Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    As with all previous squishes, the only people who can be legitimately upset by the squish are those whose grade 3 teachers failed them when it came to teaching ratios.

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    Why will Blizzard just wipe all the character progression and all these years just goes down the toilet. 120 to 50 is just big slap to the face and all these years feel now pointless. Why not just stat squish?
    I mean it doesn't diminish any form of value over the last 15 years. Leveling was "pointless" in the first place, as it didn't add anything to the game. If you're talking about each expansions end experience, that too has no value outside of its respective expansion. I'm not sure what you're rambling about calling it a "slap in the face", the only thing that has changed is that the streamlined the experience for creating a new alt instead of making you quest or dungeon grind for 119 levels.

- - - Updated - - -

It will disturb the power level between levels.
    That already happened, twice. With item level squishes. As for soloing content Blizzard will make it so you can solo the content, they've never ignored that area of play. As for "power level" between levels, it's literally no difference than 15 years ago with Vanilla or even into BC.
    Last edited by Zyky; 2019-11-02 at 04:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Why will Blizzard just wipe all the character progression and all these years just goes down the toilet. 120 to 50 is just big slap to the face and all these years feel now pointless. Why not just stat squish?
    Because one way to not get new players or old players back is to make them grind 130 arbitrary levels

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Not likely if you can pick which expansion to lvl from 10-50 through. I could be wrong, but I doubt that the current time it takes to go from 1-120 will be the same amount of time players spend getting to 50 with the new system.

Based on the updates, it looks like lvls 10-50 should take roughly as long as 110-120 since you'd be able to do that all through BFA (or choose a different expansion to prepare for Shadowlands).
    Pretty sure he didn't mean that you could go all the way from 1 to 50 in one expansion tho. But that you could chose yourself and could do pandaria between lvl 1 and 50. Basically that there are no more level caps. Like 60+ for tbc/cata 90 for wod etc. You can now do wod at any level. Not that you could do all levels in wod only

You're not going to be saying this for much longer. We're going to fight a Death God who's likely much more powerful than the Titan Pantheon themselves...

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Pretty sure he didn't mean that you could go all the way from 1 to 50 in one expansion tho. But that you could chose yourself and could do pandaria between lvl 1 and 50. Basically that there are no more level caps. Like 60+ for tbc/cata 90 for wod etc. You can now do wod at any level. Not that you could do all levels in wod only
    They specifically mentioned on their website that 1-10 was going to be a new experience made for Shadowlands. 11-50 would be in BFA unless you chose to trevel in time with Chromie. 50-60 is Shadowlands.

So yes, the plan seems to be 11-50 can be done in any one expansion area.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    It seems to shorten it somewhat, now that I read the frontpage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Melchior View Post
    They did state it will be faster to reach max level than now, but not by how much.
    Thanks for providing the quotes. I missed them with everything going on this afternnon here and there. I appreciate it.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

How does this wipe character progression? Except change the number in front of your name that is at this point already completely meaningless.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Quote Originally Posted by Melchior View Post
    They specifically mentioned on their website that 1-10 was going to be a new experience made for Shadowlands. 11-50 would be in BFA unless you chose to trevel in time with Chromie. 50-60 is Shadowlands.

So yes, the plan seems to be 11-50 can be done in any one expansion area.
    I actually love this. It's gives off so much freedom for the character, as they can now quest in whatever Expansion zone they like prior to SL (AKA Shadowlands).

3+ Year Old Account
    Couple things.

1. It's just a number, numbers are not progression, what you accomplish and the content you clear are the progression you made. Progression is proportional to the world your character is in, your point would make sense ONLY if the world stayed the same and we would go back to lvl 50 starting eastern plagueland or someshit, that's not the case, you're still at the exact same place in the world, you lost nothing, change your perspective, it is flawed.

2. Why not just stat squish? Because the problem is not that numbers are too big, it's that most levels we gain gives us absolutely nothing, it's boring levels and no they are not gonna make talent trees where we put 120 or 130 points in, filled with braindead 1% passive bonus talents.

