Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    It's not really an open world game. It has chapters that are basically in open levels but they aren't all in the same world. It also has chapters that are just straight up linear stealth or kill MGS style gameplay and not open at all.
    Yeah I get the chapters stuff. What I meant by open world is the massive world map and stuff. I was hoping there are more into the world than just what we saw, but yeah maybe later on it will get better I will give the game a chance because I am planning to get platinum on it anyway.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Fair enough, it's all personal opinion in the end.

I do find this game interesting though, solely from the WTF factor. I just want to know what's going on without playing it lol, because the gameplay is super boring. If you think a game can be a 10, because of a great story with boring gameplay, that's fine. I've said why I disagree, no point arguing over it. Since you brought up movie critics, they are worse lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Does it at least answer questions?

Well - the entire full "movie" of cutscenes from the entire game is already up on youtube. I think, the one I saw anyway, clocked in at just over 11 hours.

Aint' tech grand! We can now see all the story of a game even if we don't feel it would be fun to play .

- - - Updated - - -

I keep seeing people say it's not for everyone and I'm like, so basically like any form of consumable content ever. There is no universal game that is for everyone and everyone will like lol.
    Exactly.

Which is why its even more confusing why people find this hard to remember...or even give a crap.. that someone else doesn't enjoy a game they enjoy or visa versa.

No game is for everyone. This game can be more "niche" and still be an awesome game - just like many, many other games. You can think its the best thing you ever played and someone else think its the worst thing to be coded - and BOTH be RIGHT!

Cuz opinions are like that. So like it or don't - and I am certainly someone reading ALL the reviews to decide if I want to purchase it for myself, so reviews and commentary do serve a purpose. As does discussion. I go read the person who hates this game as much as I go read the person who loves it - because that helps me see all aspects of the game and to know better what will work based on what I know I like.

But yea, its still a game and people are still different. So some will like and some will hate - and that's ok.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Yeah I get the chapters stuff. What I meant by open world is the massive world map and stuff. I was hoping there are more into the world than just what we saw, but yeah maybe later on it will get better I will give the game a chance because I am planning to get platinum on it anyway.
    Honestly - I'm curious to see how this game may (or not) advance in the future - as in year or two years down the road. BECAUSE of the world-building the players themselves do, and help each other do - with more and more players playing. More contributing. The "die hards" sticking with it more than the month or two of release, and continuing to "build" the shared world bigger and with more and more tech. More and more roads, etc.

Makes me wonder if in a year or two - major sections of the game world map will be *entirely* different gameplay wise for the "newcomer" once they are "online"?

Does the game set limits on how much the players can change the world? Does the game set limits on how much gets "shared" with a brand new player coming online after the game has been out 6 months? 12 months? Since many of the shared-resource-building devices can majorly impact the travel two and from delivery points - leaves me curious to see how this effects the gameplay of new players later on. Assuming the servers are still "up" and connecting everyone, of course.

Just a lot of social psychology research going on in this engine that - regardless of whether people consider the game "success" or not or "fun" or not - could be very interesting to study as the years go on (and the game dies or stays alive and ever evolving?)
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

Love the whole mechanic of building roads and how everyone contributes. I always make sure to bring materials to an auto paver when I have the chance and it's so satisfying being able to drive down a road everyone helped build.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriani View Post
    Makes me wonder if in a year or two - major sections of the game world map will be *entirely* different gameplay wise for the "newcomer" once they are "online"?

Does the game set limits on how much the players can change the world? Does the game set limits on how much gets "shared" with a brand new player coming online after the game has been out 6 months? 12 months? Since many of the shared-resource-building devices can majorly impact the travel two and from delivery points - leaves me curious to see how this effects the gameplay of new players later on. Assuming the servers are still "up" and connecting everyone, of course.
    That does make me wonder... is there a limit to when a new player gets a "new" world? In a year from now (servers are cheap to run nowadays, i have no doubt that the game will be around a year +) is a new player going to come in and everything will be "done"?

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    That does make me wonder... is there a limit to when a new player gets a "new" world? In a year from now (servers are cheap to run nowadays, i have no doubt that the game will be around a year +) is a new player going to come in and everything will be "done"?
    Could be wrong but pretty sure it pairs you with players who at a similar progress to you, I have yet to see anything built that I am also not capable of building at that same time so...

Could be wrong but pretty sure it pairs you with players who at a similar progress to you, I have yet to see anything built that I am also not capable of building at that same time so...
    Ya I think this is the case.

I didn't see any bridges until I was able to build one myself.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Ya I think this is the case.

I didn't see any bridges until I was able to build one myself.
    That makes sense then, I was unaware of how its... non-multiplayer multiplayer worked.

