Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Wut?

How? Old talents you had finite point allocation, artifacts weapons didn't... artifacts wasn't so much about unlocking to tailor it to what you want and need like old talent system, it was just about what you would go for first, but in the end you unlocked everything.

Old talent system gave choices that resulted in different tree configurations. Artifact weapons all ended up at the same tree you just chose which parts you grew first.
    It also enabled steady character growth due to it not having a finite resource.

The fundamentals of both old and new talents are vastly different from Artifact weapons in my eyes.
    The functionality was still the same. That total possible and maximum available points for spending match up was a technicality. They knew how these systems worked.

And for that matter, old talents never truly gave you all that much choice. Even leaving cookie-cutters aside, you rarely actually had all that many free points.

Quote Originally Posted by Noraver View Post
    I played Resto Shaman in Legion, and my first Legendary was the healing leggings.
    3% of my HP per second. I was super upset about it. They ended up buffing them, which was fine.
    But you know what? I learned to love those pants, and I kept them on the entire expansion, despite getting healing throughput Legendaries. They let me heal through (and almost completely ignore) dangerous mechanics. It benefited me and my raid group massively. We downed Mythic Argus for Cutting Edge, and I owe a lot of it to those legs.

I understand a lot of DPS players hated utility Legendaries, but if they looked past the "I hate everything except a DPS boost", they would've realized that some things could have benefited them more.
    That's an unpopular opinion as well, and despite Cutting Edge world first raiders using the shield necklace, perception was still "Everything but a DPS boost is trash", because people focus too much on numbers.
    They made those legs bis because they worked on the cloud healing totem. A bit dishonest to compare that to a leech chest for demon hunters that didnt do anything except have a higher item lvl.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    So what's the latest "this is real" leak?
    Shadowlands #69
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    I actually agree with this. Especially when Classes in Legion felt incomplete without their Artifact. Then Blizzard didn't give enough back once taking the Artifacts away.
    Balance was effectively unplayable until the BfA rework happened. Which is probably why it is one of the best specs now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Shadowlands #69
    No, no, we agreed on Shadowlands Nr. 5.

One, two, three four five...

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    Agreed! I'd love it if they took what worked well in the last few expansions and just went forward with that. Unfortunately I'm worried they'll announce with the expansion "Good news! This expansion will feature a NEW system known as blahblahblah and we're really looking forward to seeing how you all enjoy it."
    Would love if teh next expansion has a Legendary questline like MoP and WoD.

It wasn't perfect, but it did give players a real tangible sense of each patch making them stronger and not just changing gear.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post

It wasn't perfect, but it did give players a real tangible sense of each patch making them stronger and not just changing gear.
    I'd like this too.

No, because that would be a shitty thing to do on that scale...

And we don't know of any of the text leaks is real...
    You know what else is a shitty thing to do? Ban a winner of your competition for speaking up for democracy and freedom, especially when you're an american company, wups, huh?

Yeeeah, so I'm firmly of the belief those leaks were done intentionally in order to draw focus away from the pr shitstorm and get people talking about blizzcon and be hyped instead.

Edit: Lol, which one of you losers were so salty that you had to report me? I'm simply using an actual thing blizzard has done as an example for the ridiculesness they will commit themselves to in order to reach a goal. Whether it is to appease a dictatorship or to create hype.
    Last edited by Spurious; 2019-11-01 at 01:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post

I too am down for this idea.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

5+ Year Old Account
    I REALLY don't think we're getting a new class

I'd love to have something like class halls again where your environment changes as you progress through the campaign/missions. We'll all be over the moon to see that dreaded ship with the useless mission table GO!

Quote Originally Posted by HailArthas View Post
    I'd like this too.
    While i don't think it necessarily has to be a legendary at the end, it does have to be a tangible benefit to your raiding experience. The Legion balance of power questline was fun and all, but it didn't really feel all that important compared to even the simple ring you got at 98 in WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spurious View Post
    You know what else is a shitty thing to do? Ban a winner of your competition for speaking up for democracy and freedom, especially when you're an american company, wups, huh?

Yeeeah, so I'm firmly of the belief those leaks were done intentionally in order to draw focus away from the pr shitstorm and get people talking about blizzcon and be hyped instead.
    While I agree with your sentiment (haven't bought any Blizzard stuff recently due to the HS stuff) it probably won't end well trying to make a conversation out of it.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Unpopular opinion: Legion class design revolving around artifacts that were planned to be taken away after Legion is what cause a lot of the shitty class design in BfA.
    Is that really an unpopular opinion?

To me that seems like a cold, hard, fact. Legion's class design was not well-regarded until the artifacts were powered up somewhat, and it was obvious that when they did the early BfA stuff, they'd just stripped away 80-95% of the abilities and traits added in Legion, which meant we were back to beginning-of-Legion class design with a couple of tweaks which was er, not good.

If they'd just retained most of the Legion stuff (just ditch the boring numeric stuff), they'd have been in a much better place.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spurious View Post

Yes, because a victory speech at a gaming tournament is no place to talk about you political views, no matter how right or wrong they were. Would be same consequences if the winner said "Vote for X in next elections"

End of discussion on this topic, if you wish to further discuss it find it in the Off Topic section of this forum

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    Good choice! The artworks look nice!
    I've always loved the Diablo aesthetics (gothic/dark/supernatural is totally up my alley) but D2 was super old once I was intrigued enough to try and D3 already being out. Though for some reason I couldn't get into D3, it felt slow and the click to move (something I was new to) felt super strange.

But since then I've played some LoL and click to move feels a bit more natural now. So hoping to get into the franchise with this one. I love the cinematics from D3 and storytelling (LOOOOVE Tyrael <3)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Is that really an unpopular opinion?

To me that seems like a cold, hard, fact. Legion's class design was not well-regarded until the artifacts were powered up somewhat, and it was obvious that when they did the early BfA stuff, they'd just stripped away 80-95% of the abilities and traits added in Legion, which meant we were back to beginning-of-Legion class design with a couple of tweaks which was er, not good.

If they'd just retained most of the Legion stuff (just ditch the boring numeric stuff), they'd have been in a much better place.
    Well I thought it was unpopular since most people blamed Azerite as the cause and not the fact that they took away too much at end of legion, but seems like its quite a popular opinion after all.

Quote Originally Posted by uzira View Post
    I REALLY don't think we're getting a new class
    #teamnonewclass

and there will barely be any revamps, youll get some skills back that they removed over the years and eat it up, because they know you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    That'd be great but I just really hope they wouldn't remove the questline after the expansion, as they did with the MoP legendary. That story was interesting and new players dont get to experience it :/
    Yeah, that was a bummer.

The actual legendary cloak i get why they removed. it was iconic and they wanted players who got it to feel like they achieved something cool, and a reward that becomes unavailable after some time feels good for the players no matter how pointless the event was. Like the core hound mount you got from the 2014 event.

we shall see when we get to the what's next panel for WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Balance was effectively unplayable until the BfA rework happened. Which is probably why it is one of the best specs now.

- - - Updated - - -

No, no, we agreed on Shadowlands Nr. 5.

One, two, three four five...
    nah its the leak that people cant see yet bolvar found out murloc are able to make children so fast that he got a army of death knight murlocs
    murloc keeps spiting those eggs out of their mouth

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by C-LO1979 View Post
    #teamnonewclass

and there will barely be any revamps, youll get some skills back that they removed over the years and eat it up, because they know you will.
    Love the pessimism. Keep it up please