Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    As I said, the artwork doesn't match the style or quality of the "Bastion" art. That's plenty enough for me to discredit it, but maybe I'm just an asshole.
    Blizzard uses multiple artists for concept art. Some are better than others in different ways.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    The Shadowlands being just one city and a spirit-y desert would be so disappointing.
    Don't worry. A continent is generally 6 zones. We have only seen two. I'm pretty sure most of the Shadowlands have actual shadows.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    And the op is empty

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frood View Post
    Although I don't think the 4chan "leak" is real, there are plenty of examples of uncomplicated concept art from Blizzard. Here's an example from Val'sharah in Legion:

Concept art serves one purpose: To explain an idea or an aesthetic to the developers, prop and/or environment artists. If a 5-minute sketch can do that, it's technically concept art. If a dev gets a cool idea and isn't good at drawing, but wants to explain their idea, it's still concept art.

Not really a valid argument either. Concept art is made by different people. If anything that proves it isn't made by the same person, thereby increasing the authenticity.
    The artwork you linked is very well made and detailed though, so I don't get your point.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Btw the Bastion art in the new leak has an artist's signature on it. Anyone can identify/read it? Do Blizzard's concept pieces have signatures?
    I recognize an a-k-a-j in the middle.

Formerly known as Arafal

The artwork you linked is very well made and detailed though, so I don't get your point.
    I didn't say it was bad, I just meant it was around the same level of complexity as the Riftlands image. Would you disagree?

Guys have you Seen this one? Looks like concept art for a ghostly desert or something.

Btw the Bastion art in the new leak has an artist's signature on it. Anyone can identify/read it? Do Blizzard's concept pieces have signatures?

Where did you see any signature on this pic ?

I have seen it before, but can't swear on it. But all the artists have their own portfolios with previous concept art, so it's very possible.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kleym View Post
    Where did you see any signature on this pic ?
    Lower right corner.

That's a sig.

Formerly known as Arafal

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    Guys have you Seen this one? Looks like concept art for a ghostly desert or something.

Give it an hour and either Bellular or Pyromancer will make a vid out of it.

7+ Year Old Account
    I was sure that was just some grass...
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

10+ Year Old Account
    Woke up, browsed a little bit on the thread and saw that one image that I'm not going to mention its name. Now my day is ruined.
    [/URL]

I agree with this. The perspective and scale in that art is excellent and gives a clear idea of the concept. The colours are well selected and clearly delineate the atmosphere that Blizzard intended for the zone. The rifts painting that was posted was of a far lower quality, and just seems off in general.

Lower right corner.

That's a sig.
    Isn't it grass ?

5+ Year Old Account
    Nothing will leak until like a few hours before the announcement just like with BFA

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    I was sure that was just some grass...
    Now that you mention it....

I think it is.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Now that you mention it....

I think it is.
    Is this gonna be the next midget warlord on loading screen?
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Give it an hour and either Bellular or Pyromancer will make a vid out of it.
    "We've had our graphic designer John look at this art and it's very similar to previous Blizzard art, so uh yeah. This preeetty much confirms we're going to some dead desert which is likely in the Shadowlands. Before we continue I want to remind you that this month is Shitty-Leak-Video month and our Patreon supporters will get some sweet looking art!"

Quote Originally Posted by oldgods View Post
    "We've had our graphic designer John look at this art and it's very similar to previous Blizzard art, so uh yeah. This preeetty much confirms we're going to some dead desert which is likely in the Shadowlands. Before we continue I want to remind you that this month is Shitty-Leak-Video month and our Patreon supporters will get some sweet looking art!"
    "This video is sponsored by Raid: Shadow Legends!"