'm curious of your thoughts of Class Skins.

Would you consider this enough material to explore? Or are you only interested in a new class for new mechanics specifically?

I personally think Class Skins are the best way to roll out multiple new identities, and I'd be more than happy with em.

You think it would be great to play as a Sylvanas Loyalist for an entire expansion, and you don't like Sylvanas. Okay, this doesn't really match up, but we'll go with that. Maybe there's context missing or something.

Either way, that's what I meant by "quit"--temporary, not necessarily permanently, just like any threat to "quit" is equally meaningless because it's just temporary until proven otherwise. Nothing wrong with skipping an expansion. Not every expansion will appeal to everyone. I've barely played in BFA and I'm sure I'm not alone (I've only played to farm reps for allied races, and occasionally play them, and even then... not much). Didn't play much in WoD, either. If you're not happy, don't play, or perhaps wait and see.

What I don't get is how adding a class would be so offensive to you that, regardless of any other content, you'd skip the expansion. I mean, tinkers wouldn't be the only theme of the expansion and they would still exist when it was over, so this feels a little exaggerated to me. Are you just trying to say you'd be really frustrated that a class you didn't want was added over one you did? I mean, I don't think that's what you're saying, but I don't really understand the line of thought here.
    Yeah, because she provides trees to burn and people to gas. I fancy her goals but I dislike her personally. Good girl with an old woman voice. If only she sounded sexier then maybe I would join her mindless cult.

yeah, I simply want a class that I like. New classes are one of the main reasons I come back to WoW. And really cool new races.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually I'm curious of your thoughts of Class Skins.

Would you consider this enough material to explore? Or are you only interested in a new class for new mechanics specifically?

I personally think Class Skins are the best way to roll out multiple new identities, and I'd be more than happy with em.
    Sure, I'm all for Dragonflame Death Knight. I'm interesting in themes and vfx. I need that edge to immerse myself.

Yeah, because she provides trees to burn and people to gas. I fancy her goals but I dislike her personally. Good girl with an old woman voice. If only she sounded sexier then maybe I would join her mindless cult.

yeah, I simply want a class that I like. New classes are one of the main reasons I come back to WoW. And really cool new races.
    Welp... I admire your blunt honesty, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by DotEleven View Post
    Well, yeah, but DH is a bit of an issue (because it was hard for them to even come up with 2 specs), as far as pruning goes they've already stated they've gone too far and want to bring back more class identity so it is possible they could go back on the right track.
    Yeah I just feel 2 spec classes is going to be the new thing, and yeah I was glad when they admitted the pruning thing. Can't wait to see what they have done about it, gonna be awesome to have more abilities again.

- - - Updated - - -

This is where I stand on all classes.

I'm open to all class concepts being playable in WoW on the basis that Blizzard has a formula set, and they're designing classes like madlibs.

They might start with something absolutely new and fresh, but a couple expansions in everything gets homogenized to the point where all specs are just derivatives of each other. That's the only way they see balancing all specs in this game.

So in the end it doesn't matter if it's a Necromancer or a Tinker or a Dark Ranger. It's all gonna fit within the standard we expect to see classes today. This isn't Heroes of the Storm we're talking about where they can pull out a completely radical concept like Deathwing as a playable Hero.
    Exactly, wish they would stop with the homogenized bs

There is no source to support this part, the first source link that follows leads to their own wikipedia page about the Skyfire. So, yeah, nice fancanon here, give me something from the game or sources officially recognized by Blizzard as canon.
    Then tell us who would create a bigger version Gnomish Gyroscope/Flying Machine? There's no reason to think the Gnomes didn't have a hand in it unless you have some agenda.

5+ Year Old Account
    Imagine this:

You enter the arena. There's a furry bastard riding inside an oversized mech. You destroy the mech and the furry bastard grins at you before pulling out another mech from under his tail.

Please no. No yiff in WoW.
    Moon Guard Goldshire beat you to the punch years ago.

They migh as well just give druid a class re-skin and make them functionally the same, but different flavor and quest-design.

I'd advocate this for all classes relevant, so all races can be anything, but with a lore-correct skin. Like Nightborne 'paladins' being more like war-mages or 'magic warriors'. As an example.

Re-skinning death knights might be more difficult though...

- - - Updated - - -

Imagine this:

You enter the arena. There's a furry bastard riding inside an oversized mech. You destroy the mech and the furry bastard grins at you before pulling out another mech from under his tail.

Please no. No yiff in WoW.
    What players do is a player problem, interesting content shouldn't be cut because a minority in the playerbase is in to something you aren't.

Then tell us who would create a bigger version Gnomish Gyroscope/Flying Machine? There's no reason to think the Gnomes didn't have a hand in it unless you have some agenda.
    They have a purely human design pattern with no gnomish influences, so we can assume that they are a purely human creation.