Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    But hey, these are forums where a large amount of people haven't enjoyed anything Blizzard's put out for a decade or more, yet they're still here, still buying said products, still talking about them. It might be angry money, but it's still money, and WoW in particular will carry on as long as it keeps earning money.
    Thank goodness for these angry money people, so they can keep help supporting the game I enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    Why will Blizzard just wipe all the character progression and all these years just goes down the toilet. 120 to 50 is just big slap to the face and all these years feel now pointless. Why not just stat squish?
    Well they haven't wiped anything away. If you have played for 13+ years you must have enjoyed it, it isn't like that was retroactively taken from you. You asked about a stat squish, a level squish isn't really any different. At this point you level up rather rapidly as a silly rate and this will make it so you don't do that and aren't dozens of hours from level cap if you are new or on an alt. Altering the level number displayed in game in no way alters how you will play your current characters.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Does it?

Because so far I've yet to see if the level squish actually shortens the leveling period. There are less levels, but are they just as easily obtained as they are now, or are they increasing the xp requirement of each level?
    Have to wait and see on that. If you level 1-50 through Northrend I would suspect that might take longer than just going 70-80 in Northrend. Don't know though for certain. Leveling though an expansion's zones feels like a neat idea to me while I'm thinking about it.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    Exactly, so the squish is pointless. This is all to appeal to people that find numbers scary.
    The squish isn't pointless given how they're changing the leveling process for 1-50. As it looks, people will be able to choose exactly what expansion(s) they want to level through and which they'd prefer to avoid completely. I've already gone through the process of lvling at least one of each class to max and I see nothing lost with this new approach. In fact, this will be a welcome change to anyone looking to reroll or level new alts in the future. We still don't know exactly how it will work out, but I think we can be pretty certain given the wording that going from 10-50 will be a lot more manageable and fluid than having to slog through 8 different expansions (some still existing in very different lore time zones) just to get from 1-120.

It's not the numbers that are scary, but to keep the current level numbers with this new leveling change would mean that you'd be dinging about 15-20 times per zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I agree, especially after leveling one of every class to 120... what's even the purpose of a new 120 boost if it's getting squished to 50? What the hell level are my level 80 twinks going to be!?
    You get the level boost to 120 right meow if you pre-order (Probably) and then your boosted character goes to level 50

level 80, given that 120 is going to be level 50 let's see
    120 / 50 = 2.4
    80 / 2.4 = 33,33333
    rounded upwards is 34

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    The funniest part of all this is it doesn't even appear like they're doing an item squish, only a level one. You're still gonna roll into the xpac with 480 ilvl if you currently play(the demo characters are literally 345 in BFA blues) and have mostly the same stats you do now.

They're doing it so when you ding, you get something. That simple. No other numbers are changing.
    They are doing both. Just less for the ilev etc. A tank has 150k hp with 350 item level. Sloot said they squished health by at least half.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    you do realize it gonna take aproximately the same time from 1 to 120 as 1 to 50 after the squish yeah ? So if you level to 120 now and get squished to 50 or level from 1 to 50. Its the same. You are not saving any time by waiting
    Not likely if you can pick which expansion to lvl from 10-50 through. I could be wrong, but I doubt that the current time it takes to go from 1-120 will be the same amount of time players spend getting to 50 with the new system.

Based on the updates, it looks like lvls 10-50 should take roughly as long as 110-120 since you'd be able to do that all through BFA (or choose a different expansion to prepare for Shadowlands).
    Last edited by Adamas102; 2019-11-02 at 03:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Have to wait and see on that. If you level 1-50 through Northrend I would suspect that might take longer than just going 70-80 in Northrend. Don't know though for certain. Leveling though an expansion's zones feels like a neat idea to me while I'm thinking about it.
    It seems to shorten it somewhat, now that I read the frontpage.

We’ve adjusted the experience curve to make it faster than ever to prepare for the newest challenges, and each level along the way will provide more meaningful increases in progress and power. All expansion zones are getting more flexible, too; they’ll be able* to scale to you and your friends while you level to 50, so it’s easy to try a zone you’ve never played.