3. At some point you will stop playing this game and everything you have done in it will officially be "for nothing", except for the fun you had while doing it, which is the only thing that matters, again, that's based on perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    Players - Blizzard the level cap is too high, squish it.
    Blizzard - Starting in Shadowlands levels have been squished.
    Players - OMG why would you throw away all our progress!
    Blizzard - And you people wonder why we ignore you at times.
    Speak for yourself, I wanted to level to 130. Numbers don't scare me. If the time spent playing 1-60 and 1-130 is the same amount, then the number is arbitrary, why squish it? Now if it turns out 1-60 is considerably less time spent, like half what it took to level 1-120, then they literally just wasted our time the last 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    I think you could. I lvled an alt from 60-80 on zangarmarsh quests alone. if you choose to do most quests on outland, i think you could got acconplish the equivelent of 10-120 on a continet /expansion alone

It's only disappointing if you associate your character's progress with a meaningless number. You can have a character for 20 years in Dungeons & Dragons and they would be level 25 as it doesn't really get higher than 30 there.

What does 120, 30, 60 mean? Levels 100-120 you've gained no talent, nor ability, what do those 20 levels mean? Nothing. (They are all nothing.)

A character's progress is their experiences and accomplishments. Boss kills and when they were killed, titles, character statistics (such as critters killed), mounts, pets, items - that's the quantifiable measure of progress in WoW, the rest are your memories, records, relationships. Level is nothing. I level to 120 in a few days or buy a boost, the level number is meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Yeah I get infracted for trolling but not this shit.
    I don't understand. Are people that think this serious? 120s will be 50 and 50s will be whatever the equivelent is. Did they really have to spell it out? I don't really see any other reason people would be upset by this. Number's are meaningless now. lvl 70 was great when tbc was relevant, now it means nothing. Ratter have 50 lvls were you get some sort of reward.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    It's only disappointing if you associate your character's progress with a meaningless number. You can have a character for 20 years in Dungeons & Dragons and they would be level 25 as it doesn't really get higher than 30 there.

What does 120, 30, 60 mean? Levels 100-120 you've gained no talent, nor ability, what do those 20 levels mean? Nothing. (They are all nothing.)

A character's progress is their experiences and accomplishments. Boss kills and when they were killed, titles, character statistics (such as critters killed), mounts, pets, items - that's the quantifiable measure of progress in WoW, the rest are your memories, records, relationships. Level is nothing. I level to 120 in a few days or buy a boost, the level number is meaningless.
    The levels are meaningless, and Blizzard spending any amount of time squishing the levels is time that could have been better spent elsewhere. Especially given that the expansion is looking to be extremely light on features.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    The levels are meaningless, and Blizzard spending any amount of time squishing the levels is time that could have been better spent elsewhere. Especially given that the expansion is looking to be extremely light on features.
    As someone who still wants to level alts in the future, the leveling revamp will be content for me. 1-10 new experience, 11-50 wherever I want. Each level will "feel" more meaningful as I level.

Certainly more useful of content than island expeditions, warfronts, etc.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Speak for yourself, I wanted to level to 130. Numbers don't scare me. If the time spent playing 1-60 and 1-130 is the same amount, then the number is arbitrary, why squish it? Now if it turns out 1-60 is considerably less time spent, like half what it took to level 1-120, then they literally just wasted our time the last 10 years.
    If you enjoyed yourself while leveling then your time wasn't wasted, the squish doesn't remove those memories.
    If you didn't enjoy leveling then you should be happy that leveling an alt might be quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    If you enjoyed yourself while leveling then your time wasn't wasted, the squish doesn't remove those memories.
    If you didn't enjoy leveling then you should be happy that leveling an alt might be quicker.
    Doesn't remove the memories but removes the host of 80+ characters I have. lol

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Doesn't remove the memories but removes the host of 80+ characters I have. lol
    Look at it this way, you might be able to take you level 18 through Freehold rather then being stuck with just Deadmines and Ragefire Chasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    As with all previous squishes, the only people who can be legitimately upset by the squish are those whose grade 3 teachers failed them when it came to teaching ratios.
    lol this is soooo true. MMO champ comments are 90% cancer now but skimming through the occasional post such as this and laughing at the idiots like TC make it worth the occasional headache.