Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    you are right the "alt-right" is just now the "right" now a days.
    You really overestimate the political prowess and intentions of Republicans or even most mainstream conservatives. The Ben Shapiro, Dan Crenshaw-cut of conservatism is currently in a 'small civil war' with far right identitarians as a part of Nick Fuentes' 'America First' movement (Groyper Wars). To pretend that these two groups of conservatism are in collusion with one another is quite silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    I'm actually surprised. Guess they think this is best for winning next time.
    They already own both houses below him and he can't pass but what they give him. And if they fight it, it makes the Republican party look even worse than the dumpster fire they already look like/are.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Techno-Druid View Post
    You really overestimate the political prowess and intentions of Republicans or even most mainstream conservatives. The Ben Shapiro, Dan Crenshaw-cut of conservatism is currently in a 'small civil war' with far right identitarians as a part of Nick Fuentes' 'America First' movement (Groyper Wars). To pretend that these two groups of conservatism are in collusion with one another is quite silly.
    Ben just sees the writing on the wall and trying position himself for a post Trumpism republican party he can continue to fleece when the collectively ignore how they all supported Trump

They may have some difference in ideological purity, but they all agree on the same kind of regressionism policies, like trickle down voodo or various authoritarianism flavors

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    Ben just sees the writing on the wall and trying position himself for a post Trumpism republican party he can continue to fleece when the collectively ignore how they all supported Trump

They may have some difference in ideological purity, but they all agree on the same kind of regressionism policies, like trickle down voodo or various authoritarianism flavors
    A lot of the more America First people under Nick Fuentes lean more left-wing economically. They dislike the "demographic changes" that arises from the ideology of neoliberalism, the idea that you can lower wages by 'flooding' the country with cheaper foreign labor.

The Ben Shapiro/Crenshaw brand of conservatism by contrast is more neoliberal with a strong support for Israel and the Evangelical lobby.

They do broadly agree on a lot of issues, but they definitely are growing to hate each other, especially because of the latter's willingness to fund Israel or prioritize foreign interests over their own. The latter is definitely more authoritarian though as a big part of their growing movement is to reject what they consider to be "degeneracy".

It's really more of a generation thing, the older boomers and Gen X conservatives against the younger Zoomer identitarians. Considering the power struggle between liberals and leftists on the other end of the spectrum I'm really interested to see where politics will be headed in the next 30 years. Seems like the extremes are starting to attack the establishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Techno-Druid View Post
    yeah i noticed that,recently too, ben shapiro did a big speech calling out actual racist and white nationalist, and it got alot of downvotes

https://youtu.be/ge_RUxBTHN4?t=700

Im glad they are atleast making an effort to distance themselves from white supremacist and neo nazis. Even though i dont agree with ben shapiro, i think he is just like an old school republican, there is other actors who i hate much more who never seem to have anything negative to say about actual nazis,
    Last edited by arandomuser; 2019-11-11 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/andy-besh...032539959.html

A Democrat wins the governor seat from a heavy GOP state which Trump won by 30 points in 2016. Matt Bevin the incumbent trying to smooch Trump's ass arrogantly gloating he would win the election by a large margin loses. I hope McConnell is shitting his Russian colored turtle shell with this just happening and how unpopular he is in Kentucky.
    If you paid attention you would know Republicans won KY other than Bevin who barley lost, he lost because he went to war with teachers, a lot of Republicans didn't like Bevin. I am sorry to destroy your narrative.
    Last edited by zenkai; 2019-11-11 at 08:36 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    If you paid attention you would know Republicans won KY other than Bevin who barley lost, he lost because he went to war with teachers, a lot of Republicans didn't like Bevin. I am sorry to destroy your narrative.
    Its hilarious watching conservatives trying to divorce the toxic name that is Trump in fucking red states to boilerplate conservative governors.
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, cutting out all of the extraneous nonsense you added...

A Republican lost the governorship to a Democrat in the deeply red state of Kentucky because of aforementioned Republican's terrible positions.

Sounds like 1) A victory for the democrats and 2) A condemnation of the republican's positions. I'm personally pretty happy with that.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post

A Republican lost the governorship to a Democrat in the deeply red state of Kentucky because of aforementioned Republican's terrible positions.