But I guess it's cool you can choose your expansion, instead of hopscotch through them, doing tiny pieces of each one.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    Exactly, so the squish is pointless. This is all to appeal to people that find numbers scary.
    If you actually believe that argument of yours, then I've got a bridge to sell you. It's located in London, prime real estate!

They've literally laid out the reasoning behind the level squish, and it's been requested by players for years and years that they rework leveling. You're just ignoring it so you can continue your tantrum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Did you feel like you were nerfed with the stat squish in 8.0 too?
    Hah. The funny thing is that Blizz had to nerf Timewalking content EXTENSIVELY after the 8.0 stat squish so that it was playable. So yea, not only did it FEEL like we got nerfed...

We actually DID get nerfed. Extensively.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    They did state it will be faster to reach max level than now, but not by how much.

"We’ve adjusted the experience curve to make it faster than ever to prepare for the newest challenges, and each level along the way will provide more meaningful increases in progress and power. All expansion zones are getting more flexible, too; they’ll be able* to scale to you and your friends while you level to 50, so it’s easy to try a zone you’ve never played."

1-10 = Brand new experience made for Shadowlands
    11-50 = Wherever you want
    50-60 = Shadowlands

Based off of what was provided so far, it seems like 11-50 will take as much time as any particular expansion leveling experience.

I agree, especially after leveling one of every class to 120... what's even the purpose of a new 120 boost if it's getting squished to 50? What the hell level are my level 80 twinks going to be!?
    Level boost goes to 120 right now because that's still the current max level at this point, when Shadowlands releases your 120 character will become level 50

As for your level 80 character let's see
    120 / 50 = 2,4
    80 / 2,4 = 33,333∞
    Or rounded up 34

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Does it?

Because so far I've yet to see if the level squish actually shortens the leveling period. There are less levels, but are they just as easily obtained as they are now, or are they increasing the xp requirement of each level?
    What I'm hearing is that a single exansion leveling area offers a lot of your time played per character than what it does now, meaning that you'd need only maybe 3-4 expansion zones rather than going through 6 like we do now.

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    Why will Blizzard just wipe all th120 to 50 is just big slap to the face and all these years feel now pointless. Why not just stat squish?
    Nope - the progress stays, they just decrease a single number.

I'm sure someone can write an addon to show your level as 2.4x just to make you feel better.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    you do realize it gonna take aproximately the same time from 1 to 120 as 1 to 50 after the squish yeah ? So if you level to 120 now and get squished to 50 or level from 1 to 50. Its the same. You are not saving any time by waiting
    I suppose, I'm just not clear on the lower levels, I have a bunch of 50's/60's/70's. But again, those numbers are arbitrary I guess.

Level boost goes to 120 right now because that's still the current max level at this point, when Shadowlands releases your 120 character will become level 50

As for your level 80 character let's see
    120 / 50 = 2,4
    80 / 2,4 = 33,333∞
    Or rounded up 34

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    We lost all that progress in the Ability Prune anyway, this is just canonizing what we lost.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    It is an interesting business decision though, considering it devalues level boosts.
    Which were never priced to sell.

They were kind of an admission to their leveling process being in shambles, making them available to entirely new players buying the latest expansion.
    Hopefully they remove the level boost once the changes go live.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    We lost all that progress in the Ability Prune anyway, this is just canonizing what we lost.
    They're revoking the ability prune, fyi.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Which were never priced to sell.

They were kind of an admission to their leveling process being in shambles, making them available to entirely new players buying the latest expansion.
    Hopefully they remove the level boost once the changes go live.

- - - Updated - - -

They're revoking the ability prune, fyi.
    Oh I know. I'm just saying saying this is the moment we lost 13 years of progress is pretty silly.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Max level is just a number. Doesn't matter what it's set to.

The level squish is so that Blizzard can fix leveling with making it so you get a level every 3 quests. And so they can make every level feel meaningful for someone leveling.