Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    It's gonna be September. Wost case October. No way they don't have it out before next Blizzcon, they'll probably use Blizzcon to announce 9.1 and tease 9.2.
    I rather overshoot then be way too early lol.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    devs were speaking about January 2021.

not late 2021.

it way to early for fake news.
    "Allegedly early 2021" is literally in the post you linked.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    It's in earlier development, but probably will be out next year around October/November. And if it's at earlier development (they didn't even show us anything like talents, they just presented on a powerpoint what they are going to do), means "nothing is done", i think literally the lack of information comes from that, at blizzcon, i think they didn't had much done yet.

But just because it says December, 2020, doesn't mean it will be 2021. It can even come before that, i'm expecting November. Unfortunately because i'm tired of BfA.
    But won't be late 2021, it's late 2020.
    So people want them to release unfinished mess early instead of actually finishing the expansion and releasing it later? I don't understand why everyone is so angry.
    Literally every game that was ever released early in an unplayable state been a disaster. Developers who delayed their games to finish them properly been much more successful.
    Blizzard been known to even cancel their games when they were not happy with them before. Are you implying they are dropping their quality standards for Shadowlands?

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    https://www.wired.com/2009/08/starcr...layed-to-2010/

It would appear you are completely wrong about that one.

- - - Updated - - -
    That was never given an announced release date making them liable to lawsuits if broken.

I know it is, apparently you didnt read my post at all, even though you quoted it?
    What? You have some serious issues with reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Its a placeholder date, if a game will release in lets say 2021 but they havent decide a set date and month yet, then they set 31 dec 2021 becouse a date is required for them to be allowed to sell the game.
    they can always release 9.0 in december while first raid in january/february.

Just no.

Stop.

I can't even.

They never specifically stated a date, as per this article. Yay google.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/news241006wowtbc

The said "Winter" which includes January. The community just assumed November or December.

how is this up to 5 pages? of course it's bullshit. this should be closed.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    it way to early for fake news.
    Hi! Welcome to MMO-C! I see that you are new here!

Ok but what was the previously announced firm release date? That's what I'm asking.

There won't be a 8.3, you guys! There won't be a new expac reveal this Blizzcon, you guys! Shadowlands will be delayed by a whole year, trust me you guys!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I rather overshoot then be way too early lol.
    Same but even then I think they'll hit it. The zones they did show off looked good, and honestly I think they're hiding the Maw on purpose. We might very well get beta builds with the Maw heavily encrypted until it's 100% done and even then we might not get it until near the end of the process.

The biggest wild card to me is the unprune and making sure all those returning/new abilities are balanced.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by CerealLord View Post
    They never specifically stated a date, as per this article. Yay google.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/news241006wowtbc

The said "Winter" which includes January. The community just assumed November or December.
    Blizzard literally said the game was delayed.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alosiboy View Post
    There won't be a 8.3, you guys! There won't be a new expac reveal this Blizzcon, you guys! Shadowlands will be delayed by a whole year, trust me you guys!
    Don't forget my personal favorite.

"The cinematic shot was an elaborate plant by Blizzard to distract us from the real expansion."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    how is this up to 5 pages? of course it's bullshit. this should be closed.
    Little known fact - posting in a thread you dont like helps to remove it from the front page - bumping threads you dont like is a very advanced forum tactic, used only by very advanced users.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickedtongue View Post
    They had nothing to show at Blizzcon, because they literally had nothing to show. Really early stage of development. Nothing is set in stone, no systems, no art, they don't even know how they are going to do the new stat squish properly yet. The Maw zone is still up in the air and might not even happen; imagine full sized zone, but nothing to do just like on Timeless Isle.
    Allegedly early 2021, but from I heard/understand, we shouldn't expect it until late 2021.
    So random people talking out of their asses = leak now?
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because, as stated, releasing something even close to late December would be a very risky move for them, as many have mentioned, it would mess with peoples holiday season.

- - - Updated - - -

The post also mentions early 2021, and i think that is perfectly believable, as mentioned multiple times, late December is a TERRIBLE time to release a live service product. The overly negative part is ignoring the early 2021 comment, and focusing only on the late 2021 comment.
    And the art thing, and the zone thing, and maw thing.

Basically if you erase everything but the early 2021 part the post can be seen as neutral.

While I do think early 2021 is possible, I think we will be seeing it in November or something.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

You won't be laughing when we get to december next year with a mere postponement to celebrate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alosiboy View Post
    Exactly. Its like people around here consciously try to be full of shit.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Wickedtongue View Post
    So people want them to release unfinished mess early instead of actually finishing the expansion and releasing it later? I don't understand why everyone is so angry.
    Literally every game that was ever released early in an unplayable state been a disaster. Developers who delayed their games to finish them properly been much more successful.
    Blizzard been known to even cancel their games when they were not happy with them before. Are you implying they are dropping their quality standards for Shadowlands?
    Im sorry, what are you not understanding? It won't take that long as late 2021, ever. You're answering to a quote of mine talking about different things.