Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    However - as with everything...it was pretty unpopular on MMO-C. Just like WotLK. When I joined here during Wrath, I was thrown back with all the negativity and hate that x-pac got. This cumulated in what I call a forum war over how games like Aion (or Age of Conan) would obliterate WoW. Oh yeah...and lots of threads how Cataclysm would redeem it all.

Around 1000 ppl voting in that poll. I guess in the normal world you call that representative. No idea if that applied if you poll only a niche that visits a special forum.

All in all, the poll represents what I think, but I would take Vanilla out of it. It gets a pass. It was my first MMO and I loved it to bits. Still has the fondest memories...even though I won't play Classic. But 2.7% approval even below Cata? C'mon people^^
    I remember how everyone hated Wrath here on mmo. The "Wrath babies" the gear score, the lfg.
    Every new mmo that came out was gonna kill it ( guild wars 2, Rift, the star wars one i relly can't remember the name of) and now people will deny it if you bring it up. It was the best thing ever and everyone loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    If that's the biggest problem, it had basically no problems at all.
    People like to leave out it presided over the largest sub drop ever, and had the lowest sub count over its run of ALL expansions. So whatever its problems, they were big.

Quote Originally Posted by kattarina View Post
    I remember how everyone hated Wrath here on mmo. The "Wrath babies" the gear score, the lfg.
    Every new mmo that came out was gonna kill it ( guild wars 2, Rift, the star wars one i relly can't remember the name of) and now people will deny it if you bring it up. It was the best thing ever and everyone loved it.
    The term "Wrath babies" wasn't really a thing til Cata. In fact the term came to popularity because of the drastic increase in 5 man dungeon difficulty from late WotLK to early Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Hey, we have 6 pages now and people getting on their soap box shouting "How dare you, MoP was sooooooo bad, because insert anecdotal evidence"

We love making lists and defending our own to the death
    That's the most we can expect every man and woman to do, standing up for ourselves and what we believe in!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sinaa View Post
    Are you suggesting that including BfA would have changed the results? O_o
    Top of the list baby!

There are people that will find something to complain about no matter what, so if the worst thing those people could find was "OMG I DON'T LIKE PANDAZ" (as it somehow made a world where 1 of the races was talking cows more kiddie) then the expansion must have been pretty amazing.

MOP had the panda/asian theme i am not a fan of - but the class design and overall outdoor world (including thunder and time isle) was really fun for me.

Personally i thought MoP wasn't a very good expansion. Worst one imo only ahead of WoD. Can't count BfA because i haven't and won't play it.

Contrary to popular belief, MoP was a very well written expansion. The zones were beautiful, easily the best looking expansion. That was it, there's was nothing to do for most of the expansion. They would release a patch, you'd play it for a couple of weeks and game over. I played MoP maybe for a total of 5-6 months, and the expansion had a lifespan of 26 months.

Stood in the Fire Fixxit the Gnome's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    I never really got to play MoP until the last few months of that expansion, so I never got a real feel for it, but my god are the zones/music beautiful in Pandaria.

Legion is probably the best expansion WoW ever had. I really enjoy BfA as well, but the theming has been all over the place and not as concise as Legion's.

I also liked WotLK alot, also because of the strong theming and probably because that's the expansion I had the opportunity play the most.

Looking forward to Shadowlands.
    - Dare not to sleep -

theres too many wrath babies...

TBC doesnt get the credit it deserves.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

I liked the setting and story of MoP but the daily quests, scenarios and heroic dungeons were just a snooze-fest and it's the only expansion I've quit within a week of finishing Loremaster and never gone back to.

MoP was a good expansion, despite its Asian theme not fitting the WOW universe very well.
    Last edited by ErrandRunner; 2019-11-15 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    If that's the biggest problem, it had basically no problems at all.
    Arguably. WoD's content drought was not much longer and it destroyed all good impressions I had of this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    This is ofc wrong.

I say it again and again and again:

People post hype WOTLK because 90% of the current WoW population started at the end of TBC or with WOTLK. SOME people, not me, also call those people "wrath babies".

Obviously Legion was the best expansion.
    MoP should be second.
    I agree with wotlk being one of the best and I've been playing since vanilla. I also think Legion is the second worst expansion (second to BfA)

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    The term "Wrath babies" wasn't really a thing til Cata. In fact the term came to popularity because of the drastic increase in 5 man dungeon difficulty from late WotLK to early Cata.
    Eh. that's debatable bc wotlk heroics were easy as piss compared to bc launch heroics.
    So while you're not necessarily wrong, wrath baby was def used during wotlk, especially when you got the pepega dw tank dks with less hp/armour than dps in your pugs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ludvig View Post
    I agree with wotlk being one of the best and I've been playing since vanilla. I also think Legion is the second worst expansion (second to BfA)
    Wotlk was well liked because most people played easy content and never did anything till dungeon finder/icc patch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    Arguably. WoD's content drought was not much longer and it destroyed all good impressions I had of this expansion.
    wod's problem was that there was no faceroll content for baddies, lfr was "hard" and it didn't give you the raid gear everyone else got. (mind you, lfr should always get garbage gear). There were tons of people doing nothing but lfr and timeless isle in mop before it. what was the difference? no tier.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    According to MMO, 70% of posters on these forums dont enjoy the game or disagree with Blizzards way of running a business.

The poll is nice and all, but with those numbers / voters accross the site i dont see it as a good benchmark for if it is true or not.
    Also 1320 voters isnt a good number to base anything upon.

I liked MoP and it has good points and bad points, but that can be said about all expansions else i wouldnt be playing or i wouldnt have played all expansions.

Classes were fun (most of them, not all) Tot was superb, SoO was quite good too, Pandaria was huge, isle of thunder and timeless isle are some of the best endgame zones (among tanaan broken shore argus), 10 man heroic (aka mythic) raiding, decent lore and leveling, despite the irony generated by kung-fu panda mop was a solid expansion
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Classes were fun (most of them, not all) Tot was superb, SoO was quite good too, Pandaria was huge, isle of thunder and timeless isle are some of the best endgame zones (among tanaan broken shore argus), 10 man heroic (aka mythic) raiding, decent lore and leveling, despite the irony generated by kung-fu panda mop was a solid expansion
    10 man heroic isn't mythic, though.
    Mythic is considerably harder, and not some scaled down version of a real raid.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    How long did t6 last?
    T6? A year and a half?

SWP? 6 months or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    People post hype WOTLK because 90% of the current WoW population started at the end of TBC or with WOTLK. SOME people, not me, also call those people "wrath babies".
    You don't seriously think the vast majority of the current players started 10-12 years ago do you? People move on, i doubt most people even play WoW for more than 2 years. I stopped a couple of years ago and was in 3 different guild in Legion, and it was already very common to meet people that had no idea what you were talking about when you mentioned Cata or MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    I think you'd best prepare for 14 months of N'zoth because they basically had nothing to show at Blizzcon for Shadowlands.

Blizzcon was:

1 zone with barely anything playable.
    Didn't show the tower.
    Didn't show any new class design.
    Didn't show covenants.
    "Features" trailer was completely empty.
    Wouldn't talk about itemization because they "hadn't decided yet".

Oh also - 8.3 has less than half the content that SoO had in MoP. You think a Withered/Chromie scenario, a raid and recycled invasions WQs(third time) will carry this game for 12-14 months? Think again.
    With ease.