Poll: Which expansion will you level through first?

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    WoD and Legion for speed lvling
    The others for normal playing

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't had a low level character since monk in MoP, so it's irrelevant to me unless we get a new class that starts at 1. I would probably pick MoP though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayze View Post
    WoD was pretty damn awesome, until the lack of end game content. Ashran was cool tho.

The zones, music, and stories was just amazing tbh. Feels very warcraft.
    Oh yeah, definitely. Which makes it suck more because WoD could've been so much more...

SO. MUCH. MORE!

- - - Updated - - -

For me, it's Wrath, MoP, and WoD. But mostly MoP and WoD. Simple.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    For raw absolute nolife one-sitting speed....it will be WoD. Between treasures, bonus areas, and the garrison exp potion, nothing else can compete.

If you just want to log in once or twice a day, Legion invasions will be the go-to expansion.

Everything else is pure personal preference if you don't care about speed and just want to relive an older expansion.
    This is exactly the reality of it. Unless they decide to break the massive xp gain from these things compared to actually following the storyline, WoD will ironically become the default play through for speed leveling. And even then, when an invasion is up in Legion, it would do a character well to jump over and complete it. I also recently learned that timewalking completion xp is massively helpful, especially in the 110-120 bracket of BFA. That may or may not change come Shadowlands.

As for myself, I'll probably level allied races through WoD for the same reason listed above to get their heritage armor out of the way, but for other new characters, I plan to hit whatever expansion feels good for that character's own story (I have multiple 110's of each class now after Legion, so I'm in no great hurry).

Pandaria had the must fun cool leveling experience imo so if I level another toon I will go back there. I especially enjoyed the more spread out non claustrophobic zones. Wod and beyond crunch everything together too much and make it too frustrating to run around in if you don't have flying.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I did watch it all, and I still don't see any reason to allow you to do 40 levels in a single expansion. It wouldnt be the first time they didn't explain something correctly

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    It's because Ion specifically said that. Did you watch blizzcon? Or read the recap?
    read above

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    But they did. Multiple times. Maybe you should go back and rewatch/reread the WoW panels.
    read above x2

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    I don't see myself rolling more alts, so my leveling will be done in Shadowlands.
    should give the 1-50 a try just to see how they did it

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    Oh I did watch it all, and I still don't see any reason to allow you to do 40 levels in a single expansion. It wouldnt be the first time they didn't explain something correctly

- - - Updated - - -

read above

- - - Updated - - -

read above x2
    Except that there's tons of quests in each zone. If every zone gives you 10 levels then it's fine.

It depends on several factors, like how much I enjoy the expansion, but also which makes the most sense for the character I'm leveling.

For example, I had planned to level a Zandalari, and I will probably level him from 10 to 50 through BfA content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

read above

- - - Updated - - -

read above x2
    Unless every Blizzard employee to talk about the level changes to this point has made an unfortunate and confusing choice of words, the implication is indeed that it's 1-10 in a starting zone, and then you can level from 10 to 50 by doing the content of a single expansion.

Hell, Blizzard even mentioned that for people who are just starting out, they will be made to level from 1-10 in the new starting zone, then do the BfA leveling content to 50, while players that already did all that get to choose an expansion.

If one expansion couldn't take you from 10 to 50, that would make no sense.
    Last edited by Yarathir; 2019-11-05 at 02:43 PM.

Anything but Cata and BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Except that there's tons of quests in each zone. If every zone gives you 10 levels then it's fine.
    Pretty much. Also, it's not a difficult thing, even outside of game on a spreadsheet, to take the expected story flow and the total XP, divided out between everything you're intended to do to get to 50. So quest seeds like "go here and meet this guy to start the next zone" would have a little XP and "finished the whole zone" would have a lot. By the time you turn in the last quest for the storyline, you're 50.

Part of our conjecture above was if they'll also take things into account like the ability to pretty much skip the entire WoD storyline via world events and treasure hunting, because right now I can reliably reach 100 from 90 in about 45 minutes thanks to Pathfinder and the above two options (I do like 2 intros to zones because they're fast and easily accomplished while also finding treasure).

It will be interesting to see how they handle it, then. If that's actually the case, then I'd say the old standby of blasting through as many low level zones from EK/Kalimdor will be the way to go.

But that's gotta be a tough one to tackle. Between the treasures, bonus objectives, outpost abilities, garrison exp pots, and overall layout and flow of WoD quests, I'm going to be VERY skeptical of how hard they'd have to nerf to make that true.

- - - Updated - - -

I could have swore they also said that you could hop back and forth if you wanted, though. I'm pretty sure the only people who will be locked into BfA will be "new" players(whatever that means).
    Well depending ofcourse on how it changes and how it's done, the fastest way would be spam time walking the question is at what level will time walking be open for each time walking type?

Atm it's 1 level per 2 runs from 110 to 120, I leveled my dk without even doing the bfa intro in about half a night, I know when I've done 60 to 110 via time walking the rate stays the same so I'd say that's currently the most likely rout to the lowest time per level.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGood View Post
    hmm.... BC cause of the long quest runs.. or maybe wotlk (best xp imo.) - but i will problly end up choosing the fastest one for my main.. wichever that would be ..
    probably WoD

Whichever I'm told is the most efficient and fastest for leveling lol And that's where I'll level every time forever until they do another change.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LuminaL View Post
    probably WoD
    You're probably right, the return of pot leveling! :O
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Unsure if Legion or Draenor. Legion artifact is pretty nice, but without the traits it feels hardly better than a normal heirloom.
    Draenor is not bad due to the garrison zone abilities. Plus its quest flow feels pretty good for me.

I wouldn't recommend TBC or WotLK unless you know what you're in for. Leveling has come quite some way since then.
    Last edited by Galathir; 2019-11-05 at 03:20 PM.

For raw absolute nolife one-sitting speed....it will be WoD. Between treasures, bonus areas, and the garrison exp potion, nothing else can compete.

If you just want to log in once or twice a day, Legion invasions will be the go-to expansion.

Everything else is pure personal preference if you don't care about speed and just want to relive an older expansion.
    Was thinking along these lines as well.

Personally I expect to level through MoP a few (several) times and then branching out to other xpacs. WotLK will probably get near abandoned by me though; it's been my 60-80 grind for way too long now so I need to put it on serious cooldown.

WoD, blizz only did 2 things good with wod(well for me 4, i enjoyed old ashran and gladiator warrior), leveling and raiding. WoD levelling for me is the pinnacle of wow leveling

If they dont change the treasures exp from WoD then you can ding 50 in like 3 hours.

3+ Year Old Account
    You guys voting Pandaria are weird.

Why would you want your questing flow being interrupted by 75 emo-filled cutscenes all over the place is beyond me.

I'm gonna do all the maps that has a ring of blood quest and nesingwary because that's where the exp is, following pandas around and waiting for them to finish talking and showing you stuff that doesn't belong in warcraft is really not for me, I will spend my life in Nagrand, not having to deal with lame story, just killing stuff like a man on a mission.

I loved Cataclysm zones (got bored at the high level content though). If I ever level another alt, ill probably go there.
    Will skip Twilight Highlands for sure though...

For fast leveling, legion invasions + heirlooms FTW lol

WoD also had a great leveling zones... dunno the XP that their treasures will give in 9.0
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2019-11-05 at 03:27 PM.