Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much we can expect the last 2 ARs on 8.3.5 along side the Troll Heritage and the Draenei one.

Now i like the idea of Ogres, sethraks and Vrykuls.... BUT! i can recall hearing, idk if it was on an interview that they asked about allied races and this races are considerate as Creep Races, (True Neutral) as these ones cant server the Horde or the Alliance at its full, meaning they cant be part of the Factions and Factions are the pillars the Warcraft franchise. And yes, i am aware about Horde Ogres on dustwallow marsh, hek we even got new Ogres from the AU Draenor scenario.

Now there are other races that not only can be playable because of new models, but also can help expand on plotlines or becoming plotholes in the future, just like:

-Moknathal> New Rexxar Model and Outland plothole and new Wc3 reforge models for Beastmasters. Could go for Horde
    -Saberon> AU Draenor survivors that traveled with the Horde champion, could go Horde or ALliance
    -Humanoid Evolved Botani> AU Draenor survivors that traveled with the Horde champion, have affinity with Nature, druidism, Freeya and Eonar. could go for Alliance.
    -Redeemed Undeads> Seeking redemption with the True Heir of the Lordaeron Throne, could go for Alliance.
    -Thin Humans> Much likely to become a character customization, but the first Thin HUmans were the Defias Shadowguard as Proto alpha Humans for WoW. So much more related to Assassins styles, could be something like an Alteracian version, who knows.
    -Ankoan warriors> Really different for the Gilgoblin versions on nazjatar, these ones are New HD version of the old Jinyu Fish people, with a better "skin integration" to gearpieces.

If i should bet, i would go for:
    Moknathal Horde
    Redeem Undead Alliance

Why? because of how Moknathal got the "new race treatment" not only with Rexxar on WoW (wich model can be literally hide the headpiece) they also got the remodeled on Warcraft 3 reforge.
    And Forsaken HOrde Undead are going to get new "no exposed bones" versions on Shadowlands, meaning that "no bone" holy infused versions could happen too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kemsa View Post
    Pretty much we can expect the last 2 ARs on 8.3.5 along side the Troll Heritage and the Draenei one.

Now i like the idea of Ogres, sethraks and Vrykuls.... BUT! i can recall hearing, idk if it was on an interview that they asked about allied races and this races are considerate as Creep Races, (True Neutral) as these ones cant server the Horde or the Alliance at its full, meaning they cant be part of the Factions and Factions are the pillars the Warcraft franchise. And yes, i am aware about Horde Ogres on dustwallow marsh, hek we even got new Ogres from the AU Draenor scenario.

Now there are other races that not only can be playable because of new models, but also can help expand on plotlines or becoming plotholes in the future, just like:

-Moknathal> New Rexxar Model and Outland plothole and new Wc3 reforge models for Beastmasters. Could go for Horde
    -Saberon> AU Draenor survivors that traveled with the Horde champion, could go Horde or ALliance
    -Humanoid Evolved Botani> AU Draenor survivors that traveled with the Horde champion, have affinity with Nature, druidism, Freeya and Eonar. could go for Alliance.
    -Redeemed Undeads> Seeking redemption with the True Heir of the Lordaeron Throne, could go for Alliance.
    -Thin Humans> Much likely to become a character customization, but the first Thin HUmans were the Defias Shadowguard as Proto alpha Humans for WoW. So much more related to Assassins styles, could be something like an Alteracian version, who knows.
    -Ankoan warriors> Really different for the Gilgoblin versions on nazjatar, these ones are New HD version of the old Jinyu Fish people, with a better "skin integration" to gearpieces.

If i should bet, i would go for:
    Moknathal Horde
    Redeem Undead Alliance

Why? because of how Moknathal got the "new race treatment" not only with Rexxar on WoW (wich model can be literally hide the headpiece) they also got the remodeled on Warcraft 3 reforge.
    And Forsaken HOrde Undead are going to get new "no exposed bones" versions on Shadowlands, meaning that "no bone" holy infused versions could happen too.
    God please keep undead away from alliance. We dont need another lacklustre AR. Besides, theres no new reputation for them.

