Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Stop right there criminal scum!

Bloodsail Admiral Colonel Sandor's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    I will not be disappointed. It shall be enough to see THE BOLVAR in all his ULTRA HD magnificence
    Blessed be the day, the king has risen.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I'm not saying legiondaries were perfect, but generally speaking if you played to the degree where having your BiS was important, you got your BiS pretty quickly
    Sure you did...

Let us completely gloss over it being bad enough during Emerald Nightmare that players were recruiting and giving raid spots to players almost solely for having the correct legendary, made even worse by the hidden cap on legiondaries you could get until a dev fessed up when pressed.

Legiondaries were atrocious in the first part of Legion, getting the correct one could be the difference of 10% of your DPS, sometimes more, and those with bad luck getting saddles with things like the ring, which might be the only one they got for weeks while their guildies got BiS ones all around them.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ATZenith View Post
    But yeah, everyone pretended like they were mythic raiders and cried about it
    I think you're missing the point. They didn't "pretend they were mythic raiders", they just wanted the thing they wanted, particularly because everyone was telling them it was the thing that they needed.

I don’t care what people said, legendaries were fun. It made every world quest fun. I enjoyed grinding them. I got flying easily. But yeah, everyone pretended like they were mythic raiders and cried about it
    Long time motivation is the magical word here. Sure, I will get hate for this, but I liked the fact that even a lousy heroic dungeon was able to give me an nice upgrade in legion.
    I don't think I even entered a single heroic dungeon in BFA.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    HAHAHA This is why I enjoy your presence <3

7+ Year Old Account
    Then you were unluckly nearly everyone I played with had at least one of their BiS in the first 2 months - and I was unlucky to, I mained mage and didn't get the timewarp ring until 7.2 but that's the way it goes
    Exactly, because it was shitty RNG. Half of my raid roster was like that, and when you have to bench players because they didn't get the RNG bis legendary that is shit game design. It wasn't until the 7.2 currency that we could try to target a specific slot and hope we don't get something from a random source to reset bad luck protection
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Tiradon View Post
    Ceremony at 16:30 UK time?
    18:00 uk time

I don’t care what people said, legendaries were fun. It made every world quest fun. I enjoyed grinding them. I got flying easily. But yeah, everyone pretended like they were mythic raiders and cried about it
    Yes or perhaps, you know. There are thousands of mythic raiders and the legendary system did in fact suck ass in early legion. Happy for the people that got lucky, a lot didnt. And it ruined their character for months.

Maybe there's no trademark because you don't buy it?

5 hours and 5 minutes left

7+ Year Old Account
    I just got news that I need to be in a taxi by 7:45 AM tomorrow for a work related conference

Guess no late night hype for 9.0 for me (still will be able to catch some panels since it starts at 7PM)
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Ariamis View Post
    Good Class design doesn’t necessarily mean plenty of buttons. We definitely went too far in the wrong direction, but I’d rather see passives that change up the flow of a spec than just adding another button. Abilities like Aftershock, Divine Purpose, and Pyroclasm should return as baseline.

I’d also like offensive cooldowns that aren’t just 30% more of the thing you want. And defensives that aren’t just static damage reductions.

I’d be okay with better interactions among what we already have, rather than adding stuff just for the sake of it.
    That is true, but it still was the start of the downfall. They stared cutting a lot of buttons after MoP, which left the classes feeling empty and shit. They are still recovering from it.

Quote Originally Posted by courze View Post
    Maybe there's no trademark because you don't buy it?
    Why would I buy a trademark?

Quote Originally Posted by Revaniter92 View Post
    5 hours and 5 minutes left
    I can TASTE the sweat that's festering on the MAIL of those tinkers

10+ Year Old Account
    Then you were unluckly nearly everyone I played with had at least one of their BiS in the first 2 months - and I was unlucky to, I mained mage and didn't get the timewarp ring until 7.2 but that's the way it goes
    I feel you, as a Resto Shaman I was looking forward to a couple of different legendaries...and what I got was Sephuz's Secret. This was back before Sephuz got buffed so it was legitimately one of the worst ones. It really killed my enthusiasm. All my friends were happy about their fun new toys while I just sobbed a bit.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Removing T-Sets, artifacts AND legendaries all at the same time while not even offering a new talent row was the biggest mistake in class design ever.
    i think they've made bigger mistakes before that.. when they started pruning

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    I think you're missing the point. They didn't "pretend they were mythic raiders", they just wanted the thing they wanted, particularly because everyone was telling them it was the thing that they needed.
    People need to grow up though. 80% of the people were complaining because they saw others complaining. And that’s the true point. You’re right, people were telling others what they should believe. And that’s why we didn’t have anything fun or interesting in BFA. Just some basic ass Azerite system.

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    That is true, but it still was the start of the downfall. They stared cutting a lot of buttons after MoP, which left the classes feeling empty and shit. They are still recovering from it.
    they're not recovering, its getting worse each expansion

As of D4, for the people saying no D4 in 2020, take two things into consideration: The project reboot was in early 2016, so it is in development for more than 3 years, and they had a ton of existing assets from the first iteration they could (and most likely did) reuse.