Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by turboether View Post
    Something something private company, something something don't owe you a platform.
    Something something, public university, something something, receives federal funds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskyjack View Post
    It seems understandable... why would a stadium want their games to be political rallies especially when it disrupts coverage and potentially disrupts the game?

It isnt like they are being denied the right to protest. They are just being told not to during games..
    Bullshit.

If people booing disrupted a game there wouldn't be any sports any longer. And the Narcissist in Chief barging in for a photo op disrupts a game FAR more than a simple verbal protest in any case.

That wasn't too bad. Maybe now Trump can stop wasting taxpayer money looking for applause.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    That wasn't too bad.
    It actually was.

Trump had to go to Alabama and still stack the deck.

I don't think it gets any worse. Whether or not he has the self awareness to recognize that is irrelevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    It actually was.

Trump had to go to Alabama and still stack the deck.

I don't think it gets any worse. Whether or not he has the self awareness to recognize that is irrelevant.
    It was bad. Some Trump supporting Nazi got violent and slashed the Trump Baby balloon.

'Baby Trump' balloon slashed and deflated after drawing protesters ahead of Alabama-LSU football game

The "Baby Trump" balloon has been slashed -- and as a result, deflated.

The popular protest symbol against President Donald Trump was floating among the throngs of college football fans in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, on Saturday when it was attacked by a man, an organizer of the protest told CNN.
    At about 2:30 p.m. ET, before the kickoff between Alabama and Louisiana State, an unknown man came up to the balloon and stabbed it, according to Nic Gulas, one of the people who organized the "Baby Trump" balloon appearance at the game. The balloon deflated after the gash, Gulas said.
    "It was a random dude just ran up to the balloon, stuck a knife in it, and ran off. We had police close by because of another driver earlier, so they went over and arrested him and his getaway driver," Gulas told CNN through Twitter.
    Tuscaloosa Police Department officers responded to the incident and observed Hoyt Deau Hutchinson, 32, of Tuscaloosa, cut into the "Baby Trump" balloon, and then attempt to flee the area, according to a statement released by police.
    Officers apprehended the suspect and took him into custody on a charge of criminal mischief first degree, the statement reads. Hutchinson was booked in Tuscaloosa County Jail where he was held on a $2,500 bond.

I mean if a leftist did this, bail woulda been like $250,000.

This has happened before:

The Right has a a fondness for knives it seems. You know who else like knives...
    Government Affiliated Snark

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    It was bad. Some Trump supporting Nazi got violent and slashed the Trump Baby balloon.

The Right has a a fondness for knives it seems. You know who else like knives...
    While it's good nobody was hurt, it's a shame the balloon wasn't able to fly.

I would have loved an ever-escalating spectacle showing people's disapproval for Trump as he desperately searched around for nonexistent sympathy at professional sports games.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskyjack View Post
    It seems understandable... why would a stadium want their games to be political rallies especially when it disrupts coverage and potentially disrupts the game?

It isnt like they are being denied the right to protest. They are just being told not to during games..
    Denying protests is fine if the protests are ruining it for everyone, as in protestors stopping the game or holding banners to block peoples views.
    However if all they're doing is sitting in their spot with a shirt, hat or appearal on? Even if they're booing... that's fine.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Denying protests is fine if the protests are ruining it for everyone, as in protestors stopping the game or holding banners to block peoples views.
    However if all they're doing is sitting in their spot with a shirt, hat or appearal on? Even if they're booing... that's fine.
    Tbh. There is no argument against signs for protests at a sports game. Considering supportes block each others view all the time there isn't a case against protestors specifically.
    - Lars

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post

'Baby Trump' balloon slashed and deflated after drawing protesters ahead of Alabama-LSU football game

The "Baby Trump" balloon has been slashed -- and as a result, deflated.

