Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I like 2/3 of my pally a lot I’d only change Mabye two or so things to holy to make it perfect. Prot needs a little more work but it feels the best it’s been since wrath. Ret on the other hand is dead to me till holy power is gone.

My hunter is solid all around Mm feels really good sv is id say the best melee spec at the moment and bm its always been.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2019-11-14 at 06:22 AM.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    There's no classes. Just a bunch of specs that are mostly copies of each other based on the role they fulfill and a few specs that have some unique aspect to them.

Class design has been complete garbage for a few years now.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

I think they overdid it a bit with the diablo "builder/spender" classes, but other than that I think the ones I'm playing all feel fine (boomy, bear, warrior, shamy)
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

5+ Year Old Account
    I don't find any of them boring. But they're missing a bit of identity, which shadowlands intends to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by inthemist View Post
    Essences made classes feel a lot better, now with corrupted gear and weapons, I think they will feel even better at last tier. At least fire mage and shadow priest feel nice to play with versatile playstyle
    This was the intent of the design, as Blizz was trying to move to a class design model where you'd have a barebones spec that'd gain systems each expansion to add depth/flavor and subsequently disappear when the next expansion comes out (and the cycle repeats). The problem they were trying to solve was that each expansion layered system upon system with classes that made them insanely hard to balance, so the idea was that every expansion starts at the same square one starting in BfA. This is why as some classes gained Azerite powers and Essences, they started to feel like full classes again.

Now, did they go a little overboard with the barebone templates for classes? Likely depends on the class, but that issue has popped up. This is why they're un-pruning some abilities, as certain classes/specs still feel hollow compared to how they used to. For example, if you had an ability in previous expansions that suddenly got moved to the PvP talents, chances are it probably doesn't feel good when you're not PvP. If anything, PvP talents add depth that should be available in all content for some classes, which is why Blizz announced they're moving some abilities away from PvP talents towards being baseline again.

Regardless, there are always going to be outliers no matter which system Blizz chooses to implement, but I think they've gotten slightly better at the large swings in class/spec power... not perfect, there are still some specs that still feel like they need a boost and some that really need reigned in. Especially when spells that are supposed to be part of your core rotation are seldom/never used, such as Ice Lance with Frost mages and Starfall for Moonkins. If there are situations where core spells aren't used much or at all, either the content is busted or the classes are (or both).
    Last edited by exochaft; 2019-11-14 at 06:32 AM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

10+ Year Old Account
    depend on class
    warlock affliction was actually good, but i don't main a warlock
    paladin any spec was horrible, i felt total sh8t, core bless (or "hand") that i always had were suddenly removed, i have around 5 total buttons as ret total, u can get more active from talents but they are worse than passive! as holy i once tried to use an emergency button that i couldn't find on bar, only to discover that this ability was removed in BFA (wtf?), and tank again lot of problems
    warrior also was good, DH is crap but so it was in legion anyway, DK was meh then the month ended and zero plan to sub again

I play a rpg game to expect to grow in power, not get weaker, i have less abilities than wrath era (yeah technically u have more, but practically u have less since u can access only few at a time in a single spec), does anyone remember when we mocked blizz for introducing only 2-3 new abilities in wrath for each class, not counting talents, and blizz had to actually apologize because they did a lot of hard work in talent trees (which they did btw, talents became very complex and each talent had multiple use)?
    Last edited by sam86; 2019-11-14 at 07:20 AM.
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Eh. There's a GREAT example of 2 specs that were somewhat unique, but then got changed to basically be copies of how all other specs play - Elemental and Enhancement Shaman.

In WoD, Enhancement Shaman was entirely CD-based management - No resources. No builder. No spender. Just pushing buttons as they came up. It overall feel was FANTASTIC! But then they turned it into a copy of Fury warriors in Legion.

Elemental was proc-based in WoD. You push the buttons as they light up. And now they play like a immobile hunter. Terrible.

The worst part is that there are now NO playstyles that focus solely on those 2 things nowaday. Now everybody has resources, everybody has filler, and everybody has spender, except Mages. It's !@#$ed up.
    Holy shit. You sound like you never even touched elemental in the first place. I would say we are the second most mobile class right now. While you are technically correct, that we are less mobile than BM, we are far more mobil than all other range classes. Second to that, Elemental is not even close to Hunter Gameplay whatsoever (and i play all 3 Hunter Specs, too). Tell me whats similar to Hunters

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Like, sure, doesn't mean I'm happy with how they are atm.

I've only played one spec since I started (MoP), and that's Feral Druid.

