Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    9/10 (maybe 8.5)

Been a while since I've been hyped for a Blizzard game, think the previous time was watching the Reaper of Souls cinematic, I love Diablo!

Only complaint I have is that the game isn't ready.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good cinematic as usual, they really are hammering home the super gory thematic.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    Without Deckard Cain can we actually have a Diablo game? I am excited to see what they do with D4. Not sure I will get it though. I have never no lifed a game like I did D2 and much like some junky I try to avoid going back to that place again. I remember one of my friends brothers playing so long his index, middle and ring finger would be too tired to keep clicking as he would cycle through them on some 10 to 20 hour playing blocks.
    D4 is supposed to take place decades after D3. So chances are that the Horadrim have been rebuilt by now. Plus it might be interesting to go through a game without him guiding you in one way or another.

Insane trailer the end with Lilith and the music is just perfect.

Also love that they are going back to a more grim theme.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by horbindr View Post
    i didn't really like the humorous tone the tomb robbers had going. and the summoning part wasn't _that_crazy.

compare it to the hell gate cinematic from diablo 2, and the tone is quite different. in that the PoV character sounds a lot more scared/traumatized that that scholar guy, the music is a lot more intense, the wanderer transformation is more gory that this cinematic, there are screams coming from the hell gate, there are bones flying everywhere, there is a lake of blood, etc. THATs a diablo cinematic.
    this one makes me doubt all their talk about it being a dark game.
    Very true, this is not on the level of D2 in that regard. As I said earlier, they were holding back on closeups when the bloodspilling started, it's all very tame and digestable. You could show this to minors just fine, this shouldn't threaten a release in sensitive countries.

And they did say they want to cater to both fans of D2 and D3, and D3 is practically a Saturday morning cartoon. So this is the middleground, I guess? Which is already something, if the atmosphere ingame is on point. Lack of bright colors and the heroes commenting on their own abilities every 2 seconds would be a start.

great from a art and technical perspective (as always from blizz), but lore/story/atmosphere wise i think it could have been a lot better.

(also: how the fuck does a summoning of THIS magnitude only take 3 guys?)
    Yes, the setup seems lazy and cheesy if we judge it detached from everything else, but I give them the benefit of the doubt that it will feel more sophisticated when everything is said and done. It's a trailer, a teaser. Wait and see where this goes.

Blizzard cinematic team has never failed to delivery. This one was their best one ever.

Incredible level of detail.

I dont even play Diablo and I liked it so much I forced-show it to 3 of my friends and they also loved it!

Some people complained that it was too gory and gross so they must have done something right. And Lilith having semi-transparent skin when she was still forming from the blood sheet was amazing.

top 3 blizzard cinematics easily

It was amazing. they are without a rival when it comes to cinematics. But I have 2 question.
    1- ... by the blood of the willing? I don't see those 3 as people willing to sacrifice themselves to summon a demon? Doesn't it say the blood of the willing? if it is blood of the living I can get how that summoning was so easily done.
    2- as I said, easy too easy summoning for such a demon. Come on people it is lilith, daughter of mephisto, creator of sanctuary. Don't we need some high priestess blood etc?

anyway willing or living is the main question.

10+ Year Old Account
    Loved the cinematic. The details, the dark theme, everything.

But, who's the Quan Chi guy anyway? Is he a lore character or just a generic summoner?

Blizzard always has great cinematics

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    It was amazing. they are without a rival when it comes to cinematics. But I have 2 question.
    1- ... by the blood of the willing? I don't see those 3 as people willing to sacrifice themselves to summon a demon? Doesn't it say the blood of the willing? if it is blood of the living I can get how that summoning was so easily done.
    2- as I said, easy too easy summoning for such a demon. Come on people it is lilith, daughter of mephisto, creator of sanctuary. Don't we need some high priestess blood etc?

If you recall the Leah & Azmodan trailer, that was shown out of sequence, and out of context, made a lot more sense once you progress through the game. I have a feeling that as part of the early leveling we will find out more about our mysterious necromancer and the unlucky chaps who were simply looking for gold.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Don't get me wrong, the visuals were as neat as ever, but I found the cinematic a tiny bit long for the amount of events that took place. I can definetly see why others would love it though

7+ Year Old Account
    The cinematic was great.

My only gripe is that Lilith was supposedly banished by Inarius himself. Seems weird that it only needed 3 dudes to free her.

Also her cinematic look is way better than the Maleficent look they gave her afterwards
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

They willingly entered the sealed area. Maybe that counts even if they weren’t willing to be used as the sacrifice.

-In regards to the willing or living question- sorry, forgot to quote the post a few ahead of mine.
    Last edited by Hairybutt; 2019-11-06 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Forgot to quote

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Diablo isn't even my primary game and I think I can safely say that was the best cinematic ever put out by Blizzard across all of their IPs. Totally dark an unexpected. Really hope the game lives up to it.
    Yes it was. Graphics were nice, acting was nice, camera work was nice, the story was nice, ambiance was nice. Everything about that cinematic was top notch. Here's to hoping the game will live up to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dragnipur View Post
    Yes the cinematic was of really high quality.I enjoyed it a lot.I didn't understand what was meant the daughter of hatred.Creator of Sanctuary.But after a little research i found out it was not a metaphor lol.But Mephisto
    It was a nice touch the way Blizzard worded it.
    Lillith is the daughter of Mephisto. Literally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

1. Blood of the willing was met when they opened the door, no turning back after that. It is also made easier by the fact that Lilith wanted to come back so she wasn't fighting against the call.

2. You are over look a simple fact, humans have both angelic and demonic blood so they far outrank what we think of as a high priestess. The ability to be nephilim is dormant in every human in Santuary.

1-the dark skinned guy sacrificed himself willingly at the end of the video. Since it's not specified anywhere, i suppose 1 willing guy is enough to trigger the spell.

2-little longer answer. The power of who you're calling back is not really a variable here, it's more about who created the spell and where the thing you're calling back, plus if they thing you're calling is being forced to come or not. In this case, the pale guy is probably Rathma which is literally the firstborn Nephalem. Lilith was exiled in the Void, a place where Rathma has been aswell and has knowledge of. I suspect that at least the pale guy and Lilith are working together, so with their power combined she managed to reach Sanctuary. The sacrifices were at most needed to create a gate for them to use.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.