Page 10 of 225 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I hope he never takes the helmet off but that might be too ballsy a move.
    I was thinking the same. Please pull a Dredd 3D! /pray
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Quote Originally Posted by noidentity View Post
    That's what I took it as, although the undergroud leader guy did say he didn't mind the target being dead but even then unless the Mandalorian's have some type of ethics code of why wouldn't he just have told the bounty hunter to take out the target himself?
    I think that was more of a "don't let the bounty escape" clause. Take it alive if you can, kill it if you can't.

Quote Originally Posted by RohanV View Post
    I think that was more of a "don't let the bounty escape" clause. Take it alive if you can, kill it if you can't.
    I agree with that but the Mandalorian and the assassin droid are part of the same guild on the same mission but have essentially different orders which tells me there are different factions in play.

If the same organization placed the bounty does the leader guy (I forgot his name) know the Mandalorian wouldn't have taken the bounty if it meant killing what amounted to a baby/toddler?

Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    It's beskar, an extremely tough metal that is culturally significant to the Mandalorians and capable of deflecting even hits from lightsaber blades.
    Beskar was also snatched up by the Empire to power their Arc Pulse Generators. This is why we continue to hear that it's good to have it back in the right hands.
    VOTING IS MOB RULE AND MOB RULE IS MEDIA RULE AND
    MEDIA RULE IS CORPORATE RULE

I agree with that but the Mandalorian and the assassin droid are part of the same guild on the same mission but have essentially different orders which tells me there are different factions in play.

If the same organization placed the bounty does the leader guy (I forgot his name) know the Mandalorian wouldn't have taken the bounty if it meant killing what amounted to a baby/toddler?
    Yeah, I agree that there are (at least) two factions. The scientist guy was pretty insistent on getting the bounty alive.

I took that exchange between the droid and the mando as he was unofficially given the mission and the droid was given it officially.

All we would see is a dude with a smashed-in face.
    VOTING IS MOB RULE AND MOB RULE IS MEDIA RULE AND
    MEDIA RULE IS CORPORATE RULE

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    https://twitter.com/NumidianPrime/st...76747485536257

idk if this was posted already but it has some pretty interesting implications for the story
    I was worried when I saw a scientist show up that it was just going to be: "Hey, Boba Fett was a Mandalorian. Boba Fett was a clone. So let's have a story about someone getting cloned involving a Madalorian that kinda looks like Boba Fett. Because it's that thing you know in Star Wars!!!"

-_-

15+ Year Old Account
    If he never takes off his helmet it would have been quite pointless to cast someone like Pedro Pascal for the role. There are cheaper options.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    I was thinking the same. Please pull a Dredd 3D! /pray
    Dredd had the mouth to work with, though, and a lot of expressions can be made with just that part of the face. While I like the performance of the Mandalorian, I think it might get old soon-ish. Let's wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    If he never takes off his helmet it would have been quite pointless to cast someone like Pedro Pascal for the role. There are cheaper options.
    They took Karl Urban for Dredd, and while he wasn't as big a name as he is now back then he still had a few movies under his belt. A good actor can do a lot just with body language, and Pascal surely delivers on that.

They probably also want to keep his identity a secret, so to speak, to keep people guessing (and talking).

Last but not least, the Boba Fett routine was standing around just with a helmet, so I suppose they want to ride on nostalgia a bit, aswell. I'd be surprised if we never get to see his face.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Like I said, it might be too ballsy a move.

i also hope he never takes off the helmet.

but i mean, i'd prefer if he just remained a hardass bounty hunter. capturing or killing people for money. just follow this random life in this big universe.

i think that's the problem with a lot of shows today. it's always gotta be a big adventure. imo, shows are better when it may have an overarching plot, but each episode tends to be self contained stories that sometimes don't even focus on that overarching plot. like samurai jack, basically.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Dredd had the mouth to work with, though, and a lot of expressions can be made with just that part of the face. While I like the performance of the Mandalorian, I think it might get old soon-ish. Let's wait and see.
    True, true. He seems interesting enough so far without seeing the his face. Mystery! It'd be nice if he kept it on until the last few episodes of the season. Or the finale.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

10+ Year Old Account

During the cantina scene, there were a bunch of Trandoshans (the shady lizard looking guys) listening in - they are known to be bounty hunters. They definitely looked like rivals. Maybe that was a bit of foreshadowing.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I dont remember Mandalorians being some sort of different species/subspecies in canon, which is different from the EU. In canon, they are sort of an intergalactic ethnicity/sub-empire. They have a very strong identity that sticks with them even if they leave the Mando worlds. You have the Mando culture, the Mando bloodline, and the Mando state. Maul and the Empire took over the Mando state for some time. The Mando bloodlines are the traditionalist families like Sabines in SW Rebels. Jango Fett wasn't of the Mando state and doesn't seem to be from a Mando house but self identifies as a Mando and looks like a lot of Mandos even though Mandos denounce him.

- - - Updated - - -

I hope they expand on Mando lore as the series progresses. As of now, Mandos probably make zero sense to people who've only seen the movies or people from the EU who dont know the new canon. Can't tell you how many I know who saw the trailer and said, "oh man, they brought Boba Fett back!". Boba Fett who has nothing to do with the Mandos except his armor (which is dope that they touched on the significance of Mando armor) and his fathers alleged bloodline.
    Seems like you never read the Republic Commando novel where it was stated that you´re mando as long as you´re following their ideals and there was also no point where Jango wasn´t a mando, bcs he fucking recruited his old mando friends as trainers for the clones and the arc nulls so...

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post

They took Karl Urban for Dredd, and while he wasn't as big a name as he is now back then he still had a few movies under his belt. A good actor can do a lot just with body language, and Pascal surely delivers on that.

They probably also want to keep his identity a secret, so to speak, to keep people guessing (and talking).

Last but not least, the Boba Fett routine was standing around just with a helmet, so I suppose they want to ride on nostalgia a bit, aswell. I'd be surprised if we never get to see his face.
    Darth vader the biggest name in star wars didnt have any facial expressions till the last 15 minutes of Return of the Jedi.

Dont need mandos face to be revealed to enderstand him emotionally. We did it with vader just fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    Seems like you never read the Republic Commando novel where it was stated that you´re mando as long as you´re following their ideals and there was also no point where Jango wasn´t a mando, bcs he fucking recruited his old mando friends as trainers for the clones and the arc nulls so...
    Not trying to dismiss those but not canon.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Not trying to dismiss those but not canon.
    Sorry but all things the mouse did ar enon-canon so you´re wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    Sorry but all things the mouse did ar enon-canon so you´re wrong.
    Its a show based off canon. It definitely matters if you want to properly discuss the lore of the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Your head canon doesn’t apply. Especially since the EU was always separate according to Lucas. https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2019...rse-canon.html
    I'd take his head canon over anything to do with TLJ.