Still like it in BfA, it's basically Legion Feral but better. Some of the dead talents (looking at you, Elune's Guidance) were replaced. (Feral Frenzy might only be useful in PvP, but that's more than Elune's Guidance.) AoE has been massively improved by the introduction of Primal Wrath. We also didn't lose much from the loss of artifacts or legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    they're almost exactly the same

add enrage mechanic to enhance and its a fury warrior
    Yeah...no.

Enrage is the mechanic that the Fury rotation is built around. You might as well say "add combo points to a hunter and it's a rogue." Enhancement has one (active) builder and multiple spenders. Fury is the opposite, with multiple builders and one spender. Fury is based on a 3-GCD cycle (unless Rampage comes up sooner i.e. during Reck); Enhance plays around the variability of Stormstrike resets. Fury dumps rage as soon as Rampage is available, whereas Enhance actively manages maelstrom so as to neither cap nor be unable to Stormstrike whenever it's available.

Yes, they both have a bar that you fill up and then deplete. The way they actually do that, and thus the pace and feel of the rotation are not at all the same.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

In general imo They are worse than at their best in, say, Pandaria or Legion, but they are also better than way back in Classic through WoTLK.
    Last edited by RomanceDawn; 2019-11-14 at 09:27 AM.

This is a player created problem though, you ask Blizz to "Fix" classes but they became the way they are today because of players asking for less bloat or to get more tools that other classes have so they can compete etc.

Its created the homogenisation we have today across many classes and its infinitely more difficult to fix now because any removal of a class/spec feature is considering pruning and any fundamental change to how a spec works is a crime against humanity that nobody asked for...even if these are efforts to diversify the classes/specs from eachother.

Example1: Paladins want a charge, Blizz says warriors have that so Paladins can't. Playerbase doesn't care, they want a Paladin charge. Same as DKs.
    Example2: Everyone wants an execute, Blizz says warriors should be the execute class. Playerbase doesn't care, they want an execute. We're now getting Hammer of Wrath and Kill Shot baseline for Paladins & Hunters.

If everyone wants everything, you end up with classes that feel the same.

This is why players have no idea what they want and why Blizz is always painted the villain for trying to appease to everyone. The 3 specs they tried to diversify and make them feel different have all "failed" in the communities eyes and were "never asked for".

So what are Blizzard supposed to do.

Some specs are ok, some simply are not. Demonology, for example, is actually fun to play, but only because of visions. Essences were a band-aid fix for a lot of specs, but some still feel awful to play. BFA affliction for example is the worst version of affliction I have ever played and I've played aff since vanilla.

Fuck don't make me laugh, i know each to their own but if someone actually finds these classes enjoyable then they're the dumbed down monkey that they were intended for. There's literally fuck all to do with half of the specs, bland beyond belief.

3+ Year Old Account
    i have 7 120s and i enjoy a lot of them: Mw monk, resto/ele shaman, disc priest, assa/sub rogue, resto/feral druid
    MMO-Champion Forum
    noun

1. a place where people who stopped playing World of Warcraft 10 years ago gather to tell those who still enjoy the game, how bad it is right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    I'm trying to sort this out. I personally thought classes felt awful in BFA.

At Blizzcon we got no major announcement regarding reworking of classes, and it seems like a lot of people congratulated Blizzard on that....so does that mean people are happy with the classes in their current iteration with some old abilities thrown back on top?

After all, if they were to do a major talent revamp - which would be required in order to make classes feel more like classes and less like specs - wouldn't that be a "revamp" that these same people are congratulating Blizzard for NOT announcing?

I don't really understand how they take focus away from specs if they don't completely shake up talents, but no one seems to want a rework?
    Rest shamman is tolerable with warmode on and access to the 3 pvp totems.
    Same with Ele.

Of all the classes I have tried this expansion I haven't found any other class that dosnt either bore me or irritate me.

When I saw people making bitch posts a few months ago complaining about classes changing evety other expansion, I had a gut feeling that blizz would actualy listen and chose the worst iteration of most classes now as the time to stop changing things massively....

I mostly play restoration and balance druid and these specs are incredibly fun atm. Restoration is fun in m+ due to catweaving and our hot stacking mastery. Balance feels very smooth and rewarding due to the fast arcane power generation. A lot of the depth comes from azerite traits — arcanic pulsar, streaking stars — along with the starlord talent.
    Last edited by Zeons; 2019-11-14 at 10:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I’m fine with them. Not looking forward to more ability bloat in Shadowlands.

I loathe the Insanity mechanic + Void Form of Shadow Priests since Legion...