Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Shiv more iconic than Gouge ????????????????

When Holinka gave an example of an iconic class ability he picked fucking Shiv but not Gouge ????????

Gouge has been my fucking "4" keybind since 2005 and playing this class without it feels like absolute fucking trash
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

lol shiv. has anyone ever used shiv in the history of wow?

Quote Originally Posted by MatadorMedia View Post
    lol shiv. has anyone ever used shiv in the history of wow?
    Umm dispelling enrages? Better crippling poison?

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    When Holinka gave an example of an iconic class ability he picked fucking Shiv but not Gouge ????????

Gouge has been my fucking "4" keybind since 2005 and playing this class without it feels like absolute fucking trash
    be grateful
    Una melodía tocada por las cuerdas de nuestras almas,
    y el ritmo que nos sacudió hasta el hueso

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post

I'm almost sure it was you i heard screaming from across a different continent.

I hope you took your medication.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Poisons are iconic but I'm hardly super-excited to get them back on the other two specs. Gouge would indeed be more welcome. Shiv... I guess?

Slice and dice and rupture for all specs?

With shadowlands, will we see the return of these iconic rogue abilities that used to be classwide finishers? Will roll the bones finally be kicked to the curb?

5+ Year Old Account

Returning Class Abilities in Shadowlands

Probably absolutely unrealistic, but I would hope that every Rogue spec gets the following:

- Gouge
    - Burst of Speed (sprint can then go to the trash bin)
    - Recuperate (without taking away drinks)

The removal of Burst of Speed was the biggest nerf of a class or spec that ever happened in the entire history of WoW, at least that's how I see it.

What do you think that rogues will get back, after blizz announced that (many) pruned class abilities will return?

Quote Originally Posted by XMD7007 View Post
    Probably absolutely unrealistic, but I would hope that every Rogue spec gets the following:

- Gouge
    - Burst of Speed (sprint can then go to the trash bin)
    - Recuperate (without taking away drinks)

The removal of Burst of Speed was the biggest nerf of a class or spec that ever happened in the entire history of WoW, at least that's how I see it.

What do you think that rogues will get back, after blizz announced that (many) pruned class abilities will return?
    Burst of speed was a mindless ability that was way too overpowered. No class should have near 70% increased movement speed 100% of the time, let alone one that can break roots or w/e. Gouge can come back, Recup can stay gone. Make smoke bomb baseline, bring back prep.

Recuperate is kinda meh. I think flask suits us better now.

No, it's not but he was talking about abilities that were taken away and made pvp talents. That was the context. I think they should also return gouge, slice and dice and rupture to all specs though.
    Last edited by delus; 2019-11-03 at 06:48 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    I would make flask heal less, cost less and have less cooldown, what do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    With shadowlands, will we see the return of these iconic rogue abilities that used to be classwide finishers? Will roll the bones finally be kicked to the curb?
    If I remember correctly, SnD was baked into all specs except Combat (because of swords). I have a feeling a lot of "pruned" abilities are going to be not so easy to put back into the class. Like Sub and Outlaw getting poisons, stand by for the nerf bat.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    If I remember correctly, SnD was baked into all specs except Combat (because of swords). I have a feeling a lot of "pruned" abilities are going to be not so easy to put back into the class. Like Sub and Outlaw getting poisons, stand by for the nerf bat.
    Combat had rupture and snd for the rotation with the occasional eviscerate thrown in while the two were maintained. Been a while.

Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    Combat had rupture and snd for the rotation with the occasional eviscerate thrown in while the two were maintained. Been a while.
    No I mean they worked SnD to be a passive for Sub and Assa because they had other abilities to worry about, it was a QoL improvement. Eventually I believe the effect was turned into Alacrity. Combat kept SnD because it baseline used higher damage weapons with the 1h (not daggers) and SnD is actually a bigger boost for them, the whole old school Slow Weapon fast white damage effect.

A small reminder while some abilitys got pruned is old combat, you could ignore all bleed abilitys because they did sub 0.2% DPS WHEN correctly played and negative DPS otherwise.

Think what you ask for, if you want the old abilitys matter again, it comes at a high cost. Look at Unholy Death Knight, they still got more buttons and abilitys as any other spec, but their damage done lists close to 40 (FOURTY) rows and even the BIG HITTERS are sub 10% in total.

First people ask for more abilitys, than they ask for bigger numbers for the signature moves. Thats just not possible.
    -

Yeah but rerolling till you get a lucky combo to do less damage than other dps isn't exactly compelling gameplay either.

I hope gouge is going back to being baseline, it should be. The poison re-introduction hopefully means crafting them as well, it's thematically cool to brew your own death poisons, even if it's just a gimmick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since it got removed, I keep hoping for Burst of Speed to return. That's the only thing I want back!

Don't we already have Shiv? I thought I've seen Shiv in PvP abilities.