15+ Year Old Account
    Even as silly as the concept is, the core game is neatly build around it so it doesnt feel all that contrived. Boring maybe, but kinda cathartic when the music starts playing

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Even as silly as the concept is, the core game is neatly build around it so it doesnt feel all that contrived. Boring maybe, but kinda cathartic when the music starts playing
    It also has a way of changing up the gameplay at the right times when things are starting to get stale, either by giving you more tools to play with or straight up dropping you into one of the action sections.

Oh yea and PSA to just about everyone standard missions are garbage, never take them on unless you're literally going to that spot anyways(or have a bot do it). Only the side missions specifically assigned to Sam have any story relevance. I could see people spamming those and they're endless with no point lol.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-11-14 at 07:14 AM.

Funny enough I'm really looking forward to getting back into the game.

Buddy of mine is selling me his complete CE of it since it wasn't his thing, So I traded in my copy that came with the system.

It is a relaxing "in a odd way" game to play.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2019-11-14 at 03:12 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

It also has a way of changing up the gameplay at the right times when things are starting to get stale, either by giving you more tools to play with or straight up dropping you into one of the action sections.

Oh yea and PSA to just about everyone standard missions are garbage, never take them on unless you're literally going to that spot anyways(or have a bot do it). Only the side missions specifically assigned to Sam have any story relevance. I could see people spamming those and they're endless with no point lol.
    For the most part that's true, but for those who offer upgrades they're worth doing to improve your rating with them. For example the engineer for the lvl 3 power legs or junk dealer for the lvl 3 speed ones.

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/dea...runs-are-great

Not gonna lie, everything up until this article failed to get me interested in the game. After this article, I'm actually interested. I love me some mindless, repetitive tasks.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.usgamer.net/articles/dea...runs-are-great

Not gonna lie, everything up until this article failed to get me interested in the game. After this article, I'm actually interested. I love me some mindless, repetitive tasks.
    That article pretty much sums up how I feel about the game. Been spending most my time doing the busy work of getting the roads paved. I dont even care about the likes you get once someone travels on the roads that you helped build. I just like the fact that their journey is easier. And it is a lot of busy work.

Just made it to chapter 5. And now that I can make trucks of my own without having to steal the shitty MULES trucks. Gonna check finish up the road paver near the craftsman and see where it goes. It is not one of the ones that connects to south knot city. It branches off going north west I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post

You can definitely tell with the amount of detail that it's an Hideo game. It's built up the same way as well, slow paced and very cinematic, even the gameplay is sort of cinematic but the gameplay isn't. You are still in control and it feels good... it just looks damn good while you're at it.
    Dialogue is Hideo style as well. First talk with the antagonist I thought "Classic Hideo".

I would recommend this to Hideo fans IF they enjoy what makes a game a Kojima game.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, that's what I was looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Usagi Senshi View Post
    Yeah, I'm avoiding everything until I get the PC version.
    I don't want to avoid the internet until then so I'm going to buy it, it looks like a solid 30fps so it's not bad.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by Hobb View Post
    For the most part that's true, but for those who offer upgrades they're worth doing to improve your rating with them. For example the engineer for the lvl 3 power legs or junk dealer for the lvl 3 speed ones.
    You can easily get that from only doing things on your path as welll as lost cargo and bot missions. No need to spam standard missions at all.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Gameplay = manoeuvre a huge stack of boxes from A to B over bleak terrain without losing balance or being blown over by the wind. Cutscenes. Maybe fight something. Repeat.
    Ya this game is a step back from MSG5, honestly im sad for Kojima. Gameplay wise this game absolutely dropped the ball. Maybe someone here can argue or even have a different opinion. But my rebuttal remains the same to them, compare this game to CoD or WoW and how does it hold up?

Quote Originally Posted by Biochem92 View Post
    Ya this game is a step back from MSG5
    A step back from a game that was just copy pasted garbage with an unfinished story? Okay dude.

A step back from a game that was just copy pasted garbage with an unfinished story? Okay dude.
    It still has more than Death Stranding, a game is literally nothing without a story. Note how MGS5 had gameplay and an unfinished story yet did well? This game will sell alot, might even win awards because the award shows are sellouts. Though it is screwed in terms of being the best game of the year. Also hey man if you like this game and feel the need to defend it thats fine, i returned my copy two days after purchase and couldnt believe they could sell copies.

Quote Originally Posted by Biochem92 View Post
    It still has more than Death Stranding, a game is literally nothing without a story.
    A game is literally nothing without a story? Then this highly contradicts your opinion since DS actually has a story. MGS5 has half of a story.

A game is literally nothing without a story? Then this highly contradicts your opinion since DS actually has a story. MGS5 has half of a story.
    Sry i truly meant gameplay im on a bus lol, note that should correct my statement, as DS has no real gameplay in my OP short of being a walking simulator between boss fights.