Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Why Horde Always Win Korrak's Revenge?

Im not complaining Im a horde.

But why the alliance is performing so poorly in 40 man bgs?
    (Removed for Violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Your avg alliance player would rather sit in the mines farming those boxes for the badges then actually doing pvp.

My interest in PvP died with Tarren Mill v Southshore.
    @thwart <- don't click this and learn his shame
    Newsflash: 2016 Thwart would hate 2019 Thwart! Definitely don't click this either!

We see you.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am absolutely a jerk, a complete cunt. But I encourage you to rise above.

The average Alliance player doesn't like PVP.

Alliance rarely ever wants to PVP. Only reason we used to dominate AV is because there were no worthwhile objectives in later renditions of AV. Once horde can turtle, alliance fail to work together.

Alliance picks flowers and containers, Horde picks killing blows and objectives.

I want your luck, every match i've been in Alliance win from horde turtling

I play only 40man bg and I noticed the alliance is losing ground even in isle of conquest where they used to win like 90% of the time back in the day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hero2Zer0 View Post
    I want your luck, every match i've been in Alliance win from horde turtling
    US or EU?...

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because Alliance are smart and are using Korraks to just farm the badges for the event, since winning doesn't go towards the completion at all.
    Horde players are just PvPing, which they could do in literally any other BG.

Probably because most alliance players just want the mount and thus spent more time doing turn ins ( which to some extent does help the battle ) for the badges.

Because everyone who's interested in PvP faction transferred to Horde back when they nerfed EMFH. The only people who are left are the people farming stuff.

Korrak's revenge is especially bad since winning doesn't give you any extra progress towards the mount so most players don't even have incentive to try.

I've always seen the Alliance as roleplayers while Horde is more interested in PvE/PvP.
    Last edited by McNeil; 2019-11-12 at 02:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    Probably because most alliance players just want the mount and thus spent more time doing turn ins ( which to some extent does help the battle ) for the badges.
    Must be the case cuz I noticed more commandos spawning from alliance than horde. They spend more time at base turning in stuff

I've had a pretty even w/l ratio.

I lost over half the games I was in for Korrak's, as Horde. It depends on time, composition and stuff. Stop this "why x always win y" nonsense.

The terrain favors them slightly (well, more than slightly, but let's just call it "slightly" for now), and Lokholar is stupidly broken compared to the idiot tree that is Ivus. Ivus gets stuck on twigs and ignored everything, teleporting ahead of the raid team to the front of the fortress. Meanwhile, Lokholar goes on a murder spree and gets stronger with each kill. He doesn't teleport ahead, and the Horde never has a hard time keeping up.

Let's go back to that terrain. There are two major issues I have with the terrain.

First, is that Dun Baldar is tiny and has no walls. All it has is its bridge which can be quite formidable... but it's the only chokepoint. While the pass technically counts as one, that's leading up to the SPGY, which is lost very quickly (as FWGY is). The Horde base by comparison has a ton of obnoxious walls and chokepoints and LOSing everywhere. It technically has a backdoor, but without warlocks/demon hunters/etc, it isn't easily usable. (And the Alliance has an even easier back door that anyone with a mammoth mount can get into...)

Furthermore, the fact that Dun Baldar is so small means that most of the npcs utilized for just about anything are all in the same area. Horde on the other hand has them all spread out, and typically far out of the way. They only get killed when Alliance purposely makes a point to kill them, where as the Alliance NPCs are casualties from random AOE attacks, or anything. This is especially bad for people doing the badges, which makes them play more games and hold back their faction more than the Horde does.

The second issue is the chokepoints that will effectively force a turtle. Horde's big chokepoint for their territory is at IBGY, a huge, branching path where many players can run to the east or west of, and at the very least will always see what they are headed into. SHGY, on the other hand, is up on a hill and due to the giant-ass bunker, unless you are clever enough to jump up the east wall (and don't screw up the jumps, and don't get attacked by Horde in the process, etc etc), you are going to run directly into Horde you can't even see.

By the way, there isn't a way to get into IBGY's area easily on the west side. At least not one that anyone uses, and isn't overflowing with mines. This means you will always run within range of the first tower, and there is basically nothing you can do about it. Meanwhile, the Alliance's frontmost tower is in front of IBGY, but Horde will reach the western Graveyard first and once they do... the bunker there is effectively useless and entirely avoidable.

And as a third bonus point on terrain that really pisses me off as well, Horde will always (100% of the time) reach Korrak and his graveyard before Alliance does. There is nothing you can do about this. They are just closer. The cause of this, unironically, is that garbage hill that blocks itself with the bunker at SBGY.

However, I think the biggest reason Alliance are losing right now is because they expect to lose. And it's understandable. Playing against Horde in AV is a nightmare. They can definitely win but not unless the stars basically align in addition to the entire team being fairly coordinated, and/or the Horde team being incredibly careless. The only times I've won AV as Alliance had the Horde team vastly underestimating us/acting entirely stupid. Had they turned back to Drek'thar and bum rushed us, we would have wiped and ultimately ended up losing. Instead, the Horde tried to 'race' us with us having a head start, and lost.

I feel like I am just scratching the surface here, as there are many other reasons why Horde has minor (and some major) advantages in Alterac Valley over the Alliance, and they all add up. It's a shitshow, but hey... it's that classic AV experience, only people are screwing around with the rams because of the awful design to earn that reward that literally encourages players to avoid PvP.

But this is just my two copper. Take it as you will. I am more than a little biased about how much I hate this event, but I am at least doing my best to explain the direct disadvantages I've seen as Alliance in 'Ye Olde AV.'

(PS: Ironically, the modern AV where chokepoints matter less, where npcs are useless, and where players basically avoid eachother, Alliance has an advantage getting to the Horde base first and this gives them their standard advantage that has let them win so often in the past. This advantage, of course, is useless in old AV.)

(PPS: I've lost over 80% of my old AV games. And yes, I am counting them. Maybe the Alliance on my battlegroup just suck, but I doubt it.)

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Because Alliance are smart and are using Korraks to just farm the badges for the event, since winning doesn't go towards the completion at all.
    Horde players are just PvPing, which they could do in literally any other BG.
    You get 10 timewalking badges for winning, 5 for losing.

So winning does count towards the mount.

I play horde, and so far out of the 8 Korrak's revenge BGs I've done, alliance won 7, and lost 1. :O

Quote Originally Posted by Volardelis View Post
    You get 10 timewalking badges for winning, 5 for losing.

So winning does count towards the mount.
    IIRC that wasn't counting towards the progress, and even if it did... it's like 5 extra badges every 1-2 (or much higher) hours. So no, that isn't enough to matter.

Ironically, the best way to get badges is to do the ram quests, then grind out wolf hides (which do not give badges, hence why everyone is selfish and no one does it), send out the ram riders, wait for them to respawn... rinse, repeat. But, you know. People would rather spend time in the mine than try to PvP for armor scraps while getting frostwolf hides to get their primary source of badges back up.

I am glad I finished my mount early on. I am already well over burned out from this event... and I was really excited to see old AV again. Despite everything, it's a fun battle... or it would be if people actually played it.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    IIRC that wasn't counting towards the progress, and even if it did... it's like 5 extra badges every 1-2 (or much higher) hours. So no, that isn't enough to matter.
    It was counting for me. But yeah, the amount you get for farming the mines is greater in the long term than simply winning. Which is a shame.