Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Exhuman View Post
    I love this new old BG for leveling alts. Way more fun than questing for me.

I'm on my 3rd already. So many people leveling now.
    What's the rate like? Is it via quests or actual pvp? And how does it compare to timewalking spam because that was pritty silly for leveling my dk from 110 to 120, like a level every 2 pops

I have leveled 0 alts through that BG. I prefer questing.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Use the looms, then at max level you can get one from kill Korrak quest (I got 400 sword), and you can buy another 380 from the vendor at the AH entrance (outside in the world, not in the bg) for like 2 marks of honor and 20 badges or something... It was 380 for me. You get 10 marks and 200 badges for doing the quest from Chromie, so you can buy the gear (he also has cloaks, rings and few other slots).

You can also get a 370 weapon immediately upon unlocking Nazjatar, which you have to do I found out the hard way, otherwise you don't get the lvl 35 neck freebie (you only get it if you do the quest to unlock the first essence). Luckily Nazjatar isn't gated, a fresh 120 can do it out of the gate (dunno how it's for first chars, for alts works 100%).
    That's technically correct, but the quests are obviously tuned for at least 350 ilvl when you have 240 or less by not leveling from questing. I found the opening quests impossible as a rogue and even a blood dk until I sent my alts some benthic gear. One of the quest bosses chunks off your health with uninterruptible casts and has an absurd health bar for a 240 ilvl character.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    What's the rate like? Is it via quests or actual pvp? And how does it compare to timewalking spam because that was pritty silly for leveling my dk from 110 to 120, like a level every 2 pops
    You can get 110-120 in a few hours, literally. I dinged in the middle of my 4th game, you can complete some quests for 100k or so xp, every 2 minutes you passively gain xp - about 20-22k. You gain about a third of a level when you lose, and about 2 thirds of a level when you win. Numbers vary depending on level, heirlooms, xp gems, xp buff etc. But you should see about 2/3 levels per game (110+)

Quote Originally Posted by Danvash View Post
    That's technically correct, but the quests are obviously tuned for at least 350 ilvl when you have 240 or less by not leveling from questing. I found the opening quests impossible as a rogue and even a blood dk until I sent my alts some benthic gear. One of the quest bosses chunks off your health with uninterruptible casts and has an absurd health bar for a 240 ilvl character.
    Yeah, you either have some spare benthic from your other chars or you can buy crafted armor (I think it's 370 ilvl?) dunno how expensive it's nowadays but it used to be so cheap I basically gave up on professions because it was a waste of time trying to craft them and sell them... You can also buy some from the wotlk timewalking vendor this week, or from the AV vendor outside of the BG (in Hillsbrad), you should have enough badges if you do the "get honor in Korrak's revenge" quest from Chromie. Trinkets are hardest to get so look out for WQs that give them and do them after you up the character's ilvl to bump the reward range.

The opening quest usually has some other people around so if you play at popular hours you can usually "steal" tags without having to facetank mobs. But yeah, I do admit I died while doing the essence scenario on my rogue because I pulled too many adds, I only later realized "damn I have stashed these BOA benthics on my other char, wtf am I doing".

The timewalking items are 380 btw, and don't cover all the slots, but it's always something to kick start a character and bump wq reward ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    None cos it ain't faster.
    It's absurdly fast. I've lvd 3 characters from 110 to 120 in about 2 and a half AVs each.

I don't see what could be faster than that.

Doesn't it give same amount of XP you get from normal bg wins anyway? I've always been leveling in BGs and can't see any significant difference leveling in this one.

Looks like people just didn't realise leveling through battlegrounds has been a good alternative to quests/dungeons since legion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by asil View Post
    It's absurdly fast. I've lvd 3 characters from 110 to 120 in about 2 and a half AVs each.

I don't see what could be faster than that.
    The last alt I leveled took 3 hours from 110 to 120 without anniversary buff.

Questing.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post

Questing.
    I've leveled a lot of alts in this game and the AV shit is by far the fastest. 3 hours seems quick for standard play.
    Last edited by asil; 2019-11-14 at 12:52 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by asil View Post
    Can you provide some proof of this?
    What sort of proof?

I'm not even speedleveling with a fotm class or anything.

You basically need to quest through one zone to get from 110 to 120. It's not magic and doesn't take more than a couple of hours.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Guys, can somebody tell me until when this Korrak's revenge lasts? Yesterday I logged on my 99 dusty rogue and having a blast right now and it is 106 now. I really want to know when this event will finish and how much time I have. I really would like to level a few alts using this.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post

Questing.
    Depending on how the game goes and if I remember the quests I can hit 110 to 120 in about 1-2 hrs pretty easily. Questing may be able to top that, but it is so boring I can't stand it anymore. I've done Horde storyline 3 times now and Alliance once. I'm over it and doing AV is a lot more fun than flying from spot A to spot B doing quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    Guys, can somebody tell me until when this Korrak's revenge lasts?
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...ld-of-warcraft

Until 1st week of January, you have time.

@Marrilaife omg thank you! thats enough time to level tons!

2 at the moment, it goes really fast, planning to lvl up
    Mage (114) Paladin (110) Rogue (110) DH (100) Hunter (96) and if Ill have any spare time maybe Goblin DK . It goes really fast. Did BFA assaults for +10% exp.

Absolutely loving this event xd. Blizz plz dont nerf

I HATE QUESTING(Trains)

I hate questing too.

This is fast and lot of fun playing with 80 people
    (Removed for Violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

That time when Blizzard managed to get me into pvp and then this happens:

https://memesguy.com/wp-content/uplo...-comics-01.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    To get me into a BG, it'd require enough exp to go from 1-120 in one BG. Otherwise fuck pvp and anything associated with it
    Korrak's could, in theory, get you from 10-120 in one single Korrak's, though it would have to last roughly 5 hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

my problem atm it's to level another alt to 110
    really want to play a pladin retri but mine it's only liv 22

Quote Originally Posted by bigsuirlife View Post
    my problem atm it's to level another alt to 110
    really want to play a pladin retri but mine it's only liv 22
    You can still level in AV. Just 10-60 is reduced, but I'm not sure how much as I haven't looked at it. 60-110 is roughly about the same rate, but you won't be able to use the 5% XP gem.

To give an idea here's what I was getting earlier in the exact same battle with no quests turned in.

Toon A: Has 110% bonus XP and got 3 lvls and 73% of the next level
    Toon B: Has 105% bonus XP and got 3 lvls and 27% of the next level

I chalk up the 46% difference being because of the 5% XP gem on each one.

So 60-110 is still just about as good as 110-120. Granted if you enjoy questing and dungeons you might be able to do it a bit faster, but I know some of us are tired of it especially during certain level ranges.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Korrak's could, in theory, get you from 10-120 in one single Korrak's, though it would have to last roughly 5 hours.
    Seriously doubt that as a 3 hour one got me from 110-120 another two hours would've been about 104-120. You can net about 3 lvls / hr in there.

So it'd take you roughly ~37 hrs for 10-120. Now this excludes the daily quests and stuff and since you'd need to do it over two days it'd probably take you more close to ~28-30 hours.

That's not including the reduced XP from 10-60 either.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2019-11-14 at 01:27 PM.