Sounds like 1) A victory for the democrats and 2) A condemnation of the republican's positions. I'm personally pretty happy with that.
    2 isn't exactly accurate. Even the Republicans in Kentucky really didn't seem to like Bevin much, so it's less of a condemnation of the republican positions and more saying that just putting an R after your name isn't guaranteed to shield you if you're an incompetent shitbag that nobody likes.

10+ Year Old Account
    So... if Bevin was a bad candidate and the GOP knew he was a bad candidate, why did they nominate him anyways? Why nominate a bad candidate?
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    So... if Bevin was a bad candidate and the GOP knew he was a bad candidate, why did they nominate him anyways? Why nominate a bad candidate?
    Two reasons.

1) He was an incumbent governor.
    2) He had Trump's support.

If the Republican establishment supported a primary challenge on an incumbent governor who had Trump's support, it would be immediately painted as a rank betrayal, and probably trigger primary challenges against any of the Republicans who supported the initial challenge. While allowing Bevin to run lost them the governor position, the chaos created by infighting would have opened them up to losing a lot more than that. Losing the governor seat is a black eye, but with the Republicans solidly holding every other position of influence it really is more embarrassing than legitimately harmful to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynarii View Post
    Two reasons.

1) He was an incumbent governor.
    2) He had Trump's support.

If the Republican establishment supported a primary challenge on an incumbent governor who had Trump's support, it would be immediately painted as a rank betrayal, and probably trigger primary challenges against any of the Republicans who supported the initial challenge. While allowing Bevin to run lost them the governor position, the chaos created by infighting would have opened them up to losing a lot more than that. Losing the governor seat is a black eye, but with the Republicans solidly holding every other position of influence it really is more embarrassing than legitimately harmful to them.
    Yep. The actual electoral massacre this year happened in Virginia and in the Pennsylvania suburbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

The teacher thing happened after he was elected.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post

KY governors are usually democrat, I am sorry to keep destroying the illusions you partisans create, but them are the facts. Not to mention Beshear is the son of our last Governor.

As a proud SJW Libtard I would caution my fellow progressives about getting too excited about this one. Bevin was essentially Roy Moore without the pedophilia. Beshear barely squeaked it out and down ballot went completely red. Now any Democratic Party victory is a win for humanity, but let's not kid ourselves about deeply conservative Kentucky.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

KY governors are usually democrat, I am sorry to keep destroying the illusions you partisans create, but them are the facts. Not to mention Beshear is the son of our last Governor.
    Yep. And he was a popular governor. Independents are going to vote for whom they feel is the best. I am very surprised Bevin came as close as he did. I think Trump's rally for certain helped him. But he was just too unpopular. Just like it appears his rally helped the Republicans in the Mississippi election that same day.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay. So why did the GOP renominate him this year then if he was a bad candidate?
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Okay. So why did the GOP renominate him this year then if he was a bad candidate?
    Same reason the Democrats renominated the Senator in FL., who got beat by Rick Scott.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BigToast View Post
    As a proud SJW Libtard I would caution my fellow progressives about getting too excited about this one. Bevin was essentially Roy Moore without the pedophilia. Beshear barely squeaked it out and down ballot went completely red. Now any Democratic Party victory is a win for humanity, but let's not kid ourselves about deeply conservative Kentucky.
    I agree. The night of the election there was a GOP analyst pointing out that the Dems only got the governorship, while the GOP won the other FIVE state-wide races. So definitely an overall win for the GOP, but a very nice symbolic win for the Democrats - especially since Cheeto was there the night before.

A little off topic, but Amy McGrath is polling very well against McConnell. I wonder if there is really any chance of her defeating him. I feel like if it got close, McConnell would just break out the good-'ol-boy-policial-wrecking-ball and start stuffing ballots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I agree. The night of the election there was a GOP analyst pointing out that the Dems only got the governorship, while the GOP won the other FIVE state-wide races. So definitely an overall win for the GOP, but a very nice symbolic win for the Democrats - especially since Cheeto was there the night before.

A little off topic, but Amy McGrath is polling very well against McConnell. I wonder if there is really any chance of her defeating him. I feel like if it got close, McConnell would just break out the good-'ol-boy-policial-wrecking-ball and start stuffing ballots.
    Winning those other state wide races would have been great, but ultimately who do most of them all answer to? The governor.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Winning those other state wide races would have been great, but ultimately who do most of them all answer to? The governor.
    I agree the governorship was a Yuge win. But the other five do hold power, and can still affect policy to a large degree.