10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure those souls sent to the maw to help the Jailor don't appreciate the *freedom* they were given. Sylvanas will more then likely try to stab the Jailer in the back if it benefitted her. Sylvanas serves herself.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The female Night Fae look crazy

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Northrend Revamp.
    World Revamp.
    Underground Expansion
    Dragon Isles
    More South Sea isles we didn't see.
    Karesh
    Other side of Azeroth.
    Moons of Azeroth.
    Other Part of OL that floated away.
    Back to Draenor for Ogre Continent/other zones.
    Time Travel Pre Sundering Azeroth.
    Planet where Naaru come from.
    Planet Titans made for themselves. Greek/Olympus themed.

Theres endless possibilities. I thought of all of those ideas in less than 2 mins.
    Blizz sounds very reluctant to do anything spacey. They even specified with Ny'alotha and again Shadowlands that this isn't some other planet we're going to.

Also you didn't list the Emerald Dream which I think has a shot at being an expansion again now that we saw its deathy opposite.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post

Oh hello there future main race.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Blizz sounds very reluctant to do anything spacey. They even specified with Ny'alotha and again Shadowlands that this isn't some other planet we're going to.

Also you didn't list the Emerald Dream which I think has a shot at being an expansion again now that we saw its deathy opposite.
    After how sci-fi Legion became, and how some players reacted negatively, it could be general hesitation to return to a similar aesthetic.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post

That chick looks somewhat more important than just a Night fae.

I think that's their Winter Queen.

Formerly known as Arafal

Although, realistically, they retconned the Shadowlands to be spanning all worlds, and they have in-canon worlds much more scientifically advanced than Azeroth. There being some futuristic sci-fi planes in the Shadowlands is likely given its infinite nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Thats not going to happen and isn't necessary. At least 70% would be fine with added abilities procs and talents. Classes need more depth, not reworks. Some specs need reworks like all hunter specs, but I think Paladins, for example, are overall fine.
    Nah, I actually really like the current core gameplay of marks hunters. Could always use improvements, but I like its fundamentals.

7+ Year Old Account
    We need more concept art.

It's insane how little they have actually shown.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen of Lordaeron View Post
    Although, realistically, they retconned the Shadowlands to be spanning all worlds, and they have in-canon worlds much more scientifically advanced than Azeroth. There being some futuristic sci-fi planes in the Shadowlands is likely given its infinite nature.
    Inb4 the nexus (HOTS) is in the SL
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    LOL no

that is faaaaar to early for alpha

Late april for alpha at the earliest (and that is me being optimistic) Could see it being a late may/early june announcement for alpha.
    Both of you are wrong. Hes too optimistic. You are way too pessimistic.

Alpha-Feb
    Beta- April
    Prepatch late August
    Release, late September.

10+ Year Old Account
    After how sci-fi Legion became, and how some players reacted negatively, it could be general hesitation to return to a similar aesthetic.
    This forum might rage about it but.... since BC sci-fi elements have existed in WoW. Tempest Keep Naaru ships are a bit over the top. I understand people's concern but I think the best of both worlds is a gateway is open to Azeroth from X world we'd want to go to and then we go there instead of "Lets go on a space adventure."
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    That chick looks somewhat more important than just a Night fae.

I think that's their Winter Queen.
    Most likely but she's also probably the base skeleton for female Night Fae.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    8.3 early December

Ny'alotha raid opens mid-January

Alpha February

Beta April

9.0 August

Shadowlands launches September

- - - Updated - - -

I'm ready for the Vanthyr and Night Fae.
    My brother. We think exactly alike.

I thought it was kind of a retcon too, at first, but then I realized (even though I had seen it before, but kind of not actually realized lol) that on the cosmological chart it actually says 'reality' where the picture of Azeroth is and the Shadowlands as well as the Emerald Dream are beside 'reality'. So that would mean they both are realms that exist beside reality, not only Azeroth. They only took the picture of Azeroth as representing reality, because it's something everyone would recognize, I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Unpruner just posted on Twitter that essentially there are more things to be unpruned, they just haven't decided on what yet so they weren't in the panel. Specifically in the case of Monks.

https://twitter.com/holinka/status/1191074307335544832

Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    I thought it was kind of a retcon too, at first, but then I realized (even though I had seen it before, but kind of not actually realized lol) that on the cosmological chart it actually says 'reality' where the picture of Azeroth is and the Shadowlands as well as the Emerald Dream are beside 'reality'. So that would mean they both are realms that exist beside reality, not only Azeroth. They only took the picture of Azeroth as representing reality, because it's something everyone would recognize, I guess.
    Emerald Dream was/is in its original conception a blueprint for all life on Azeroth. The Shadowlands, although something with minimal lore explanation surrounding it, were implied via references & the cosmology chart to be on par with the Emerald Dream in terms of scope/span & limitation to Azeroth.

I'm not complaining about the "retcon," because I think this conception of the Shadowlands is better for the long term and gives them license to create whatever content they want for future expansions (I'm sure some people find that lazy, but it's an old game and the lore folds in on itself, what can you do?). Just saying they seemingly gave an implication about it being an Azeroth-limited plane prior to the announcement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    I think it more meant, normally the Shadowlands aren't supposed to be accessed by mortals, same with the Emerald Dream to an extent(Minus Druids and Green dragons and such). Lets say someone like N'zoth or Yogg(Which I'm betting Zoth will be able to witness the Veil opening) is able to access that realm. Well that could be bad cause even in death you won't be safe from the Void.

Any tears in reality usually are not a good thing.

Warrior-Magi

At every other expansion announcement I have rushed to pre order as soon as it is available, this time I haven't bothered. I want to see the class changes before I buy it, quite honestly if the classes aren't fun no matter how good the content is people aren't going to enjoy it, they need to get the classes right this time. My worry is a lot of the abilities they showed were coming back were things like warlock curses, great iconic abilities for that class but won't have much impact on day to day playstyle or rotation. I really hope Blizz doesn't think a handful of utility spells and a few long lost flavour abilities will cut it, I think people are wanting rotational changes that give their class more depth and can distinguish between a good player and someone just mashing keys, back pre Legion that was how it felt, now the gap is so narrow bad players have no incentive to improve.
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    Okay, here me out on this speculation:

-Like a million souls were unjustly sent into the Maw in the past few years.

-We are definitely going to release those unjustly imprisoned souls at the end of the Shadowlands expansion.

-Guess whom we swore a blood oath to, to deliver a million souls?

Bwonsamdi saw everything coming, and may end up the true winner in the Shadowlands expansion, if the deal with the Horde player works out...
    Problem, the Alliance players did no such thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    She will set us all free.

"Now does her dialog make a little more sense?" Ion
    freeing people from the prison that is life.
    Aka, kill us.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I think it more meant, normally the Shadowlands aren't supposed to be accessed by mortals, same with the Emerald Dream to an extent(Minus Druids and Green dragons and such). Lets say someone like N'zoth or Yogg(Which I'm betting Zoth will be able to witness the Veil opening) is able to access that realm. Well that could be bad cause even in death you won't be safe from the Void.

Any tears in reality usually are not a good thing.
    But Sylvanas created the rip and she would never do anything evil or bad, from what I've heard.