Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I think it is safe to assume he is in The Maw, not only because everything is fucked and everyone goes straight there but because he is probably on the list of " Lets lock them up forever "

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Wait, I thought no soul ever escaped the maw?
    Did you miss the whole sylvanas story??

Quote Originally Posted by The Betrayer View Post
    Why does Arthas get thrown into the Maw, when he was corrupted by an evil, Nathrezim sword, but Kael'thas, who summoned Kil'jaeden to destroy Azeroth, gets a second chance?
    Sadly, he wasn't really corrupted. The book illustrated that every decision Arthas made. Was his own. In the book, and even in game. Arthas' innocence and purity ended when he was a child. Within the Helm of Domination, during the struggle for control. There were three individuals in there. Arthas, Ner'Zhul, and a small boy. The boy was sickly and weak.

Also I believe the items you can collect from the Shadowmourne quest line are considered cannon keep sakes that Arthas brought with him into Ice Crown. Just illustrating that he was fully aware of what he was doing.

I image if we do get to see him in The Shadowlands or in the Maw. He should just be a viewable NPC with no dialog. Maybe if you right click on him, text says something around the lines of, "Arthas stares off into the darkness. Not acknowledging your presence."

His story is done. Just let it stay there.
    Last edited by Potatowizard; 2019-11-07 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimiOne View Post
    Well if you can redeem Illidan you can redeem Arthas.

I can see no better ending for Shadowlands than Arthas reforging the Helm of Domination,becoming the Lich King again and crushing Sylvanas in a "Bolvar was no Lich King. You face the REAL Lich King now bitch" scene mostly because Blizzard is intentionally making Silvy into an annoying character and a rather big portion of the community will be very happy so see his pale ass spanked as last.

Not a prediction. A desire.
    And then what, being cool with us again and promising to totally not destroy the world with the scourge? Ugh. No. This isn't Illidan where they secretly had an understandable reason for what they were doing (he was never invading us, the Legion was, seemingly to draw us in to fight him)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Did you miss the whole sylvanas story??
    I mean, I thought that was what Blizzard said at Blizzcon. That no soul ever escaped the maw.

After they retconned Illidan I don't doubt they'll re-retcon Arthas as well
    ...that's just my opinion, anyway.

All of this cosmological stuff is too boring for me. I'd like to get Warcraft back, please. my thing is killing defias and orcs.

It would be nice to see a redeemed Arthas there as a king of the Kyrians or something. They have a cool aesthetic that reminds me of the Paladin look.

https://media.mmo-champion.com/image..._KelvinTan.jpg

https://media.mmo-champion.com/image...ChrisChang.jpg
    Why would he be redeemed?

5+ Year Old Account
    One thing we should all be able to agree on is his ass is being tortured.

Why does Arthas get thrown into the Maw, when he was corrupted by an evil, Nathrezim sword, but Kael'thas, who summoned Kil'jaeden to destroy Azeroth, gets a second chance?
    He was corrupt and doing bad things long before he took Frostmourne. Ner’zhul didn’t reach out to him by random choice. He picked him because was already on the path to evil.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    And then what, being cool with us again and promising to totally not destroy the world with the scourge? Ugh. No. This isn't Illidan where they secretly had an understandable reason for what they were doing (he was never invading us, the Legion was, seemingly to draw us in to fight him)

If you want to discuss seriously the issue ( I wasn't... I was basically expressing how tired I am that Silvy is the center of every narrative not because I dislike the character but because it has been TOO much time).

No, we are not friend with Arthas. Not at all.

The White Knight Arthas can not work no matter how we tried.

He is the looming doom in the horizon the same way that Blizzard didn't killed Sargeras but put the character on pause so they can get back at him whenever they see fit.

He does not promise to leave us alone but when and how he will unleashed the scourge on us...that's something we don't know.

So let's say I would like to "Sargerasing" him instead of "Illidaning" so if you want so say "That's not redemption" I'm totally buying you are correct.

The thing is I can't see a bigger clash in Shadowlands. The one who started all this broken veil of death scheme facing the one who actually made her what it is.
    I just can't see a better confrontation and I suspect ( right or wrong) that the community would drool about this.

Any redemption story destroys Arthas legacy. It would be the worst thing they could do to his character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    Oh man I'm hyped for some Arthas and Jaina interaction now.
    Like ghost - mage sex?

I think they'll acknowledge that Arthas has spent his time since WOTLK in the Maw being tortured, I don't know if it would be a good idea to bring him back in any capacity though. Though something tells me that Blizzard isn't going to be able to let Arthas lie, they'll bring him back to fluff up the lore of a raid or something.

I imagine there is possibility after this expansion to see some iconic villains return to living side, probably one of the main ones would be Arthas. However we had so many loot pinatas villains that they could bring back half of them lol

Arthas, Kael'thas and some other important lore figures were mentioned, they probably will make an appearance.

Because it was merely a setback.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    He would have gotten chucked into the Maw with the rest of the evil bastards.
    This. The question is has his anima been reprocessed into someone else by now?
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Arthas is one of the only characters I’m not interested in seeing at all. His story ended well enough based on how it began. Let him stay where he is. No redemption, no resurrection. I can maybe accept seeing a shade of his soul or something.

$50 says he's the Jailer.

I don't doubt at all that we'll see him in this expansion, the themes being tied so heavily to death and the Lich King (not to mention the expansion starting at the Frozen Throne) are just too closely knit for him NOT to make an appearance. Plus we already know Uther is back, so theres gotta be some natural "duh" tie-ins there that Blizzard will want to explore.

I don't think he'll be redeemed, as I don't think many people have ever wanted or asked for that. With Illidan people at least thought Burning Crusade got his character wrong and Legion was bringing him back to an anti-hero form closer to Warcraft III. Arthas was a villain by the end of Warcraft III, and stayed one throughout his time in WoW, I don't think anyone with half a brain expects him to return as a hero at this point.

He could be anything from a small cameo to a full on raid boss frankly. Won't know 'til we get in there how grand Blizzard's plans are. He could even be the Jailer frankly. (Not saying he is, just that he could be. Blizzard could easily be lying about the Jailer to protect the plot twist.)

If there's anyone whose character they redeem I hope it's Kael frankly. I viewed him as a hero in Warcraft III, and all of his actions seemed like those of a good guy, trying to help his people. His choices in Warcraft III felt totally justifiable, even if they indirectly led to him being under the thumb of the Legion (he didn't even devote himself to the Legion in War3, he just pledged himself to Illidan, who at the time was seeking to DEFY the Legion... Kael didn't jump ship from the Illidari to the Legion until WoW)

Then he came back in WoW, not as the leader of the player Blood Elves, but as a raving friggin' lunatic legion fanatic who abandoned his people for more power. I always felt WoW did Kael dirty, and I'm hoping his role in the "evil souls who can be redeemed" area of the afterlife might lead to some backpeddling to a character closer to Warcraft III.
    Last edited by TragedyAnn; 2019-11-07 at 06:07 PM.