Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

China Planning to "educate" Hong Kongers.

Even more reason to support Hong Kong Democracy.

"China plans to ramp up efforts to integrate Hong Kong with the mainland by strengthening patriotic education and retooling the city’s political and economic system, amid continuing protests against Beijing’s growing influence in the former British colony."

https://www.wsj.com/articles/china-p...ls-11572617038
    Last edited by szechuan; 2019-11-01 at 07:51 PM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Yes, clearly being more authoritarian is the way to end protests against an authoritarian government. Brilliant!

China's government is a shitty, shitty regime.

Stop doing business with them, starve their government into a democracy.

China is getting soft. Usually they just genocide groups of people they dislike.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post

Actually they are prepping to replace the US as the world's superpower.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    China is getting soft. Usually they just genocide groups of people they dislike.

- - - Updated - - -

Shall I repeat myself? They are a shitty, shitty regime.

It's weird how often people try to step in to defend authoritarianism.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Yes, clearly being more authoritarian is the way to end protests against an authoritarian government. Brilliant!
    If a group of rust belt republicans revolted in the US, I'm sure many who denounce China today would say we need to re-educate them to integrate them with the rest of the culture. Although a fair number would probably just call them traitors and want them shot.

- - - Updated - - -

Shall I repeat myself? They are a shitty, shitty regime.

It's weird how often people try to step in to defend authoritarianism.
    Im not defending anything. The truth is China is MUCH bigger than the US and its gonna happen. They will replace the US as the worlds superpower.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

If a group of rust belt republicans revolted in the US, I'm sure many who denounce China today would say we need to re-educate them to integrate them with the rest of the culture. Although a fair number would probably just call them traitors and want them shot.
    No, it'd be more akin to one of our territories like Samoa or Puerto Rico deciding they wanted to be independent.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Oh dont worry, they are doing this to muslims. They force them to eat pork and other stuff and who knows how many died in those camps.
    They cant use guns as everyone is watching them and it could be a excuse for sanctions or even war.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    No, it'd be more akin to one of our territories like Samoa or Puerto Rico deciding they wanted to be independent.
    no because those territories are not rich. Hong Kong is a high value region. The rust belt is still a high value region.

no because those territories are not rich. Hong Kong is a high value region. The rust belt is still a high value region.
    Still not comparable. The Rust Belt is a full part of our country. Hong Kong is an autonomous region. Closest analog in the US is our territories.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Oh dont worry, they are doing this to muslims. They force them to eat pork and other stuff and who knows how many died in those camps.
    They cant use guns as everyone is watching them and it could be a excuse for sanctions or even war.
    well i agree war is coming. altho it will be nuclear war. ww3.

10+ Year Old Account
    All money that China launders goes via them, as their currency is wortless to the rest of the world and they need us dolars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка

- - - Updated - - -

One shitty imperial power for another, the rest of the world won't notice.

10+ Year Old Account
    One of the manifestations of the United States descent is its inability to keep its foreign policy consistent, how it cannot be trusted to keep commitments it has made - evil Winne the Pooh's plans for Hong Kong are China quadrupling down on the same strategy; Xi is telling everyone on Earth that they can trust China to act like Russia (as aggressive as possible in pursuit of its own immediate interests) and that agreements with the PRC aren't worth the ink they're written with.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

10+ Year Old Account

That's really the only solution. The less stakes US businesses have in China the less they have an influence over US businesses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    That's really the only solution. The less stakes US businesses have in China the less they have an influence over US businesses.
    That will cost them money, so that will never happen under the current system.

- - - Updated - - -

Im not defending anything. The truth is China is MUCH bigger than the US and its gonna happen. They will replace the US as the worlds superpower.
    Nah, violent and shitty regimes are violent and shitty.

- - - Updated - - -

I think it should be done on a personal basis, stop buying products from China. It's why I have yet to update my desktop, and won't until they fix their shit.

I honestly cannot remember the last time I bought something from China.

Based China. I wish we could do this stuff here in the US to the anti trump people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Break The Ice View Post
    Based China. I wish we could do this stuff here in the US to the anti trump people.
    Our soldiers died for the freedom that you want to toss away in this statement.

Our soldiers died for the freedom that you want to toss away in this statement.
    He just wants to go full fascist mode. And get rid of free speech and democracy.