The popular protest symbol against President Donald Trump was floating among the throngs of college football fans in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, on Saturday when it was attacked by a man, an organizer of the protest told CNN.
    At about 2:30 p.m. ET, before the kickoff between Alabama and Louisiana State, an unknown man came up to the balloon and stabbed it, according to Nic Gulas, one of the people who organized the "Baby Trump" balloon appearance at the game. The balloon deflated after the gash, Gulas said.
    "It was a random dude just ran up to the balloon, stuck a knife in it, and ran off. We had police close by because of another driver earlier, so they went over and arrested him and his getaway driver," Gulas told CNN through Twitter.
    Tuscaloosa Police Department officers responded to the incident and observed Hoyt Deau Hutchinson, 32, of Tuscaloosa, cut into the "Baby Trump" balloon, and then attempt to flee the area, according to a statement released by police.
    Officers apprehended the suspect and took him into custody on a charge of criminal mischief first degree, the statement reads. Hutchinson was booked in Tuscaloosa County Jail where he was held on a $2,500 bond.

I mean if a leftist did this, bail woulda been like $250,000.

This has happened before:

GOOD!!!

Maybe next time don't bring a giant "FUCK YOU, OTHER HALF OF THE COUNTRY!" sign.
    I mean it's almost like pissing on other people's hopes and dreams because "orange man bad", would make them angry or some shit. It's shocking, I know, only white supremacists would get angry like that.

How do you feel about MAGA hats, btw?
    Last edited by The Butt Witch; 2019-11-11 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sygmar View Post
    GOOD!!!

Maybe next time don't bring a giant "FUCK YOU, OTHER HALF OF THE COUNTRY!" sign.
    I mean it's almost like pissing on other people's hopes and dreams because "orange man bad", would make them angry or some shit. It's shocking, I know, only white supremacists would get angry like that.

In what universe is it half? Don’t normalize being a shitty human being.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    In what universe is it half? Don’t normalize being a shitty human being.
    Oh sorry, I meant 40% of the country. Yeah, big whoop.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...roval-ratings/

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh sorry, I meant 40% of the country. Yeah, big whoop.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...roval-ratings/
    Closer to 30% once you factor the old people that simply vote Republican because it's what they've always done. Thankfully for the country, that's a problem that sorting itself out over time.

Now I guess all that's left to deal with are the angry right winger who apparently hate peaceful protests and have taken to dealing with them with violence.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Closer to 30% once you factor the old people that simply vote Republican because it's what they've always done. Thankfully for the country, that's a problem that sorting itself out over time.

Now I guess all that's left to deal with are the angry right winger who apparently hate peaceful protests and have taken to dealing with them with violence.
    Yes, because Antifa is a right wing group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, because Antifa is a right wing group.
    "B-b-b-but Antifa!!1!!one!!"

Yeah ok, come back when they have a body count like Right Wingers do.
    Trash cans don't count as bodies btw, even though everyone in the Administration is trash

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    "B-b-b-but Antifa!!1!!one!!"

Yeah ok, come back when they have a body count like Right Wingers do.
    Trash cans don't count as bodies btw, even though everyone in the Administration is trash
    Ah, so we must wait until Antifa starts killing people. Oh, it's coming. It's only through sheer luck that no one's brains were smeared on the sidewalk by a bikelock or a baton, for wearing a MAGA hat or some shit. And that luck won't go on for long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, so we must wait until Antifa starts killing people. Oh, it's coming. It's only through sheer luck that no one's brains were smeared on the sidewalk by a bikelock or a baton, for wearing a MAGA hat or some shit. And that luck won't go on for long.
    Whatever floats your float, I won't entertain your fantasies of murder.

10+ Year Old Account
    So did he get booed at the game?

- - - Updated - - -

GOOD!!!

Maybe next time don't vote for a giant "FUCK YOU, OTHER HALF OF THE COUNTRY!" candidate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    So did he get booed at the game?
    Not as badly due to the crackdown, but there were some folks spelling out IMPEACH with their shirts that popped up on the jumbo cam a few times so...Kinda?

Trump's running out of safe spaces.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Not as badly due to the crackdown, but there were some folks spelling out IMPEACH with their shirts that popped up on the jumbo cam a few times so...Kinda?

Haha nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post

The President from New York Florida just got booed <again>

Trump Met With ‘Lock Him Up’ Chants, ‘Impeach’ Signs At NYC Veterans Day Parade
    The president spoke at Madison Square Park ahead of the 100th annual Veterans Day Parade.
    https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump...b00927b2375b76
    Government Affiliated Snark