Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

MMO-C: Salty or not salty about Shadowlands?

I've seen quite a few posts from people who claim they could make a better expansion or know exactly what people want; and that the devs are clueless, yada yada.

Is this the vocal minority or not?

I've certainly disagreed with some changes from Ion in the past but I'll admit, I for one am very excited with the majority of features from SL and think it could be one of the best xpacs.

I'd say they are salty about everything in life.

People on MMO-C are ALWAYS salty not matter what.

Change my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by n0thingm4tters View Post
    I've seen quite a few posts from people who claim they could make a better expansion or know exactly what people want; and that the devs are clueless, yada yada.

Is this the vocal minority or not?

I've certainly disagreed with some changes from Ion in the past but I'll admit, I for one am very excited with the majority of features from SL and think it could be one of the best xpacs.
    No matter what they would have announced instead of Shadowlands, it would have been the same salt but with a different title. It's just how it goes here.
    Warlock soloing https://www.youtube.com/user/Firedemon012 (old & abandoned)

10+ Year Old Account
    why u didn't make it a poll to find out -.- ? how can u tell exactly without ppl voting? mind reading?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Yeah if you follow the salt closely enough, you end up noticing that it's the same people who just moan endlessly no matter what.

I have no idea what it is. Possibly deep depression, maybe some sort of impairment to their social functioning, could be insane levels of entitlement, or some combination of the three.

Either way it's fucking bizarre to have an outlook which demands that everything has to immediately be spun into a negative.

15+ Year Old Account
    In general, you're more likely to hear negative opinions here or in any forum simply because people who are not unhappy tend to post less about the game, so it can be hard to judge whether it is a minority or not. There is also a certain level of incredulity from some posters in regards to positivity, i.e., "You think x feature is good? You're crazy/wrong/stupid/what's wrong with the community", and that sort of criticism can make some people apathetic about being more positive, or feel peer pressure to go along with the consensus.

To offer a good counter comparison, I was at Blizzcon for the first time this year and based on the people I spoke to and listened to, it was about a 4:1 ratio of folks who were positive about the announcement, which is not surprising. Most of the criticism seemed to regard the lack of a new class but it was not angry "I'm unsubbing" type negativity.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

The community on mmo-champ forums can in no way be taken seriously.

For one, the amount of "real leak!!!" threads that were believed by so many people here? That just shows you that the majority of mmo-champ users are 13y old naive children.

personally, I'm very keen. most of the people on here shitting on it are nostalgia boys who don't even play. 2021 couldn't come soon enough!

10+ Year Old Account
    Not salty at all, i'm happy we needed a rework of the core of the game.
    ...Le Poète est semblable au prince des nuées
    Qui hante la tempête e se rit de l'archer;
    Exilé sul le sol au milieu des huées,
    Ses ailes de géant l'empêchent de marcher.

Charles Baudelaire

Quote Originally Posted by Fistfighter View Post
    The community on mmo-champ forums can in no way be taken seriously.

For one, the amount of "real leak!!!" threads that were believed by so many people here? That just shows you that the majority of mmo-champ users are 13y old naive children.
    the fact that they unironically wanted an xpac with Bolvar as the main character says enough. Sylvanas making Bolvar her lil' bitch was simply glorious.

Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No matter what they would have announced instead of Shadowlands, it would have been the same salt but with a different title. It's just how it goes here.
    "Great, we got Tinkers instead of fixing the broken classes from BfA, gg Blizz"

Quote Originally Posted by Elkfingers View Post
    Yeah if you follow the salt closely enough, you end up noticing that it's the same people who just moan endlessly no matter what.

I have no idea what it is. Possibly deep depression, maybe some sort of impairment to their social functioning, could be insane levels of entitlement, or some combination of the three.

Either way it's fucking bizarre to have an outlook which demands that everything has to immediately be spun into a negative.
    lmaaaaao this is hilarious. I love you.

10+ Year Old Account
    This needs a poll. let me give you the options, from least saltiest to saltiest:

• Unsalted
    • Lightly Salted
    • Salty
    • Extremely Salty
    • Dead Sea
    • Kripparrian
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, yeah. Most people are salty on the forums. I mean, look no further than op and a few upset posters here who feel the need to throw extra verbiage in their insults.

Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    In general, you're more likely to hear negative opinions here or in any forum simply because people who are not unhappy tend to post less about the game, so it can be hard to judge whether it is a minority or not. There is also a certain level of incredulity from some posters in regards to positivity, i.e., "You think x feature is good? You're crazy/wrong/stupid/what's wrong with the community", and that sort of criticism can make some people apathetic about being more positive, or feel peer pressure to go along with the consensus.

To offer a good counter comparison, I was at Blizzcon for the first time this year and based on the people I spoke to and listened to, it was about a 4:1 ratio of folks who were positive about the announcement, which is not surprising. Most of the criticism seemed to regard the lack of a new class but it was not angry "I'm unsubbing" type negativity.
    Exactly. Unhappy people are 10 times more likely to tell someone about it that someone who is happy about something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Well, yeah. Most people are salty on the forums. I mean, look no further than op and a few upset posters here who feel the need to throw extra verbiage in their insults.
    And add in internet anonymity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    "Great, we got Tinkers instead of fixing the broken classes from BfA, gg Blizz"
    You know it. And it would have been the same fucking people to do the bitching. I love how often it is from people who do not and have not played in a long time. Or the one that do play but call those who enjoy the game addicts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    And add in internet anonymity.
    Pretty much. Thank goodness for Quora. Less anonymity translates to civil behavior.

Every expansion is good. Everything in WoW only keeps on getting better. If you say anything else you're salty, toxic, entitled, mentally ill, hate Blizzard etc.

XD i like chinese and korean food but my friend doesnt like it, does that make him salty? Same goes for WoW people are bound to dislike and share their opinion on on its flaws, doesnt mean they're salty.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Every expansion is good. Everything in WoW only keeps on getting better. If you say anything else you're salty, toxic, entitled, mentally ill, hate Blizzard etc.
    you're not very smart i can tell you that much