View Poll Results: If you are currently unsubscribed from WoW, will you return to WoW: Shadowlands?

Voters
428. This poll is closed
  • Yes!

145 33.88%
  • No!

148 34.58%
  • Maybe? Not enough info

135 31.54%
Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Unsubscribed players: Will you return?

Hello!

This is aimed at people who are, for whatever reason, currently unsubscribed from WoW.

As a currently unsubscribed player, will you return to WoW: Shadowlands? Please tell us why/why not?

Been 'unsubbed' since within the first month of BfA [though I am subbed for Classic atm], had no interest playing a Legion 2.0. I do plan to give Shadowlands a try, and I might do the same again depending on how it goes.

Don't plan on it, nothing that they revealed really got me thinking "I need to be here for this!!" the zones are nice, and tower seems cool, but all seems like stuff I could experience a few years from now.

Presuming I can upgrade the toaster oven I'm currently attempting to game with, yes. I do plan to return for Shadowlands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure. (like Daedius I'm subbed but only playing Classic). I'll almost certainly level at least one toon and play through the dungeons etc. Will I stick around? Can't say - the expansion looks interesting but the proof is in the playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll resubscribe a few months after the last raid comes out. Just like last xpac.
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

I think I will return for Shadowlands. I like the direction the WOW team appears to be heading with the next expansion.

I do like the direction that WoW is going with Shadowlands. However, as long as the outdoor world content is not stimulating/challenging/thoughtful enough, it won't be the kind of game that I will play often.

In my opinion, the way that LFR, and LFD are implemented inspires a certain kind of individualistic culture where WoW becomes a single-player game. I also see this in the open world. At least I have Classic.

Just my 2c

At this stage the only things that would get me to resub would be the removal of all Void related crap for Spriests, or a paid class change.

Quote Originally Posted by kieraTM View Post
    Hello!

This is aimed at people who are, for whatever reason, currently unsubscribed from WoW.

As a currently unsubscribed player, will you return to WoW: Shadowlands? Please tell us why/why not?
    Reverse the ban on Blitzchung, the college team, and the casters.
    Remove/Rework Pathfinder.

That's what it's going to take for me to resub or buy Shadowlands.

I MIGHT resub for Classic TBC if Blitzchung's ban is removed. It remains to be seen if Blizzard screws up again in the meantime.

I will return. I plan on unsubbing until 8.3, probably do that for one month, then unsub again til Shadowlands. I've already bought the expansion :-p

All the "improvements" just seem like World of Diablocraft. Sure the zones are badass and the story seems likable but overall there's nothing to play for. It's all looking like a cookie cutter expansion. But then again, BFA was terrible so this expansion might be great.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post

I MIGHT resub for Classic TBC if Blitzchung's ban is removed. It remains to be seen if Blizzard screws up again in the meantime.
    wow, Blizzard na or Blizzard eu had nothing to do with the ban you know, That was blizzard taiwans heartstone team and netease responsible for. So why are you taking it out on stuff that has nothing to do with the ban ?

Or i guess you go towards the approach of "its all part of blizzard" but then you may aswell dump whatever tech you used to write your forum post with, your phone, pc parts, almost all electrical devices use precious rare earth metals from china. So do your part. Go dark

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    wow, Blizzard na or Blizzard eu had nothing to do with the ban you know, That was blizzard taiwans heartstone team and netease responsible for. So why are you taking it out on stuff that has nothing to do with the ban ?

Or i guess you go towards the approach of "its all part of blizzard" but then you may aswell dump whatever tech you used to write your forum post with, your phone, pc parts, almost all electrical devices use precious rare earth metals from china. So do your part. Go dark
    Blizzard doesn't have any association what-so-ever with my phone, my PC, or any other electrical device that I own. Blizzard - whether it's their taiwan division, their EU division, or US, it's all Blizzard. J Allen Brack could have gotten up on that stage and said "We'll be removing the bans on these Hearthstone players and strongly enforcing any FUTURE infractions based on our, now clear, policy."

And I'm not just refusing to buy Blizzard products just because of the Hearthstone/HK issue, but all the other shady things they've done as a corporation in recent history. The Blitzchung thing is just what's tipping me over the edge on the company as a whole, while Pathfinder is the WoW-specific issue.

Glossing over Blizzard's shitty actions just because it was one sub-division instead of another is stupid. If I slap you in the face with my left hand, are you going to forgive me because I say it wasn't my right hand's fault? Of course not. That's basically what you're trying to argue.

Unsubbed since 2017, and i can safely say i will never play World of Warcraft again. They sealed the case when they decided to introduce a few silly, nonsensical allied races into the game. To be specific, lightforged draenei, void elves, and vulpera. Those races have eastern mmo written all over them. They make the game unappealing to me, that simple.

Blizzard did the same with HoTs when they introduced the emoji/spray patch. I had thousands of games played in HoTs and never played the game once after that patch.

With all that said. I played WoW for 10 years and had around 430 days played. I still visit mmo champion regularly, and i'll admit current WoW is a great source of comedy.

10+ Year Old Account
    If class design looks good in the alpha/beta and Titanforging (and any similar system) is removed, I will absolutely give Shadowlands a try. I like a lot of what they've said so far, but the game has so far to go to reach a playable state from where it currently stands in BfA... I'm doubtful they can fix enough systems in time for release.

A better question would be: can all the people who don't plan on resubbing ever again do something else than spout negativity on forums where people jut want to discuss the game?

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post

They decreased his penalty and apologized, that's as far as this is going to go. He did break the rules and the contract. It can't go unpunished.

My group of friends and I always come back for expansions. But ever since MoP, it never lasted more than 3-4 months. BfA, less than 2.

My guild died around Dazar'alor and after all the guildhopping I did back in Wrath and Cata, I don't care much to do it again. Admittedly, the new tower would give me something to do for solo content.

i did come back, when classic came out, and then Blizzard pulled an EA move and i abandoned everything. and wont return.