I think all of these are likely except for Botani (which seem to be incredibly "evil" or singleminded, likely won't ever join a faction whereas Saberon could possibly be persuaded by the Horde or the Night Elves) and the Thin Humans. Likely because a Human kingdom where EVERYONE is super raggedy/skinny would look silly, and I doubt they want to flesh out Alterac too much after Kul Tiras.

However of all of those I think only Ankoan are relevant to BFA, Redeemed Undead don't exist right now and they don't seem to be going anywhere with Rexxar's Mok'nathal. I think they may come back later as ARs in a future Azeroth expansion (with Lordaeron and WC3 theming) but I don't think they'll happen in BFA. As has been mentioned they're missing story prominence as well as reps (Krokuul didn't have MUCH to do with Void Elves but there was SOME connection with the Void and Alleria. Meanwhile neither Rexxar or Calia are even in 8.3).

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    I think all of these are likely except for Botani (which seem to be incredibly "evil" or singleminded, likely won't ever join a faction whereas Saberon could possibly be persuaded by the Horde or the Night Elves) and the Thin Humans. Likely because a Human kingdom where EVERYONE is super raggedy/skinny would look silly, and I doubt they want to flesh out Alterac too much after Kul Tiras.

However of all of those I think only Ankoan are relevant to BFA, Redeemed Undead don't exist right now and they don't seem to be going anywhere with Rexxar's Mok'nathal. I think they may come back later as ARs in a future Azeroth expansion (with Lordaeron and WC3 theming) but I don't think they'll happen in BFA. As has been mentioned they're missing story prominence as well as reps (Krokuul didn't have MUCH to do with Void Elves but there was SOME connection with the Void and Alleria. Meanwhile neither Rexxar or Calia are even in 8.3).
    yeah as they always say, if the story its in the moment.
    Now i believe that the Krookul/corrupted Draenei, are going to be just a customization for Draenei, as blood elves are going to get 40 new "things", could be the same for other races.

Also i didnt put Mogu as AR because really, could be so cheap to make.

And also i dont believe they are going to expand the Allied Race "system" beyond BfA. If Blizzard is smart, they would dump all the Allied Races now, so next 2 expansions they could focus on Class changes and New Classes.

As right now Shadowlands will not feature a new class, but a complete overhaul in other systems and tweaks in other ones.

Quote Originally Posted by unluckyamateur View Post
    you can use grindr for that.

hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

Alliance already have sparkly space goats, if sparkly undead become an Allied Race I'm pretty sure they'd be horde(sorry hordies, i would not wish this on you but blizzard's bfa story is what it is) The good mogu that we're going to meet in 8.3 would be cool but from what I've seen there's only only one "facial model" just like the Ankoan the odds of any race becoming an allied one with no obvious customization this close to the end of an expansion is just well... slim. It's possible they won't follow the pattern they have seemingly been going by with core race rigging/animations but lightforged undead would meet the undead column all that's left is worgen and I still can't tell what would fit there that makes sense for the current lore... of course they pulled brown orcs out of an alternate timeline so who fucking knows. anything could be game if they want it to.

And also i dont believe they are going to expand the Allied Race "system" beyond BfA. If Blizzard is smart, they would dump all the Allied Races now,
    I kinda agree. With all the new customization options they're working on they should really fold groups like Maghar and Highmountain into the main races and make them customizable options rather than a race slot. It's how it should have been done in the first place IMO.
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Starter View Post
    Hopefully ogres or sethrak.

I main alliance but it makes more since for sethrak to go horde cuz the ties to Zandalari. They might make sethrak a neutral race though idk
    For alliance I am guessing the anakoan and maybe high elves just to please the rabid fanbase

[COLOR="#417394"]- - - Updated - - -[/COLOR
    At this point I think Blizz should just look at giving Naga, Ogres, or High Elves. Those are the main 3 people have wanted for so long. I've personally been wanting Ogres since vanilla, and IMO they could just use the skeleton of the fat humans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    At this point I think Blizz should just look at giving Naga, Ogres, or High Elves. Those are the main 3 people have wanted for so long. I've personally been wanting Ogres since vanilla, and IMO they could just use the skeleton of the fat humans.
    No thanks, I like the regular ogre animations, don't you dare.

Alliance are going to get another elemental race while Horde will end up getting something unique.

Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    You can use grindr for that.
    well played, you dirty bastard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThiagoTorres View Post
    High elves for alliance
    Ogres for horde

Long dream becomes true if that happen
    I think ppl should stop putting the high elves in ar speculations once and for all, because they said it clearly that HIGH ELVES WOULD MOSTLY BE CUSTOMIZATION OPTION, and when you see what they will with cosutimizaiton in shaodwlands i think you can already forget high elves as allied races so PLZ STOP DREAMING its verry annoying to see this be pout in on ther tabble over and over again even if they answered it

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I think OP is reading too much into it. I am sure eventually there will be more allied races, but I highly doubt that this empty spot is something that Blizzard considers mandatory to fill.
    Well, from what i get from ptr right now it feel pretty empty and a bit like unconclusive, i mean you have n'zoth coming the assazut things etc and then what? Nothing? Shadowlands spawning out of nowhere? I doubt you wont have anything to fill the gap between n'zoth and shaodwlands and not some kind of aftermath

And they didnt talk about this at blizzcon because it might be spoiling the end of the raid

But i would think it would make more sense to focus on aftermath of bfa and mostly the end of the undercity and teldrasil problem with tyrande and Calia and i would even guess it would be time to put heritage armors for nelf and forsekens

PS : and choose warchief too maybe?
    Last edited by Ameonna; 2019-11-09 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalendra View Post
    I think ppl should stop putting the high elves in ar speculations once and for all, because they said it clearly that HIGH ELVES WOULD MOSTLY BE CUSTOMIZATION OPTION, and when you see what they will with cosutimizaiton in shaodwlands i think you can already forget high elves as allied races so PLZ STOP DREAMING its verry annoying to see this be pout in on ther tabble over and over again even if they answered it
    High Elves for Alliance, thank you. If you guys get the damned Ogres, Alliance players deserve to have the High Elves as a separate AR/full new race.

I feel like if we were going to see another AR between now and Shadowlands it would have been the "pre-order to get early access to..." bonus rather than being able to make AR/Pandaren Death Knights.

My guess is they're saving those spots for Kyrian and Venthyr in SL's patches.

Would be cool if we got Jinyu, and instead of choosing sex, we could choose between Jinyu and Ankoan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone I don't like
    Something I perceive as stupid or overly emotional.
    A quote that justifies my ideology, or attributes my opposition's position to ignorance or selfishness. - Some Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Gurmech View Post
    Would be cool if we got Jinyu, and instead of choosing sex, we could choose between Jinyu and Ankoan.
    Feels like we could just get Ankoan with customization options that can make them Jinyu-like.

They really aren't too different. Ankoan are basically just the deep sea versions of Jinyu. It's mostly in the head shape. The culture is a little different, sure, but for the most part, Jinyu just seem like the calmer, less combative side to the Ankoan.

So if you just offer both Jinyu and Ankoan options (face and skin tones), then you can basically have them both in one.

If not, I'd probably prefer to have Ankoan over Jinyu- they're just a bit more interesting to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigby View Post
    I feel like if we were going to see another AR between now and Shadowlands it would have been the "pre-order to get early access to..." bonus rather than being able to make AR/Pandaren Death Knights.

My guess is they're saving those spots for Kyrian and Venthyr in SL's patches.
    They wouldnt give it in pres-order because its not related with the expac and also because it would spoil 8.3

Quote Originally Posted by Manariel View Post
    High Elves for Alliance, thank you. If you guys get the damned Ogres, Alliance players deserve to have the High Elves as a separate AR/full new race.
    Yes, if Horde get a full, brand new race, Alliance should totally get a copy-paste of blood elves but with blue eyes.

Seriously, Void Elves are as close as you're gonna get to Alliance High Elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Yes, if Horde get a full, brand new race, Alliance should totally get a copy-paste of blood elves but with blue eyes.

Seriously, Void Elves are as close as you're gonna get to Alliance High Elves.
    No please, don’t get that one started. It just becomes abundantly clear they are too passionate about their lust for High Elves to think rationally. I would love Ogres to finally come to the Horde though. It’s really insane that it’s taken this long.
    ”I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me."-Sylvanas Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Phaelia View Post
    I would love Ogres to finally come to the Horde though. It’s really insane that it’s taken this long.
    I know, right? I'd totally roll an Ogre shaman.